Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goldberg to TNA

Hybrid View

Goldberg to TNA

I'm sure this has been flirted with before several times but I just came across this on my iPad reading list:

http://www.sescoops.com/bill-goldber...ture-with-wwe/

So he says he's returning soon enough...somewhere where he can deliver the spear i.e. the wrestling move i.e. wrestling. Goldberg is not the kind of person to work at ROH or an indie, this assumption based on his preference of affluence over wrestling. So unless he is going to Japan or a big money Mexican promotion, what are the odds of TNA?

I'd assume in the Aces and Eights angle, that being the main event storyline, either as a part or the primary opposition. What are your thoughts on (a) the likelihood of him referring to TNA in above article and (b) whether this is a good move?

I'm sure, being the IWC, we will all crap on a guy with a limited moveset, who's a hasbeen, blah blah. And the WWE marks will scoff (notwithstanding the fact that, apart from John Cena, The Rock, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and HHH will likely draw most of Wrestlemania's buys and Y2J returning). But let's be real here - hate him or love him, Bill Goldberg is a draw full stop. And for a company in a quest to expand this year, expand their reach and be on the road and sustain an increasing international reach, is this not a good shout? Especially what with the fact that the Dixie Carter Facebook Randy Orton message was a false alarm.
    Yes, I mark out for Kurt Angle...hate me.

Favourite of all time in no order: Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, Booker T, Rick Rude, Mr Perfect and Sting.

Pushing for Roman Reigns to be THE face of the WWE in 2015 since December 2012. Truly hope we see him in that top guy spot.

I wouldn't mind seeing him return to the wrestling business for a short stint. I really never been a huge fan but a return that's kept under the radar could have a big impact for a company like TNA who is struggling right now.

While I'm not a fan he is a huge name, and one of the few people that would make the aces and eights worth the time.

Would be a massive boost for taking impact on the road, he is a draw. Doubt whether they could afford him though, i scratch my head as to how they can afford to pay the likes of Hogan, Sting and Bischoff as well as everyone else to be honest, those guys mustn't come cheap. As a calculated risk, i think bringing in Goldberg would be worth every penny in the long run.

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    could he go to tna? maybe..
    and if he were the leader of aces and 8's holy shit....that's all i gotta say..

Is Goldberg a big name? His last wrestling appearance was in 2004 and compared to Sting or Hogan, he hasn't done much for wrestling outside the streak. I don't think he'll be making a big of impact on TNA as he would with WWE (since they practically own his history and can properly promote him).

And for him being the leader of Aces and 8's, I think it would be more damaging to Goldberg than helpful for them. I already think they're all a bunch of losers since it takes three guys to defeat one 50 year old with multiple back surgeries (or in this case where nine people have to be used to defeat a 50 year old, a 40 year old, and a guy with a torn quad). And if Goldberg is the leader, that means he's not going to be the unstoppable force that was the reason he was liked in the first place.

Is it possible? Of course; from all the interviews I have seen with Goldberg, he gives massive credit to Sting being one of the guys who was great and approachable to him when he entered WCW. I'm trying to recall the interview, but he said that he does keep in contact with him. Goldberg can do just about anything he wants so I wouldn't say him going to TNA is impossible. He has been vocal about how the competition that WCW presented to WWE made the wrestling industry and the overall product MUCH more interesting and since the WWE became a monopoly, it has been on a steady decline. Since he was so passionate about speaking on how much the wrestling industry needs this competition, I could see him going to TNA just as a way to revitalize the business, so long as he cares enough about it to attempt to make a difference in the current situation.

Is it likely? In my opinion, no. I understand people bury the hatchet after years, but Goldberg felt the way his run with WCW ended was due to Nash, Bischoff, and Hogan. Those three guys were pretty high up on his shit list and left him with a sour taste because he felt they were only about their image and getting what they wanted, which he said rubbed him the wrong way after having played team sports most of his life. Nash might no longer be in the TNA picture, and Goldberg might have moved past the Bischoff aspect because Bischoff has been quoted as saying he "wishes" he could take credit for the Goldberg idea, but he can't and gives the entire credit to Goldberg himself. But I am not sure Goldberg is at that point with Hogan because I haven't read anything contrary to his thoughts on Hogan just being an inflated ego. So if I had to make a decision, I would say "no, he won't be in TNA anytime soon" unless more information comes out that sways the case in a different direction.

The thing that TNA has going for them is that Goldberg has always stated that he is amazed by the athletic abilities of wrestlers in the ring. He gave a MAJOR amount of credit to the success of Monday Nitro to the Cruisers and said that even though they had major names in the company, they best part of the show that kept people tuned in until these major stars were back on the screen was the awesome matches the roster had; the wrestling most of the time was better than the segments. Being that TNA has a similar outlook and feel, I can see this being a plus and attractive attribute for TNA. Pair that with Sting being such a major fan of TNA, and the business decisions that TNA seems to be making as a way to improve their product, Goldberg might find himself with a nice spot in the company. We might not like the guy for his in-ring work, but I give Goldberg credit in that MOST of the interviews I have seen of the guy, he did seem to have a passion for the wrestling industry and would give credit (by naming names) of those who he felt were excellent wrestlers. If TNA has enough excellent wrestlers and Goldberg is passionate enough to actually attempt to help in recreating competition in the wrestling industry, only time and Bill Goldberg will tell us that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I still think Goldberg is done in the ring he might show up for signings but that would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckIsForLosers View Post
    I'm sure this has been flirted with before several times but I just came across this on my iPad reading list:

http://www.sescoops.com/bill-goldber...ture-with-wwe/

So he says he's returning soon enough...somewhere where he can deliver the spear i.e. the wrestling move i.e. wrestling. Goldberg is not the kind of person to work at ROH or an indie, this assumption based on his preference of affluence over wrestling. So unless he is going to Japan or a big money Mexican promotion, what are the odds of TNA?

I'd assume in the Aces and Eights angle, that being the main event storyline, either as a part or the primary opposition. What are your thoughts on (a) the likelihood of him referring to TNA in above article and (b) whether this is a good move?

I'm sure, being the IWC, we will all crap on a guy with a limited moveset, who's a hasbeen, blah blah. And the WWE marks will scoff (notwithstanding the fact that, apart from John Cena, The Rock, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and HHH will likely draw most of Wrestlemania's buys and Y2J returning). But let's be real here - hate him or love him, Bill Goldberg is a draw full stop. And for a company in a quest to expand this year, expand their reach and be on the road and sustain an increasing international reach, is this not a good shout? Especially what with the fact that the Dixie Carter Facebook Randy Orton message was a false alarm.
    I'd bet good money on him never appearing in TNA.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Blog Entries
    Goldberg would be the kinda name TNA need esp with them going on the road..... If he would come he would work a limited schedule the Major PPVs and certain TV events.....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???