Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am not sure if it began in the WWE after the brothers split or not, but didn't the "Charasmatic Enigma" character for Jeff begin in TNA with his first run... The one where he'd come crawling out on the ramp with glow in the dark paint smered all over himself (yeah, he didn't look like a druggie hopped up on some halucinogenics when that was going on... Not at all ) set to perhaps the worst song his band ever produced. The reason why I am asking is because this was the character he brought back to his WWE run. I think character (along with the fact that it was Jeff Hardy) helped TNA to push Jeff into higher profile matches besides the dream matches of Abyss/Hardy and Styles/Hardy. Once he started pushing the Enigma character, it took off and the fans were giving him some genuine reactions to it.

The reason why I bring this up is because Hardy was/is a foundation player for TNA because Hardy was able to use his 'creativity' to allow more of his artistic side to come out in the character he played in the ring (even if his mic skills were always questionable during this time). TNA gave him the room to breath with his character which allowed for him to maintain the cult following that he still has to this day. Hardy might not be a TNA original, but he is in the same category with Christian, D-Lo, and Angle in that he is one of the guys who was already known when joining TNA, helping them to gain a new aspect of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    How original do we wanna get? He was with them when they started having PPV's, that's pretty early on. But people tend to be definition specific. Lol I always thought the "charismatic enigma" title was a bit misplaced since there were certain aspects of charisma Jeff has always fallen dismally short in. But I guess if you can keep him away from a mic he's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You clearly missed my point. Maybe you're a little too sensitive about this issue?
    No I just hate how much emphasis people put on that bullshit.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    No I just hate how much emphasis people put on that bullshit.
    You'd be foolish not to try to assess something without taking in the whole picture though.

You'd be foolish not to try to assess something without taking in the whole picture though.
    I get that, like I understand trying to assess the picture, but that's what everyone seems to talk about. Like no one bats an eye that some of the most prominent figures of WWE came from ECW, WCW, AWA, ROH, and even TNA. It just seems like WWE gets a pass for something that everyone in the industry should be doing. TNA bringing in new guys with a little more celebrity is just smart. If you want to criticize try criticizing the creative, Hogan getting to much air time, the booking for Aces and Eights, or Hardy being champion,but not going to UK for legal reasons. There is so many more things to criticize, yet people only seem to care about who TNA brings in. You know what I mean?
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

How original do we wanna get? He was with them when they started having PPV's, that's pretty early on. But people tend to be definition specific. Lol I always thought the "charismatic enigma" title was a bit misplaced since there were certain aspects of charisma Jeff has always fallen dismally short in. But I guess if you can keep him away from a mic he's fine.
    You have to admit he's an enigma, no one knew what drugs the police would find when they raided his how, or that he would blow his push by going into the ring with Sting being unfit to compete. Those are enigmatic actions from someone who relies on public perception to sell merchandise. Though the real enigmas are the fans that just buy more of his stuff when he acts that way.

I always assumed "Charismatic" had speach marks around it, pretty much how I typed it, when it was announced. Like the "Super Heavyweight" Crash Holly

Blog Entries
    I am not sure if it began in the WWE after the brothers split or not, but didn't the "Charasmatic Enigma" character for Jeff begin in TNA with his first run... The one where he'd come crawling out on the ramp with glow in the dark paint smered all over himself (yeah, he didn't look like a druggie hopped up on some halucinogenics when that was going on... Not at all ) set to perhaps the worst song his band ever produced. The reason why I am asking is because this was the character he brought back to his WWE run. I think character (along with the fact that it was Jeff Hardy) helped TNA to push Jeff into higher profile matches besides the dream matches of Abyss/Hardy and Styles/Hardy. Once he started pushing the Enigma character, it took off and the fans were giving him some genuine reactions to it.

The reason why I bring this up is because Hardy was/is a foundation player for TNA because Hardy was able to use his 'creativity' to allow more of his artistic side to come out in the character he played in the ring (even if his mic skills were always questionable during this time). TNA gave him the room to breath with his character which allowed for him to maintain the cult following that he still has to this day. Hardy might not be a TNA original, but he is in the same category with Christian, D-Lo, and Angle in that he is one of the guys who was already known when joining TNA, helping them to gain a new aspect of fans.
    Absolute my thoughts!!! Jeff is just like Christian to TNA!!! Both Jeff and Christian had their first push to singles glory in TNA!!!

Hardy joined in June of 2004. By that time, TNA Impact had already begun and the debut of Hardy came on the 2nd anniversary show, which was their 99th PPV. I think what you were looking for is that this was the beginning of the company moving into a "stable" position in the wrestling world, as they were moving from the weekly/bi-weekly PPVs and Hardy helped the weekly Impact show to gain traction on FoxSports SW (Hardy's first appearance on the show was for the 9th episode at the end of July). This is why I don't think of Jeff as an 'original' for TNA because he wasn't there through the first few years, nor was he there before the move onto weekly television; but I will give you the fact that his name (might have) helped them to remain on weekly television and even moved them to their first major PPV which I believe is the Youtube video you have featured.

However, I do come to associate Hardy as a main event player because of the "Charismatic Enigma" character, which was started (I believe) in TNA. When he left WWE, he was more or less Jeff Hardy; guy who was in a Tag Team but had found some success in the Hardcore, Euro, IC, and even Lightweight Belts. He was someone who fans loved, but wasn't thought of as more than what a Kofi Kingston or Evan Bourne would be in the current WWE. Once he was distanced from WWE, he was given the chance to step up and show that he could be a main event type draw. So, I do think of Jeff as a person who was able to shine and stand on his own once in TNA, but I can't quite say he was a 'foundation player' for TNA since they were already moving in that direction before Hardy joined. Hardy wasn't the foundation, but I would go as far as thinking guys like him, Christian, 3-Live Krew, Rhino and even the Dudley’s were the mortar that held the place together long enough for it to really take off.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    No I think you misunderstood. When I mentioned PPV's I meant PPV's as major cards, not weekly shows, as they did at the start. So by that definition with Victory Road 2004 being the first of that kind of PPV, in which Jeff Hardy featured, was what I was getting at.

I would put Christian and R-Truth in the same boat. I think if it wasn't for their singles TNA runs they would not be as far along in their WWE singles careers.

Brayden Walker is a different story.