Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CM Punk stopped being the underdog when he beat Cena at MITB 2011. At least in my eyes. If he didn't stop being an underdog then, he sure as hell stopped when he wrestled the Rock at Royal Rumble 2013.

I think what most CM Punk fans want is for him to get the John Cena treatment. Main events, make-a-wish, TV shows, Talk shows, Radio shows, parades, merchandise, and the ultimate "this guy is the face of the WWE" title. Personally, I'm perfectly fine with where CM Punk is now. Do I wish he was in the main event of Wrestlemania 29? Definitely, but it doesn't really make me think the WWE is holding him down. How could they? He's the longest reigning champion in the last 25 years! What else could you want, like you said.

This is where I post recent videos. This week's video:"
    WWE's Top 20 Future MUST-SEE Blockbuster Matches!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Adrian Adonis? Might be a problem there...

I was thinking more like this guy.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    His manager could be the guy in the dress from a while back.
    Vito!!!!!!
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I think Punk needs a gimmick change. If he came out with a gay gimmick, we'd soon see how many true CM Punk fans there were.
    I'd still be his fan. I might actually be more of a fan
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    ^^ This..

I also don't get how Cena can keep making out he's the Underdog. It annoys me so much.. Underdogs are Santino and people like that. Punk does not need anyone cheering for him or supporting him like he's an underdog. Punk has showed he has enough talent, passion and drive to succeed on his own doing.. Also, No underdog has a title reign like him and calls himself the "Best In The World".
    I remember when CM Punk called out Cena for being the "underdog". It was a pretty good promo.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

They have tried to bill Cena as an underdog his entire career. Punk seems to be billed as a guy that can actually get it done in the ring. I think his recent string of losses will hurt how he is booked against the Undertaker. Maybe Punk should call him out instead of Taker just appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Deluxe_08 View Post
    CM Punk stopped being the underdog when he beat Cena at MITB 2011. At least in my eyes. If he didn't stop being an underdog then, he sure as hell stopped when he wrestled the Rock at Royal Rumble 2013.

I think what most CM Punk fans want is for him to get the John Cena treatment. Main events, make-a-wish, TV shows, Talk shows, Radio shows, parades, merchandise, and the ultimate "this guy is the face of the WWE" title. Personally, I'm perfectly fine with where CM Punk is now. Do I wish he was in the main event of Wrestlemania 29? Definitely, but it doesn't really make me think the WWE is holding him down. How could they? He's the longest reigning champion in the last 25 years! What else could you want, like you said.
    I agree. I am a CM Punk fan but it seems to me that a lot of what people, his fans, want is unrealistic and they don't seem to realize that if they gave him all that face of the WWE stuff, they would probably hate him for it. It wass like when people were joining The Corporation, especially the formerly "cool" Ministry, they lost that edge that got the gimmick over in the first place.

Suffered a loss to Cena and The Rock, and people are already tossing out the "he's being buried" argument. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayoholic View Post
    Suffered a loss to Cena and The Rock, and people are already tossing out the "he's being buried" argument. It's ridiculous.
    Mainly due to the fact that the majority of the drive by IWC has no idea what this actually means.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I guess I should have been more specific... it always seems like members of the IWC seem to think that WWE holds Punk down even though they push him towards the moon. How can he be held down, if they give him such a reign?
    Maybe (and I don't necessarily agree with this) people are thinking that the reign was so long because he was being groomed to lose to The Rock. For the latter part of the reign we all knew he was going to lose at RR so some may have thought the last part of the reign to be a little sour. I would have loved to see Punk go to headline Wrestlemania. I won't be interested in the Rock/Cena match unless there is a serious swerve, and if the build up is anything like last year... I mean it was so lackluster. I would have much preferred to see the Rock vs. Punk feud go at Wrestlemania. Punk worked very, very hard last year to be the company's number one heel, and the number one heel should face the number one face (Rocky) at WM. But I guess Taker picking you as an opponent is a show of how much Taker respects Punk and should be a decent match.