Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Foundation Player - Jeff Hardy

I guess I never really paid much mind to this but doing a little research on TNA pay per views I couldn't help but notice how much of a foundation player Jeff Hardy was to the company. During 2004-2005 he was a major player in TNA and it makes me wonder if it might have been TNA taking Hardy more seriously as a singles competitor that made WWE view him differently when he returned to the company.

Of course WWE didn't elevate him all the way up right away but he got there through being super over. But it's really changed my view of Jeff Hardy in TNA. Up until now, I suppose I have seen it as just a matter of time until he's back in WWE and maybe that will be so one day but now I consider him to be much more TNA loyal. Just a matter of information altering perspective I guess.

Blog Entries
    if the money's enough, then i bet he'd go

although he says he loves the lack of backstage politics and the more interpersonal "boss/employee" relationship in TNA, and who's to argue with that

but to quote a familiar legend
    "Everybody's got a price"

if the price is right, that "loyalty" will vanish

-Personally-
    i feel that loyalty is made up of promotion of Hardys horrible music and the lack of restraint on drug usage

also, if the culmination during of the victory road incident told us anything, TNA has no loyalty for him
    not preventing him from destroying himself,
    Allowing him to overdo dangerous "spots" despite his body's bad condition,
    Sending him out to perform, fucked out of his brain,
    then after suspending him, they let their competitors pay for rehab and not themselves

it seems to TNA, Hardy is just an orange
    once the squeeze out all the juice, they'll leave behind the leftovers as someone else's cleanup

just my opinion though

Blog Entries
    That's an interesting - and definitely plausible - view. I, myself, question just how healthy the backstage environment and culture is in TNA. But then, I really don't know and these things often don't become evident until they pan out in the long term. So I guess we'll see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    That's an interesting - and definitely plausible - view. I, myself, question just how healthy the backstage environment and culture is in TNA. But then, I really don't know and these things often don't become evident until they pan out in the long term. So I guess we'll see.

perhaps the easy going management style of TNA is their wrong doing

whether its WWE or TNA, there may be no right way of operating a wrestling business that wwon't result in the self destruction of talent and overall corruption

Blog Entries
    As a Hardy Fan, I never had problem with him being World Heavy Weight Champion esp when he's their best merch seller...only thing for me is that it has to come at the expense of a great push for AA...but, now I'm happy for AA as well..

Hardy is still super over and I feel he'll continue in TNA as that schedule suits him and his current life style..

Jeff Hardy in WWE also can sell a lot n create more revenue for them...so we may never know, WWE can offer him a lighter contract for teh revenue he can create..

So NEVER SAY NEVER!!

I too like Jeff but I was pissed when TNA picked him over Austin Aries. Jeff's history with TNA has always been up & down. He feuded with Jarrett, Monty Brown & Abyss in his first run in the company but started no-showing at shows or if he showed up he'd be totally baked so they fired him, quietly. Then he came back and started the same crap all over again but this time the law was on his ass, that's why he can't travel over sea's with the rest of the company. I honestly think he should have dropped the belt at the start of the international tour, they could have played up the "injury" from Aces & 8's.

As for the backstage stuff I agree that WWE would have handled Jeff Hardy's situation much differently, however with that being said let's not forget about half of the WWE's roster wants to leave right now. I think as far as backstage concern over their wrestlers goes TNA might care a little bit more because the WWE has shown with their little misadventure with the midcard being genuinely pissed off they don't. WWE cares about it's image and that is the only reason they would suspend Jeff Hardy, but if there image wouldn't be hurt by it, or not that hurt by it they won't bat an eye. Look at Swagger for instance. I think TNA definitely needs to be a little more stricter with their wrestlers in terms of what they do backstage, but I do think they care about their wrestlers.

As for the original topic I honestly don't care about this ex-WWE guy or TNA Original crap. If a guy can make your company better, you sign him. The fact is Jeff Hardy makes TNA a better company and the right move by TNA was to sign him. I don't get why people put so much emphasis on whether or not someone was an ex-WWE guy. Like with Aces and Eights being Angry and Endeavored? Who cares as long as they can perform and most of those guys can perform. I think DOC is going to make for a great big man in TNA and with Knox the jury is still out. Wes definitely has a lot of upside and Garrett will be a jobber no doubt. Let's critique guys for talent, not for where they have been.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    As for the backstage stuff I agree that WWE would have handled Jeff Hardy's situation much differently, however with that being said let's not forget about half of the WWE's roster wants to leave right now. I think as far as backstage concern over their wrestlers goes TNA might care a little bit more because the WWE has shown with their little misadventure with the midcard being genuinely pissed off they don't. WWE cares about it's image and that is the only reason they would suspend Jeff Hardy, but if there image wouldn't be hurt by it, or not that hurt by it they won't bat an eye. Look at Swagger for instance. I think TNA definitely needs to be a little more stricter with their wrestlers in terms of what they do backstage, but I do think they care about their wrestlers.

As for the original topic I honestly don't care about this ex-WWE guy or TNA Original crap. If a guy can make your company better, you sign him. The fact is Jeff Hardy makes TNA a better company and the right move by TNA was to sign him. I don't get why people put so much emphasis on whether or not someone was an ex-WWE guy. Like with Aces and Eights being Angry and Endeavored? Who cares as long as they can perform and most of those guys can perform. I think DOC is going to make for a great big man in TNA and with Knox the jury is still out. Wes definitely has a lot of upside and Garrett will be a jobber no doubt. Let's critique guys for talent, not for where they have been.
    If you can genuinely name half or nearly half the roster that want to leave WWE right now (genuine not bullshit dirtsheet rumours) right here, right now then I'll wire £100,000 (that's Pounds not Dollars) to your bank!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post

You clearly missed my point. Maybe you're a little too sensitive about this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    If you can genuinely name half or nearly half the roster that want to leave WWE right now (genuine not bullshit dirtsheet rumours) right here, right now then I'll wire £100,000 (that's Pounds not Dollars) to your bank!
    Not thats a challenge!