Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Gift Thread

Blog Entries

Lightbulb The Gift Thread

What were some of the best gifts you ever gave or have been given? It doesn't matter what it was - if it was a gift you still hold dear, tell about it here. It could be a toy from your childhood, a decorative or practical household item, hubcaps for your car or the car itself - tell us why it meant something to you.

Also, talk about what you'd like to receive this holiday season, as well as what you plan on giving to your nearest and dearest. Be it extravagant or humble, it doesn't matter - after all, it's the thought that counts. The size of the gift matters far less than the size of the heart that gives it. (you can use that, I just made it up)

One of my very best gifts (received) would have to be my subscription to National Geographic magazine. A subscription is great because it's the gift that keeps on giving, 12 months of the year. And Nat Geo brings you corners of the globe you might otherwise never consider.

This year, I'm giving books. Lots of books. Mostly arty coffee table style books. And I got my mum tickets to go see Driving Miss Daisy with Angela Lansbury and James Earl Jones. Because what oldie doesn't want to see Darth Vader in Murder She Wrote?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This year I plan on doing something for my girlfriend. I promised her a Backstreet Boys tshirt so that's part one I'm getting her that (yeah I'm the one that got her hooked on Backstreet Boys haha) and I'm also going to give her a stuffed animal and a journal in which I will for a week do some small sacrifices for her and prayers. We're both pretty religious and I think it'll be a very meaningful present to her. My two best friends are getting bottles of liquor because I can!

Best present I ever received though was totally a pair of socks!!!!! lol jk uh I guess it'll be a scooter I got like 12 years ago. It was when Scooters were getting cool and everyone had one and my mom got me one.

I think the best present or presents I ever got was when I was a young boy, can't remember how old but I was just starting to really get into wrestling, everything I did was wrestling related, catch phrases, telling my family to "Suck it" without actually knowing what I was saying LOL! wrestling my sister and my uncle's all the time.. even getting chocked slam so hard it broke my sofa and the TV controls I landed on I thought it was awesome! My mum didn't..

I loved wrestling so much that I was using my action figures like.. Batman, Spiderman and so on as Wrestlers, then one Christmas I would wake up and open a box which contained at least 25 Hasbro wrestling figures and I was so happy! I would they grow up from childhood collecting and buying wrestlers every time I saved up money, I even have every wrestler I own still stored away to hopefully pass down to my son if I'm one day lucky enough to have one..

As for this Christmas, I really don't have anything I really want.. It's the first year where there is generally nothing I'm excited about but more looking forward to seeing my younger cousins open there presents and spending the day with my family.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

The Best Gift I have ever received on christmas

was WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth in a ps2.. I was playing for days.

The best gift I have ever gave was probably my power rangers morpher I forgot what year but I was getting old and this kid loved power rangers and I still remember the face he had when I gave it to him.

Such joyful moments.

Blog Entries
    Can anyone recommend some good books they have really enjoyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Small Steps by Louis Sachar.

Small Steps by Louis Sachar. If you read holes you will enjoy it. Our The Graveyard Book. And definitely a few Stephen King books such as Christine or IT. Not sure what books you prefer but these are a few of my favorites.

In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    The best gift I ever recieved was a hand made Dallas Cowboys blanket my Grandmother made for me 2 years ago. I love this blanket and it is the most important possesion to me is because I have been a big time Cowboys fan for my most of my life, but mostly the reason I care so much about my blanket is because my Grandmother has breast cancer and she may not have much time left.

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."

The best gift I ever got was about ten years ago and one of the reasons it was so special is because it was a complete surprise to me and not something I'd actually asked for. I was huge in to yugioh at the time and its still one of my favorite games and when I was 12 my mon and step dad got me a 50 pack of black card sleeves with the millennium eye on the back on the sleeves and a brand new perfect condition Dark Magician. I was speechless

The best gift I ever gave is hard to say because I do enjoy giving gifts during th holidays but I'm going to say it was probably last year when I bought my daughter a backpack designed after a black cat from one of her favorite anime movies, she was absolutely in love with that bag
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

It depends on what your likes are but if your into fantasy you should look up the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini especially if you like lord of the rings. On a side note even though its an old series Animorphs is still one of the best series I've ever read
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same