Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announce team

Announce team

Im not sure if its just me being a bit picky but am i the only one who believe Michael Cole has outstayed his welcome as lead announcer? This week on Raw really summed up why i think this.

In the match between Randy Orton and Antonio Cesaro, Orton used a T-Bone Suplex which Michael Cole referred to as "a nice throw from Orton". Then in the main event during the submission sequence between Cena and Punk. Cena locked in a crossface which Michael Cole called the STF. Also numerous times in the past during Punks matches, he's used several submissions such as Triangle Holds which Cole refers to as the Anaconda Vise. On top of that I find him annoying and quite boring now.

Since removing Matt Striker from commentary they're really missing the wrestling knowledge side of things. Im not even going to go in to detail about what I think of King on commentary.

Just want to know what everyone else thinks?
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

He was actually alright during the Main event.

They must keep him though as long have they have JBL on both shows to constantly ridicule him, that stuff is hilarious.

They should bring back Jesse Ventura, his commentary interspersed with conspiracy theory pap would be a wonder to behold.

bitch about cole is so 2010. cole isn't going anywhere.

I miss Matt Striker on commentary. He was pretty good.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

I don't mind Michael Cole, he has his annoying moments but he's not that bad. I would really like to see Regal become a commentator for Raw in the coming years, he would be great.

Blog Entries
    Yeah the announce team on NXT is actually pretty good. Regal's obviously got the knowledge and the younger guy (sorry can't remember his name) brings a good intensity to the team. They both have bright futures as commentators imo and one things for sure, JBL needs to replace King on Raw asap. JBL is one of the best things about the product atm.

I agree that JBL is the best announcer at the moment. He adds a bit to the announce table too when on Raw because usually its drab as both commentators are face. I've always felt that they need a face/heel commentary team to balance it out. Alas Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan or Classic JR and Lawler
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

Yeah, the ONLY thing holding JBL back is Josh Matthews. That chemistry is soooo forced. I would much rather see Cole working SD with JBL. They have the best chemistry going. Much better than Cole / Lawler for sure. Matthews would be great with Road Dogg. They have good chemistry on their youtube bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    Im not sure if its just me being a bit picky but am i the only one who believe Michael Cole has outstayed his welcome as lead announcer? This week on Raw really summed up why i think this.

In the match between Randy Orton and Antonio Cesaro, Orton used a T-Bone Suplex which Michael Cole referred to as "a nice throw from Orton". Then in the main event during the submission sequence between Cena and Punk. Cena locked in a crossface which Michael Cole called the STF. Also numerous times in the past during Punks matches, he's used several submissions such as Triangle Holds which Cole refers to as the Anaconda Vise. On top of that I find him annoying and quite boring now.

Since removing Matt Striker from commentary they're really missing the wrestling knowledge side of things. Im not even going to go in to detail about what I think of King on commentary.

Just want to know what everyone else thinks?

Not sure if you saw how striker and grisham reacted when paul bearer returned in 2010 they acted worse than the kids in the audience no reaction whatsoever, then cole was there the next week on SD and has been there ever since..do you really want lawler and JBL on commentary? i dont not unless lawler goes back to the puppy loving KING he was which will not happen.

Blog Entries
    I really liked the bickering between the announce team of JR & Paul Heyman during the Invasion storyline. Classic stuff.