Blog Entries

Favorite Storyline?

OK. I was cycling through the threads(like, 10 pages back) and I didn't see a thread like this, so I decided to make one.

What was your favorite storyline, and why? Not really because of how the wrestling was in it, that could be a good factor, not wanting to put down anyone's reason, but I'm saying that that isn't the only factor I am looking for. What was the best storyline that worked so well with you? Like the events that occurred so nicely or how the elements simply fit together. Simply from a writer's point of view. Anyone can find flaws in a bad storyline and how the comfortable feelings can be felt in good storylines.

Wrestling is "scripted", which is the main comeback for many wrestling fans, so what was your favorite scripture of wrestling?

For me, one was Stone Cold vs The Rock at WrestleMania X-seven. Y'all know the story, Austin won the Rumble, Rock retained the title, and WrestleMania main event was set. And of course this was the time where a lot of matches at WrestleMania were taken good care of and never really were just thrown together for bullshit reasons. But this was my bread and butter for this event.

OK. Austin won the Rumble and Rock had the title *boom* main event is made, but it was a lot more than just " I won this, you have that, and we fought 1 year before and it's eating me up inside". That wasn't the case, now it was a whole new ballgame for this rivalry, and what separated it from their other WrestleMania matches and what made it the best one, was that the story was powerful without the need of who was heel and who is Face. That was the meat and potatoes of their rivalry(sorry for food references, just how it was to me) This great story came to be without anything special being introduced Even Debra became factor in the mix, of Vince appointing her as Rock's manager, with Rock telling Austin that she wasn't his wife and responsibility, and Austin threatening him that if anything happened to her, he would kick his ass. If this happened today, Debra would've ran down to ringside and be the over all decider in the outcome. Despite all little things being thrown in, Austin simply said what it was all about and describing the rivalry in the best way:

"Fact to the matter is Rock, is you have the WWF title and I want it."

Nothing else needed to be said or done. Nothing more, nothing less.

And despite how it ended, even Austin regretting NOT Stunning Vince, the ride was fun and how the Road to WrestleMania should be.

2 men fighting for the championship in the main event, can't we get that same feeling nowadays? or did it sink so low in disinterest that we MUST have a hook that forces us to see it as a main event? I nearly threw up when Rock beat Cena, and Lesnar beat HHH because I knew that we weren't going to be treated to WrestleMania matches, we were gonna be shown rematches where simply a different outcome would happen. And John Cena simply just constantly HAS to have the good/bad element to get any interest at all by fans. Ofcourse with Rock being a face certainly relieves me a bit, but it is obvious he is going to win.

Give me your thoughts on your favorite storyline? not necessarily explaining how bad anything else today, I just had to get that out there, but anything you wan to say about it. Or just post a video that tell the story of the rivalry. I just want to hear it.
    Follow the Buzzards

Blog Entries
    I just can;t the video in it's entirety, original("My Way") on youtube.

And for an added treat, here are 2 more great storylines I also enjoyed, the videos did them justice. So enjoy.
    Follow the Buzzards