Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    I want to start by saying that I would not consider myself a cena fan. That said, this match was flat out awesome. The psychology of this match is really something to behold. These two realized they had to pull out everything to beat their opponent. From that sick piledriver Punk hit, to Cena using the Batista bomb, a move that has beat Cena in the past. I really can't praise this enough. Everything looked crisp and all of the holds were snug, which is usually a complaint I have about Cena's matches. I think everyone knew Cena was going to win going in, but there were multiple times I thought punk might get the pin. Just a testament to how well these 2 built this match.

finally caught up with the wwe, this match finally made me stop hating on cena. hahaha. i don't know why though.

Leave it to me to be the one who makes this statement, but do you guys think that this match is being elevated a bit higher than it should be simply because it IS a rarity to see such a good match on RAW? I am no knocking the match as I think it was a great showing for the two and WWE should be commended for allowing these guys the time to make this match something special. That being said, I am hearing waves of this being “Match of the Year” for 2013. The match was hands down one of the best featured on RAW in quite some time now, but could that fact also be pushing people to place this match high up the ladder so quickly simply because no one expected RAW to give it so much time (along with the liberties that Punk and Cena took in the ring with some of their move choices).

I am NOT knocking this match as I agree with the lot of you that it was something special to see on RAW; I am simply posing this counterview. Had this been on a PPV that you paid $55 to view, would you have the same “praise be to this holy 4 to 4.5 star match” that seems to be the current direction that people are taking this? Would this match have made up the difference (in your own mind) for what you paid to view it versus the rest of the show if this was indeed a PPV match?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

As not a real big Cena fan(ha ha, look at my username) Cena can put on a great match with people at times. He did it last night with Punk, he did it with Punk at MITB, he did it with Ziggies weeks back in the cage, he did it with RVD years back and many others. And while it was a great match last night, you knew the outcome before it even happened. That took a little bit away from it

Rest in Peace Eva "Ezra"

^
    ah, Renee Young

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Leave it to me to be the one who makes this statement, but do you guys think that this match is being elevated a bit higher than it should be simply because it IS a rarity to see such a good match on RAW? I am no knocking the match as I think it was a great showing for the two and WWE should be commended for allowing these guys the time to make this match something special. That being said, I am hearing waves of this being “Match of the Year” for 2013. The match was hands down one of the best featured on RAW in quite some time now, but could that fact also be pushing people to place this match high up the ladder so quickly simply because no one expected RAW to give it so much time (along with the liberties that Punk and Cena took in the ring with some of their move choices).

I am NOT knocking this match as I agree with the lot of you that it was something special to see on RAW; I am simply posing this counterview. Had this been on a PPV that you paid $55 to view, would you have the same “praise be to this holy 4 to 4.5 star match” that seems to be the current direction that people are taking this? Would this match have made up the difference (in your own mind) for what you paid to view it versus the rest of the show if this was indeed a PPV match?
    i know what you mean, the last truly great match i saw on raw was orton vs ziggler almost two years ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post

No. But not because of that match, or the open, which was good too. It's because of the book ends. You get this good open and good close, and nothing in between to show for it.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

I think the only problem with this match was that it should've honestly been on a bigger stage, maybe Summerslam. Instead start CM Punk vs Undertaker this week and then near Summerslam have CM Punk win a number one contender's match to face Cena at Summerslam.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

The thing I found the most intriguing about this match was not just the moves that both Cena and Punk whipped out of their arsenal's but it was the long duration of the match. Sitting there as the match was going on I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen. I had a feeling deep down in my gut that John Cena had this match in the bag since the very second the bell rung. When the match went under way I was completely blown away by what I saw. You really felt the moment for what it truly was. That pile driver CM Punk delivered to John Cena made me cringe because it looked like he hit the mat hard and my first thought was "Hopefully his neck did not break!". Even though my gut was right about the conclusion of the match I think it was one of Cena's best matches that I can recall in quite some time. I have seen a lot of Cena matches and I have never been this into them. Aside from that funky Hurricarana(?) attempt fail - this is an easy 5 star match. I tie it right up there with Chris Jericho Vs. CM Punk during that RAW active thing.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

I think it was awesome match up. It was worth of the PPV for sure, well maybe even wrestlemania caliber match up.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberToothTigerz View Post
    You're making yourself look like a fool, you know that.
    Yes because the same old drivel you keep putting out here makes you look like Einstein.