Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 58 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 802
  1. #71
    Black Ninja! AshleyPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    I'm intrigued with the new film series. I loved the original 2, but the third film wasn't so good and they ruined Venom. I hope they use him again. I think the choice for Harry this time should be good, his role in Chronicle was good indicator of that. Andrew Garfield suits the role more to me than Tobey Macguire did in my opinion and I Love Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, My only complaint was the story itself so hopefully #2 will be better. The new Mary Jane isn't bad looking either..



    I'd say she is a better choice than what Kirsten Dunst was, based on appearance.
    Agreed upon the two original movies, i actually am a fan of the 2nd more so than the first.. I think the characters really developed and really showcased the characters..
    I am ever so slightly in love with Andrew Garfield and i love his portrayal, his look and i mean that suit getting off topic he is awesome.. Emma Stone is excellent as Gwen, she has the smart talk and the persona nailed...

    I am intrigued at Mary-Jane and Harry's recasting and i cannot wait to see what they will show..


    IWA Revolution Creative Team

    IWA/WWE

    IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

    2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch



  2. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    Agreed upon the two original movies, i actually am a fan of the 2nd more so than the first.. I think the characters really developed and really showcased the characters..
    I am ever so slightly in love with Andrew Garfield and i love his portrayal, his look and i mean that suit getting off topic he is awesome.. Emma Stone is excellent as Gwen, she has the smart talk and the persona nailed...

    I am intrigued at Mary-Jane and Harry's recasting and i cannot wait to see what they will show..
    I was more of a fan of the second one as well. My only niggle with the first 3 films so far is why did Spidey always have to reveal his identity just before the Villian died?

    I think from looking at IMDB and seeing that Electro has been cast as has Rhino, I can't help but feel that for this film series they are building towards the sinister six or a variation of it. Like you I'm also intrigued to see how the new MJ and Harry fit into the series. I'm guessing MJ will be introduced as the new girl who moves in next door. Harry i'm guessing will be a new pupil at Midtown high after being kicked out of private school (kinda copied the idea from the original film) as it would make sense. I have read Harry will be a long term friend of Peter's who has returned, so it will be interesting to see that. I'm also wondering if Gwen Stacy will die in this film or in the film series at all.


    Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

  3. #73
    Black Ninja! AshleyPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    I was more of a fan of the second one as well. My only niggle with the first 3 films so far is why did Spidey always have to reveal his identity just before the Villian died?

    I think from looking at IMDB and seeing that Electro has been cast as has Rhino, I can't help but feel that for this film series they are building towards the sinister six or a variation of it. Like you I'm also intrigued to see how the new MJ and Harry fit into the series. I'm guessing MJ will be introduced as the new girl who moves in next door. Harry i'm guessing will be a new pupil at Midtown high after being kicked out of private school (kinda copied the idea from the original film) as it would make sense. I have read Harry will be a long term friend of Peter's who has returned, so it will be interesting to see that. I'm also wondering if Gwen Stacy will die in this film or in the film series at all.
    Yes! I mean he is supposed to remain masked for a reason.. ?
    I was guessing the same, more how they would bring Harry in,as MJ was always supposed to be his next door neighbour? Well from age 6.. I think, as they are clearly bringing MJ in as his future love interest, she will need at least 2 films to build her persona? I thought ES was signed for 3 movies? If not,it will be 2nd movie she will die?


    IWA Revolution Creative Team

    IWA/WWE

    IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

    2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch



  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    Yes! I mean he is supposed to remain masked for a reason.. ?
    I was guessing the same, more how they would bring Harry in,as MJ was always supposed to be his next door neighbour? Well from age 6.. I think, as they are clearly bringing MJ in as his future love interest, she will need at least 2 films to build her persona? I thought ES was signed for 3 movies? If not,it will be 2nd movie she will die?
    MJ was always the girl next door and Aunt May was always trying to set Peter up with her. Emma Stone did sign a 3 film contract, if they were to kill her off at the end of the second film, they could have her appear in flash backs/act as Peter's conscience in the third film. I do feel they have hinted at the future of Gwen's character in the films already. Her dad asked Peter to promise he would leave Gwen out of it, then the last time we see Peter he tells Gwen, some promises are meant to be broken...


    Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

  5. #75
    Black Ninja! AshleyPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    MJ was always the girl next door and Aunt May was always trying to set Peter up with her. Emma Stone did sign a 3 film contract, if they were to kill her off at the end of the second film, they could have her appear in flash backs/act as Peter's conscience in the third film. I do feel they have hinted at the future of Gwen's character in the films already. Her dad asked Peter to promise he would leave Gwen out of it, then the last time we see Peter he tells Gwen, some promises are meant to be broken...
    I know.. I did not get her tbh.. Do like Gwen

    Yes, as if her dad knew he was a danger to her and the consequence was her inevitable death...

    "Mr Parker don't make promises you can't keep.." .. "But, those are the best kind.."


    IWA Revolution Creative Team

    IWA/WWE

    IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

    2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch



  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    It's the cover from Wolverine #90 (Vol2) with art from Andy Kubert. It was the last Wolverine issue before the awesome Age Of Apocalypse. (Yes, I have the original lol)

    Whatever anyone thought of AoA, there's not a comic fan out there that can deny that the Sunfire of that alternate universe made for one of the coolest looking characters of the entire storyline.



    PS: I also have many of the original cards from that Hiderbandt series. Loved the way they explained the angle at which they approached each character, and offered an insight into the way they paint in general. Lighting being a huge part of their style. It's a shame they never painted a whole comic ala Alex Ross/Simon Bisley.
    Some excellent images came from the AoA. I haven't read the story myself, but I have spent many hours admiring the artwork in comic shops and online. Two covers from the AoA series stuck out in my head.







    And to your Sunfire comment - Check these out.









    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    "Mr Parker don't make promises you can't keep.." .. "But, those are the best kind.."
    haha thats the quote word for word. My biggest problem with the last film was Uncle Ben NEVER said "With great power, comes great responsibility". They went with something different that meant the same, but doesn't have the same effect, as those words are the most important in the Spider-man universe, they effectively make Peter the man he becomes.


    Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

  8. #78
    Black Ninja! AshleyPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    8,275
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    haha thats the quote word for word. My biggest problem with the last film was Uncle Ben NEVER said "With great power, comes great responsibility". They went with something different that meant the same, but doesn't have the same effect, as those words are the most important in the Spider-man universe, they effectively make Peter the man he becomes.
    Sad girl you must be thinking

    YES! Those where so beautiful i thought... and spoken so beautiful..

    Peter becomes Peter through them words...

    Whereas...

    "wherever those gifts take you, we'll always be here, come on home Peter, You're my hero and I love you" Strong but, doesn't do as much justice as you would like


    IWA Revolution Creative Team

    IWA/WWE

    IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

    2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch



  9. #79
    Another of my favourite comics that doesn't get the attention it deserves.

    Beasts of Burden,




    What isn't there to love about a group of Dogs and Cats that investigate the Paranormal in their neighborhood and protect their Human's from it. The water colour artwork is beautiful aswell.


    Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    Sad girl you must be thinking

    YES! Those where so beautiful i thought... and spoken so beautiful..

    Peter becomes Peter through them words...

    Whereas...

    "wherever those gifts take you, we'll always be here, come on home Peter, You're my hero and I love you" Strong but, doesn't do as much justice as you would like
    "Sad Girl" never once crossed my mind. I am thinking though that you have seen this film more times than I have haha. I've only seen it twice.


    Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.