Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rematchmaina!

Blog Entries
    I'm still on the fence with this years WM event as right now it's got nothing going for it that screams "This Is WM!!" Just a bunch of thrown together at the last moment matches that are barely PPV worthy if at all. Plenty of bathroom breaks and it won't be all that exciting/entertaining unless you happen to be between the ages of 3 - 11. It's a half-hearted attempt at a PPV and less than that for a WM. Be prepared for a lot of commercials; backstage hooliganism; un-needed filler type junk; and loads of boredom.

I'm seriously disappointed with the WWE and it's lack of creative ability right now. Other than 1 or 2 story-lines everything is just a waste of time. It has no direction leading up to, nor going after this years WM event. No doubt that it will sell though as one could sell anything in America even dirty diapers. Hopefully we'll get to see a more focused effort into the build up for WM in the next 4 weeks that will bring some much needed excitement and grab my attention.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

That is true. I still think the best build ups to a Mania were for WM14. Watch those on Youtube. Fantastic. Particularly Kane v Taker and Stone Cold v HBK...

Seriously... look at this build up for Taker v Kane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ib8fW6HCEI

Here is the Stone Cold v HBK w/ Tyson Promo for WM14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8HvTFgMRPs

As someone who used to get very excited around Wrestlemania time with each passing year I get less and less excited about it. Honestly the only one to blame is the WWE because as many have stated there used to be huge builds to matches come Mania time and now they all just seem thrown together at the last minute or rematches. Lesnar vs HHH? It will be okay, but wouldn't Lesnar be better served putting over someone like Ryback, and same with HHH? CM Punk vs the Undertaker? I was excited about this until I realized we have only five weeks to "properly" build it up. This match should've been starting to get built at Royal Rumble with CM Punk stating his WWE Championship is more impressive than any other streak and list off streaks like Goldberg, Ryback, and then Taker. Boom reason for Taker to challenge Punk. Ziggler should've cashed in on Del Rio and then have Del Rio vs Swagger, easy to do with their new gimmicks, and Ziggler vs Jericho with Jericho trying to take Ziggler's title like Ziggler did to Jericho's career. Also we are now just randomly throwing in Big Show into the Shield storyline now. I'd go on, but my laptop is about to die.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Jack Swagger Vs Del Rio, and CM Punk Vs Undertaker will be the best matches of the night. I think this Wrestlemania will suprise a lot of people, when it comes to match quality.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Jack Swagger Vs Del Rio, and CM Punk Vs Undertaker will be the best matches of the night. I think this Wrestlemania will suprise a lot of people, when it comes to match quality.
    This has all the potential to be the top match for me. Could really sneak in and steal the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I remember a time when people used to enjoy feuds that were built over a number of months and matches, then culminated in the ultimate re-match at Wrestlemania. Some of these feuds lasted up to a year and even some went on for longer.

Then again this happened a lot during the Attitude Era, which I know nobody in the Drive by IWC liked.
    I know right, and the all the rematches have a potential to be great. People didn't complain when Stone Cold and The Rock wrestled 3 times at Wrestlemania, so I don't see why people are complaining about Rock and Cena.

Some where even mad that Punk was not involved in the WWE Championship, even though he's facing The Undertaker. Newsflash he's facing The Undertaker at Wrestlemania! That is arguably much bigger and more important than any title match one can have at Wrestlemania. But lets look at the rematches we most likely will have.

Daniel Bryan Vs Kane - These two could put on a nice brawl, and I'm pretty sure Daniel Bryan and Kane will go all out if they wrestle each other at Mania.

Brock Vs HHH - I expect much violence in this match, lets hope that there little fight on Raw is just a sample of things to come.

Undertaker Vs CM Punk- The Streak will be put on a line with the best wrestler in WWE today, should be a classic.

The Rock Vs Cena- This match I expect to be better than the one they had last year, and plus these two are the biggest stars in the WWE today and its for the WWE title, this match will be great.

Plus we have The Shield in action, and Jack Swagger Vs Alberto Del Rio which should be a wrestling clinic. We don't even know what Ziggler, Orton, Sheamus, Barrett, and Jericho will be doing yet. I think this Wrestlemania will be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    This has all the potential to be the top match for me. Could really sneak in and steal the show.
    It really should be a submission match, and I'm sure this match will show what Jack Swagger could really do in the ring. I mean Swagger may legit be one of the best wrestlers in the WWE today.

Blog Entries
    What was at one time considered sub-par in wrestling is now rated 5-star according to most. For true wrestling fans this years WM is still sub-par and nothing about it so far screams 5-star.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey