Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckIsForLosers View Post
    (Excuse the cliched title)

I was reading a preview of Elimination Chamber prior to watching it and several comments were pre-empting "a typical snoozefest", from "that no talent" freakshow who "only has a career because he's taller than most wrestlers". I of course notice "Big Show hate" on forums, comments, dirthseets etc.

So I ask why - I really don't understand it. Yes, he isn't Kurt Angle in the ring. But does everybody need to be a man of 1000 holds, or an indie spotmonkey or a 60 minute match performer from ROH? I realise that this may sound somewhat ignorant (I'm a fan of indie wrestling, a fan of CM Punk and Austin Aries, Kevin Steen etc) but this IS, pardon the cliche, ENTERTAINMENT. It always has been. From Stampede Wrestling's "The Lochness Monster" aka Giant Haystacks to Andre the Giant, to even smaller men than them, the business is about storytelling and someone like Show fulfils that.

At times he's also agile in the ring and is great for a brawl type match; his ring psychology is good too, he can tell a story in the ring and work the crowd. On top of that his mic skills are phenomenal I'd say. So why the hate?

and if you disagree surely this accent should warm you to the big man

http://www.wwe.com/videos/the-americ...n-apr-26014247
    I ask myself that a lot of them time. I think it's a case of people picking one standard of wrestling and basing everyone else off that. say picking CM Punk level of wrestling, and comparing people, who clearly are not of that style, to it. I Suppose that's why Cena gets to much flak, or Sheamus, or even Show. Instead of looking at them as brawlers, like they are, they are looked at as technical guys, so the scale is skewed.

As for the hate, I couldn't tell you - I've enjoyed Big Show these days, I think now though with Henry back, Show needs to go back to RAW to remain relevant and be the resident RAW monster, while Henry handles SD in that department.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

At the OP very well put.

Yeah Big Show gets a lot of shtick but in fairness for a big guy he is better than most in the ring.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckIsForLosers View Post
    (Excuse the cliched title)

I was reading a preview of Elimination Chamber prior to watching it and several comments were pre-empting "a typical snoozefest", from "that no talent" freakshow who "only has a career because he's taller than most wrestlers". I of course notice "Big Show hate" on forums, comments, dirthseets etc.

So I ask why - I really don't understand it. Yes, he isn't Kurt Angle in the ring. But does everybody need to be a man of 1000 holds, or an indie spotmonkey or a 60 minute match performer from ROH? I realise that this may sound somewhat ignorant (I'm a fan of indie wrestling, a fan of CM Punk and Austin Aries, Kevin Steen etc) but this IS, pardon the cliche, ENTERTAINMENT. It always has been. From Stampede Wrestling's "The Lochness Monster" aka Giant Haystacks to Andre the Giant, to even smaller men than them, the business is about storytelling and someone like Show fulfils that.

At times he's also agile in the ring and is great for a brawl type match; his ring psychology is good too, he can tell a story in the ring and work the crowd. On top of that his mic skills are phenomenal I'd say. So why the hate?

and if you disagree surely this accent should warm you to the big man

http://www.wwe.com/videos/the-americ...n-apr-26014247
    Honestly I don't think it's Big Show himself, I think it's who Big Shows gets paired up with. There are some people, that when you hear Big Shows name against, you think "that could be a decent/good match", and there are others where you think "oh lord...not Big Show..please anyone else than Big Show". Personally, I'm ok with big Show. I think he can work well with anyone, but the biggest problem comes from when he faces someone numerous times, ie John Cena. Personally I'd love to see a Big Show/Brock Lesnar feud

Big shows fued with Brock and Kurt from early 00's were very entertaining... of course "the stars have to align" for a perfect wrestler...and lets face it, 9 times outta 10, your not going to have the perfect wrestler against another perfect wrestler, with the perfect storyline fued, and all these perfect matches....and that's the problem a lot of fans don't understand...some wrestlers just don't click with one another, and can't actually tell a good story together in the ring, but I am a fond believer that wrestlers, more then the writers, tend to get lazy and will settle for IC championship, or no championship and be find just being a mid carder...or even be in the wwe/whc picture and STILL don't seem to grasp attention from the viewers....it takes something different and a reinventing, if you will. show HAS done this many o' many times, and it STILL can be done....but with his limited skills and his overall size, its hard to "re-invent". give it time though, truly a great athlete and certainly a future H.O.F'er... and all of this ^^ goes for EVERY superstar I.M.O. not just directed with big show..