Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rematchmaina!

Rematchmaina!

With Wrestlemaina coming up fast we now know two of the top matches so far ADR vs Jack Swagger for the world title and John Cena V Rocky for the WWE tittle. A few of the rumored matches are
    Punk v taker
    HHH v Brock
    The Shield v RKO, Ryback and Sheamus
    Ziggler v Y2J
    and maybe even a Kane vs DB

now I think that looks like a good card overall, with all around possible good stories and wrestling quality but almost every match is a rematch, and to me that just feels less wrestlemaina to me than it should, if this is the card how does everyone feel?

I remember a time when people used to enjoy feuds that were built over a number of months and matches, then culminated in the ultimate re-match at Wrestlemania. Some of these feuds lasted up to a year and even some went on for longer.

Then again this happened a lot during the Attitude Era, which I know nobody in the Drive by IWC liked.

As a 20 year + slave to WWE programming, I feel like I will watch it regardless. They could have mixed it up a bit better but I have made my peace with it.

Blog Entries
    I think next year will be a showcase of "dream matches".
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!

Fresh Member
    I didn't really buy into the idea of Rock v Cena 2, but now that its been confirmed I'm just looking forward to seeing how the storyline pans out! I missed SummerSlam so didn't see Hhh v Lesnar, and I think if given a gimmick, ie last man standing or whatever, this will be a good brawl to watch. The story behind the World title I am enjoying, especially with Colter added to the mix and think these two should be able or pull off a good match if given the time! Punk v Taker should be very good, especially with a proper storyline behind it. As for the rest of the card, I'd rather see the Shield face a new challenge, and it could possibly be Sheamus v Barrett? I think it's shaping out quite well, the rematches don't really bother me too much!
    Smell That!

jack swagger vs del rio

this is not a rematch, and I am really into the swagger gimmick. I hope this is his break out moment because I knew Swagger could be a main eventer when he was in ECW. I think this will be a great match but it will open WM I fear, none to less I am looking forward to it. To bad Swagger is so stupid to do pot right before WM ... but lets hope that doens't kill his push

rock vs cena

the match last year didn't live up the expectations, I feel this year the match will be better but it will stil not be good enough, the cena vs punk match on raw gave me a bit hope but still ... btw the twice in a lifetime story isn't doing this match good either

Punk v taker

I fear this will be the best match, why I fear it? I think taker is the kind of men that will give us the best there is unregardless if it hurts his health, lets hope he knows what he can do and that he gives us a great match without hurting his body to much

HHH v Brock

it is a rematch, the first match wasn't bad in my opion, it wasn't the best either. I think a good storyline will keep my interest in this match and overall I will like it

The Shield v RKO, Ryback and Sheamus

I really like the shield, but this shield vs team of stars thing isn't working, they need something to fight for, and why ryback and sheamus keep coming back after their got their asses kicked twice is really a mistery ... let's hope this is the heel turn match for orton and he joins shield or something, then we can go somewhere with this storyline. the match itself will be really good

Ziggler v Y2J

a dream match for the most people here, yes this could steal the show together with the punk vs taker match, but this rematch makes no sense ... there is little build up so far and I feel like heel Y2J and ziggler are not that different

Kane vs DB

not a rematch, it will be ok but for this to really work kane needs his monster gimmick back and daniel needs to be more serious

Ziggler v Y2J could be a great match. I hope they go with it. ADR v Swagger could be one of the most classic in-ring matches on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by grave View Post

Kane vs DB

not a rematch, it will be ok but for this to really work kane needs his monster gimmick back and daniel needs to be more serious
    they wrestled at Summerslam and DB Won

NXT is the best show out there !

It also seems like they want to set up Barrett v Sheamus at Mania. I still have a hard time seeing The Shield get on the card based on the way they typically book Mania with veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I remember a time when people used to enjoy feuds that were built over a number of months and matches, then culminated in the ultimate re-match at Wrestlemania. Some of these feuds lasted up to a year and even some went on for longer.

Then again this happened a lot during the Attitude Era, which I know nobody in the Drive by IWC liked.
    I'm looking forward to the match as it's basically two years in the making. Fair enough, Rock v Cena won't be a classic or anything near that, but then again I don't have the attention span of a goldfish. I'd much rather watch Cena v Rock than Punk v 'taker because what are they going to throw together there in 5 weeks exactly?
    HHH and Brock is similar, too. The original match was to put Brock over as a destroyer! He can even take out the mighty Triple H! Now, here's the revenge scenario. Yes, it's started back up 6 weeks before mania, but it's already had build previously.
    The shield match has also had a lot of build up, with the exception of the rotating third man for the "babyface club".

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!