Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, it happened sooner than I thought...

I knew King Mo would get put down at some point... I just didn't expect it happening so soon and being such a decisive knock out. With the press coverage from ESPN on this, along with the fact that it's a knock out that will most likely be featured on replays for Bellator for a long time to come, it appears that King Mo has indeed made some noise... Just not the kind that both TNA and Bellator wanted him to make.

I stated a long time ago that if this scenario was to happen it would take away the 'credible threat' aspect that King Mo could bring. With this being such a high profile KO from someone he was certainly billed to beat, it makes it even worse for King Mo. While I do think that this is a bad thing if TNA is planning on calling King Mo in this year, I think this early stumble for Mo helps his position with TNA (and wrestling fans) in a way.

Firstly, thank God this didn't happen while Mo was wearing a title. If he was to be wearing a TNA belt when this happen, the speculation would be around if Newton was to get a contract next. It would also make the title drop a peg in my eyes (like it could go much lower) because if King Mo could get put down in the first 3 minutes, why would I want to watch him in a 7 minute bout? I know it's putting more emphasis on the real aspects of wrestling than it should, but the way it appears to me, to have a title holder be knocked out in a separate fight makes that title holder appear easier to defeat.

Secondly, King Mo is very new in TNA and has been limited on his Impact television appearances. With what he has done, as the enforcer at BFG, I feel he did a decent job with his facial expressions of selling how 'real' the scripted wrestling is. He seemed to come across as genuine when he was cringing during the Storm/Roode match. He might not have been involved in the match, but they also managed to keep his involvement in Impact minimum as well, so I feel this (along with the fact that ESPN hasn't associated him with TNA the way Spike, Bellator, and TNA have) keeps TNA away from the negative connotation of King Mo being "nothing more than hype".

Any thoughts about this? There really wasn't a question to it; I just didn't see this coming so soon after he began working for both promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Yeah i don't think this has helped TNA at all to lose in the semi-finals in the 1st Round to me anyway (I am not an MMA fan) reduces his credibility as a badass although he did talk an almighty Eddie Kingston like Backfist(to the Future) it was definitely decisive.

I'm sure Bellator, TNA, and Spike all had a pit in their stomachs watching him go down. The three had quite a bit invested in him since he was one of the faces of Bellator. However, I don't think it will hurt his gimmick, if you will. Lesnar got his ass handed to him and he still comes out in the MMA shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Lesnar got his ass handed to him and he still comes out in the MMA shorts.
    Lesnar's defeat was by either TKOs (after his surgery) or a tap out from a former UFC Champion. King Mo got legit KOed with no excuse possibly made (except training for both Pro-Wrestling and MMA tired him out). This kind of reminds me of what happened with Kimbo Slice. Build up as a star but one KO pretty much ruined him.

King Mo has a HECK of a better chance from recovering from this since he actually has talent, but I think he should stick with Bellator for a while before heading to TNA.

That KO was brutal! Mo dropped his hands like backfists aren't allowed. To me though, it doesn't hurt his TNA reputation. MMA & pro wrestling are separate for me.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA

Forgive my ignorance (of MMA in general) but isn't King Mo quite new to it all still? I thought he was the next big thing rather than an established star. If that's the case one KO shouldn't ruin his career, a lot of smaller guys has less than perfect records and do quite well from what I've seen. In any case even if he's done for in MMA a clever bit of booking in TNA and he'll still be a credible pro wrestler.

Divas to believe in.

Huge upset in my book, but huge pop for his opponent (can't remember the name) when the call was made

Yea, I agree with the OP idea that TNA certainly hoped Mo would become a big deal, tough guy, hard to stop type of fighter in Bellator...Not someone who gets KO-ed faster than someone jobbing to Big Show...

Yea, of course MMA is not rigged, so they had very high hopes things would go well and he'd be be the next big thing, not someone who lost like this.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan View Post
    Lesnar's defeat was by either TKOs (after his surgery) or a tap out from a former UFC Champion. King Mo got legit KOed with no excuse possibly made (except training for both Pro-Wrestling and MMA tired him out). This kind of reminds me of what happened with Kimbo Slice. Build up as a star but one KO pretty much ruined him.

King Mo has a HECK of a better chance from recovering from this since he actually has talent, but I think he should stick with Bellator for a while before heading to TNA.
    Overeem is not a former UFC champion

Its MMA its the real world when you get caught you get caught, no matter how good you are.

This will not hurt TNA.

Would be to good to come back as heel

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

If TNA doesn't have a heel mention it in a promo against King Mo it won't affect them. I was already said that MMA and wrestling are two different sports. I also hate the excuse that was made for Brock Lesnar. He lost. It doesn't matter if it was TKO, after a surgery or whatever, his first lost was a tapout. No BS. A legit tapout. So King Mo is fine.