Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    I know how well you know the Amazing Spider-man script

I did convert to DC after playing DC Universe Online and with the New 52 starting it gave me a chance to jump on to new titles. DC have really dropped the ball with the New 52. I don't think they planned out anything for the majority of the titles past the first story arc, after it's first year they had already dropped around 20 of those 52 titles. DC have put strong focus on their 2 best selling series titles, which is evident with the number of Batman inspired series and the same for Green Lantern. For me Marvel has the more appealing Heroes and they all seem to have a strong number of Villains for their respective rogue gallery, which is something not all the DC Heroes have.
    Welllllll

I agree tbh, i am not the biggest fan of them, I usually like up to about issue 4/5 then i think i goes to the dogs...
    I think they emphasis upon Batman as it has such a huge fan base, in some way it is a safety net for them
    Green Lantern has gained more popularity since the release of the movie (wasn't the best)
    See I am a fan of the villains of Spiderman and Iron Man and you are always enthralled by the work when you see the two meet..
    DC have 5 main villains which appear all the time, you know it and you expect it...

I read Nova #1 last night. It was pretty good, it's only setting the scene for things to come but was still a nice read and the artwork is also very good. I'm looking forward for the things to come.
    I will look forward for your comments on future issues

IWA Revolution Creative Team

WWE/IWA

IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

2013: Women's Wrestler of the year Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    Welllllll

I agree tbh, i am not the biggest fan of them, I usually like up to about issue 4/5 then i think i goes to the dogs...
    I think they emphasis upon Batman as it has such a huge fan base, in some way it is a safety net for them
    Green Lantern has gained more popularity since the release of the movie (wasn't the best)
    See I am a fan of the villains of Spiderman and Iron Man and you are always enthralled by the work when you see the two meet..
    DC have 5 main villains which appear all the time, you know it and you expect it...

I will look forward for your comments on future issues
    With the exception of Batman. DC's films don't really cross over well from the comics to the big screen. The superman films are terrible, even for their time they weren't great and I have low expectations for Man of Steel even if Chris Nolan is involved with it. Marvel's characters haven't had that problem, they are more rounded and you can relate to them much easier. It might also help that they are based in real world locations and real life events get mentioned or are featured in the case of Captain America and world war 2. Marvel have also had a well planned out strategy with their films which lead up to Avengers. That is something DC seem to be trying to build towards now with the Justice League.

Speaking of the Justice League, this was suppose to be the flagship title for the New 52 and was written by Geoff Johns with art by Jim Lee. That is a cracking pair up and was one of the stand out titles of the New 52 until Jim Lee was taken off the series and has been replaced with a normal DC artist. The writing is still great, but it loses an element without Jim Lee.

I'll keep you informed on Nova.

With the exception of Batman. DC's films don't really cross over well from the comics to the big screen. The superman films are terrible, even for their time they weren't great and I have low expectations for Man of Steel even if Chris Nolan is involved with it. Marvel's characters haven't had that problem, they are more rounded and you can relate to them much easier. It might also help that they are based in real world locations and real life events get mentioned or are featured in the case of Captain America and world war 2. Marvel have also had a well planned out strategy with their films which lead up to Avengers. That is something DC seem to be trying to build towards now with the Justice League.

Speaking of the Justice League, this was suppose to be the flagship title for the New 52 and was written by Geoff Johns with art by Jim Lee. That is a cracking pair up and was one of the stand out titles of the New 52 until Jim Lee was taken off the series and has been replaced with a normal DC artist. The writing is still great, but it loses an element without Jim Lee.

I'll keep you informed on Nova.

I am a huge fan of the Batman films both old and new... From the work of Tim Burton up to the current trilogy... I never liked the Superman films, i have very low expectations myself tbh, i mean Superman never looks good on the big screen, it looks far to fake in some way, very reliant upon special effects.. With that being said, i am a fan of Smallville...
    I went and seen Captain America and i thought it was wonderful,as it is such a vital point in world history and the comic world became involved too... I loved it...
    I do look forward to that film.. I mean as long as the casting is correct and the director is well rounded with the world of the Justice League..

Now that sounds awesome! Pity there were not more partnerships like that..

Thank-You

WWE/IWA

#RaptureBitch

I am a huge fan of the Batman films both old and new... From the work of Tim Burton up to the current trilogy... I never liked the Superman films, i have very low expectations myself tbh, i mean Superman never looks good on the big screen, it looks far to fake in some way, very reliant upon special effects.. With that being said, i am a fan of Smallville...
    I went and seen Captain America and i thought it was wonderful,as it is such a vital point in world history and the comic world became involved too... I loved it...
    I do look forward to that film.. I mean as long as the casting is correct and the director is well rounded with the world of the Justice League..

Now that sounds awesome! Pity there were not more partnerships like that..

Thank-You
    I like the Tim Burton batman films and the 90's Batman films except the one with George Clooney. What the hell we're they thinking about when putting nipples on the costumes? and the needless bum in shots when in costume, except for Alicia Silverstone that was acceptable . The only problem with the first Tim Burton film for me was they went with Parent's are dead, he's now Batman with now explanation about his training to become Batman. I know this is why they made Batman Begins, which then became The Dark Knight Trilogy.
    I was also a fan of Smallville, it worked very well and is by far the best version of Superman ever put into live action media.
    Justice League would work as a film if Christopher Nolan is in charge and if they could get Christian Bale back as Batman. After all it would help explain the 8 year gap between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. There is also some rumours that Christian Bale would return if Nolan was on board.

I like the Tim Burton batman films and the 90's Batman films except the one with George Clooney. What the hell we're they thinking about when putting nipples on the costumes? and the needless bum in shots when in costume, except for Alicia Silverstone that was acceptable . The only problem with the first Tim Burton film for me was they went with Parent's are dead, he's now Batman with now explanation about his training to become Batman. I know this is why they made Batman Begins, which then became The Dark Knight Trilogy.
    I was also a fan of Smallville, it worked very well and is by far the best version of Superman ever put into live action media.
    Justice League would work as a film if Christopher Nolan is in charge and if they could get Christian Bale back as Batman. After all it would help explain the 8 year gap between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. There is also some rumours that Christian Bale would return if Nolan was on board.
    Oh god, that is woeful! I thought you would not have minded that
    I agree, i liked seeing the back story and seeing how and why Batman is here.. I did think Michael Keaton was wonderful as Batman.. I love The Dark Knight Trilogy!!!!!!

I agree and thank god someone agrees with me.. Its deffo a favourite show of mine...
    Yes, totally agree with you there, it would have the same darkness and the same great leadership that was within the Batman movies and yes some dislike him but, i think Christian Bale is excellent

WWE/IWA

#RaptureBitch

Yes, totally agree with you there, it would have the same darkness and the same great leadership that was within the Batman movies and yes some dislike him but, i think Christian Bale is excellent
    Christian Bale to me is by far the best Batman. He also grew up in my hometown (Bournemouth) so it's cool a local lad is Batman!

Christian Bale to me is by far the best Batman. He also grew up in my hometown (Bournemouth) so it's cool a local lad is Batman!
    Is that were you hail?
    Lucky lad

WWE/IWA

#RaptureBitch

Is that were you hail?
    Lucky lad
    yes it is. Christian Bale wanted to have a premiere for Batman Begins in Bournemouth and he wanted to bring the tumbler with him. The Council wouldn't allow it

His Mother and Sister still live in Dorset.

yes it is. Christian Bale wanted to have a premiere for Batman Begins in Bournemouth and he wanted to bring the tumbler with him. The Council wouldn't allow it

His Mother and Sister still live in Dorset.
    That sucks
    Oh really, that is pretty cool

WWE/IWA

#RaptureBitch

That sucks
    Oh really, that is pretty cool
    Yeah I guess. No idea what they look like though, so could of passed them on the street plenty of times haha.