Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Zack Ryder.

  1. #11
    I think Zack Ryder should be pushed and doesn't need a gimmick change right away. I think maybe have Ryder establish himself first using his current gimmick because that is what has him over with the fans. Let him keep getting pushed in the midcard and then have him break out under a new gimmick, possibly as a heel. Let's not forget that the Rock was Rocky Mavia first, Stone Cold was the Ring Master, and HHH was Hunter Hearst Hemsley. These guys all started out with a joke of a gimmick and then became some of the biggest stars in the WWE. Zack Ryder can get a crowd on his side and the WWE is stupid for not using him.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!


  2. #12
    I've liked Ryder for as long as I've known who he was (around the time he was a pro on Nxt) because he was someone different and he had enthusiasm. I still like Ryder even after the failed Ryder Revolution because he still clearly has the love for what he does...scratch that, wants to do. The trouble is he's become lost along the way, when he got given matches on Raw they were never his best work, when he got given the mic on Raw he was never as good as he was on Z!TLIS. I do believe he could be a solid mid card talent and maybe even more with the right attitude and opportunity but for now WWE will insist on cycling through the same handful of mid carders and Ryder will remain a jobber.

    In the short term I think the best thing that could happen to him is to team up with Hawkins and make a run at the tag division. They're about the same level as PTP, Primo and Epico and Fat Dancers so they'd fit right in.


    Divas to believe in.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I've liked Ryder for as long as I've known who he was (around the time he was a pro on Nxt) because he was someone different and he had enthusiasm. I still like Ryder even after the failed Ryder Revolution because he still clearly has the love for what he does...scratch that, wants to do. The trouble is he's become lost along the way, when he got given matches on Raw they were never his best work, when he got given the mic on Raw he was never as good as he was on Z!TLIS. I do believe he could be a solid mid card talent and maybe even more with the right attitude and opportunity but for now WWE will insist on cycling through the same handful of mid carders and Ryder will remain a jobber.

    In the short term I think the best thing that could happen to him is to team up with Hawkins and make a run at the tag division. They're about the same level as PTP, Primo and Epico and Fat Dancers so they'd fit right in.
    Took me awhile to figure out what team that ways, and I didn't realize Curt Hawkins was still under contract, so I do agree Hawkins and Ryder would really add to the tag division.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I've liked Ryder for as long as I've known who he was (around the time he was a pro on Nxt) because he was someone different and he had enthusiasm. I still like Ryder even after the failed Ryder Revolution because he still clearly has the love for what he does...scratch that, wants to do. The trouble is he's become lost along the way, when he got given matches on Raw they were never his best work, when he got given the mic on Raw he was never as good as he was on Z!TLIS. I do believe he could be a solid mid card talent and maybe even more with the right attitude and opportunity but for now WWE will insist on cycling through the same handful of mid carders and Ryder will remain a jobber.

    In the short term I think the best thing that could happen to him is to team up with Hawkins and make a run at the tag division. They're about the same level as PTP, Primo and Epico and Fat Dancers so they'd fit right in.
    I remember when Ryder got his "push", but he never was really given a real chance. He beat Ziggler at TLC and then was in the main event the next night on Raw. The events that preceded were Ryder jobbing to Kane, losing the US title to Swagger, getting duped by Eve, wrestling for Team Teddy, and then going back to being a jobber. Ryder's "push" was WWE's way of saying we gave him a chance when they really didn't. I guarantee you that if Vince thought he was responsible for Ryder's popularity, and not Ryder himself, Ryder would be at least an upper tier midcard with a storyline that changes his gimmick to something like the Rock's or the DX-version of HBK. Vince doesn't like it when superstars put themselves on the map because he wants to be responsible for who is popular in the WWE.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!


  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I remember when Ryder got his "push", but he never was really given a real chance. He beat Ziggler at TLC and then was in the main event the next night on Raw. The events that preceded were Ryder jobbing to Kane, losing the US title to Swagger, getting duped by Eve, wrestling for Team Teddy, and then going back to being a jobber. Ryder's "push" was WWE's way of saying we gave him a chance when they really didn't. I guarantee you that if Vince thought he was responsible for Ryder's popularity, and not Ryder himself, Ryder would be at least an upper tier midcard with a storyline that changes his gimmick to something like the Rock's or the DX-version of HBK. Vince doesn't like it when superstars put themselves on the map because he wants to be responsible for who is popular in the WWE.
    Very true.


    Divas to believe in.

  6. #16
    He's halfway decent in the ring and on the mic, but personally I'm not a fan of his. The look and gimmick just aren't appealing to me.

    For a guy who seems to be all about the fans, I got to meet him at an FCW/NXT event two years ago, the guy is pretty much an a-hole. Not as fan friendly as you may think. He also does a lot of complaining on twitter, something that will NOT help him in anyway shape or form. It will only hurt him. But maybe he's doing that so he will get his release. Who knows. He's probably better off in TNA doing some sort of angle or teaming with Robbie E.

  7. #17
    God SaberToothTigerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    Posts
    2,425
    Woo Woo Woo you blew it

  8. #18
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,583
    He should stick to the Internet. He does his best work there.

  9. #19
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,230
    Future Endeavour him already he will be better off gone from WWE.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Future Endeavour him already he will be better off gone from WWE.
    I think Ryder is one of those guys, if he left it would make waves for a bit, but then he'd fizzle out like A.W did.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

    Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

    Winner of BotN[Seraphim]



    Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.