Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zack Ryder.

Zack Ryder.

Just making this thread to see what are you guys thoughts on Zack Ryder. Do you guys like him, hate him, and where do you want to see him in the future.

I actually like Zack Ryder, I know his gimmick isn't the best but he made it work. I know some don't think he's talented, but there have been times where he can get a whole crowd behind him, such as TLC 2011, and even at Survivor Series when the whole crowd chanted "we want Ryder". He has also been known to be able to be a high-flyer, (He has a nice senton) and he even sells merchandise. I'm not saying Zack Ryder should be a main-eventer but he can be a solid mid-carder, and has proven to be a good tag team partner. I think Zack Ryder should have more of an underdog role next year, and maybe even get a bit of a mean-streak, he can talk about being more and more frustrated on his web show, and go from there. I think he is talented, and can be a solid-mid carder if the WWE would book him correctly.

So thoughts on Zack Ryder?

Personally, I don't really want to see him on TV until he gets a better gimmick. I want to like Ryder, but between his gimmick, his fans going on rampages(hyperbole) for him to be pushed, despite him having basically a comedic gimmick(despite them claiming they don't like those), and his constant complaining on twitter - he's soured on me a lot. I liked him when he was a edge head, or in a tag-team with Curt(Who I'd rather see pushed).

That aside, Ryder is a bit charismatic, with a gimmick change he could be something special - top mid-carder, transitional main eventer.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

Lord Joseph Pythonicus, Archduke of the Black Coast and Lord of the Serpent Port.
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    I don't like zach, but I don't hate him. He should be used more IMO but take that with a grain of salt, WWE is going to do what it wants with him, and right now that looks to be little to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Personally, I don't really want to see him on TV until he gets a better gimmick. I want to like Ryder, but between his gimmick, his fans going on rampages(hyperbole) for him to be pushed, despite him having basically a comedic gimmick(despite them claiming they don't like those), and his constant complaining on twitter - he's soured on me a lot. I liked him when he was a edge head, or in a tag-team with Curt(Who I'd rather see pushed).

That aside, Ryder is a bit charismatic, with a gimmick change he could be something special - top mid-carder, transitional main eventer.
    Agreed, I think his gimmick is stupid, but somehow he made it work. So I believe if he gets the right gimmick, I can see him making that work as well.

I'm not a fan personally, I don't really see what's so good about him. (Just my opinion.)

If it was my choice, I would team him back up with Curt Hawkins.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    I actually dig Zack Ryder. One of my favorites on the roster. I'm not saying that he should be a main eventer but a solid mid carder would suit him but after his push got 'jacked', he's been doing much of nothing which is pretty big shame. I appreciated the fact that he took the initiative and tried to break out on his own but it looks like it's now all gone up in smoke. The only thing keeping me from being really sorry for him is his constant Twitter bitching. I mean, his derail happened a year ago. You'd think he'd move on by now and look for more opportunities. All that does is make him look bad. I mean, now that his show is over and it's no loner a WWE Youtube featured webseries, he could just start up another one on his privately owned channel to try and respark that hype again because at this point, his career path is leading to one thing and one thing only: a pink slip and a complimentary fruits basket filled to the brim with sour grapes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    I'm not a fan personally, I don't really see what's so good about him. (Just my opinion.)

If it was my choice, I would team him back up with Curt Hawkins.
    I have to agree with you. there was never really a big appeal to me when I saw him. I'd much rather see Kofi Kingston or R Truth or someone else who is more enjoyable to watch

I think he needs to be on tv but his gimmick is old and needs to turn heel and be like "WWE is holding me back, well no more..." either that or join The Shield.

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Hate him. Absolutely hate him. His promos and wrestling ability are right up there along with his singing(or down there, more appropriately). He's pigeon-holed into a role that offers no legitimacy to any significant amount of success. Santino is the same way. It's the role that'll get a pop if pushed right, the way that Santino was set up at the Elimination Chamber the year before this one(if I remember correctly) and he was getting cheers like a main event talent when he was actually going toe to toe with the others... but ultimately had Santino won and went on to Wrestlemania, nobody would've wanted to see that match and nobody would've really wanted him to win the title. It's bad enough that Santino had the US title(I'm sure people remember how fucking miserable that was).

It's like if you made Rocky a skinny little nerd. Yeah, you might root the underdog as he's preparing for the fight, and you might legitimately be excited that he's going toe to toe with Apollo Creed, but if the skinny little nerd won it would take the gas out of the whole movie because it's not believable.

Personally I don't think he's got talent regardless of what gimmick he has. Zack is just genuinely irritating to me. It's like putting up with a child or something. The Miz is starting to give me that feeling too... when they open their mouths its like listening to 13 year olds talking.

There have been a LOT of crap gimmicks for good wrestlers.

I seem to remember 'Wild Pegasus" being quite goofy.