Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE 2K14 Thread

WWE might be able to inquire some names from TNA. WWE might be able to get RVD, and other WCW natives but most names might breach the contracts of TNA superstar. If there might be a possibly of this, it would be a Invasion Story line!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

didnt they have Hogan in All Stars and RVD in WWE 12?? i think because they own the rights to use videos from their back catalog surely they can use their likeness in games to?
    and invasion storyline would be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by danielrees26 View Post
    didnt they have Hogan in All Stars and RVD in WWE 12?? i think because they own the rights to use videos from their back catalog surely they can use their likeness in games to?
    Even through that would be an epic idea, Hulk Hogan was not a big part of the Invasion Story line. WWE should begin inquire big names in the story line such as Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, etc. If that could happen, WWE is in line for a big pay day with WWE fans wanting to relive moments and the shocking moments of this story line!

" The Only people who try and tell you that you can't do something, are the people who have failed."

Rankings of WWE Prediction's
    WWE Hell in the Cell: 6th Place-164 PTS

Hogan was in All Stars because I think his TNA contract allowed it.
    RVD was signed on to be in SVR 2011 before he went to TNA.
    The only rights WWE has is to the archieve Videos & Images from their back catalog. They can't use others likeness for use in Games, Toys, etc.

Blog Entries
    Hogan has rights to his own name so WWE paid him directly for use, not TNA, van dam had already arranged to be in WWE 12 before he signed with TNA

Overall, WWE wont use TNA guys because it would be seen as promoting the competition. One legend, say hogan, could happen, but that would be it

even though it would be promoting the competition and yes they may get some more viewers, like its been said before, big payday for wrestling fans who want this in the games! hopefully they will pull something out of the bag..

another direction but keeping with the invasion storyline would be to have the NXT roster on there? that way people can get familiar with the NXT "universe" because i heard they were looking for a tv deal in the us for NXT (on here i read that) im in the UK and we get NXT on sky so the uk market would already be familiar... so rather than take up 3 slots for triple h and the undertaker, we could have the wyatt family, bo dallas, richie steamboat etc!

They could use them if they wanted, but they would have to be as they were in WWE or WCW, since they own the rights to their WWE persona and their WWE persona, the only ones I think they may have troble with is team Bubba/Bully, since he used his WWE name elsewhere makes me think WWE does not have that tradmerked, angle and Devon would be OK since they use their real names.

But at the end of the day, WWE wouldnt want them in due to advertising the competition, even if there is no direct reference to TNA they are advertising their roster, TNA would probably jump at the chance but WWE would be foolish to allow it.

I just with someone would make a wrestling game, not a WWE game, and pick up rights to each person separately, like EA did with their first MMA game.

It would be really cool to see some TNA names in WWE 2k14. I could see RVD and/or The Hardys. I know Kurt Angle and WWE are still kinda tense between each other. I too prefer this over just alternate costumes. I would be lying too if I said I wasn't excited that the series shifted to 2K. I don't know if anyone else on here is a big NBA fan but 2K does an excellent job with NBA 2K games. I refuse to reserve anymore though after paying $60 for last years game and it having the one-count glitch and beyond horrible A.I.
    2011 Prediction Contest: 4th, 2012 Prediction Contest: 11th, 2013 Prediction Contest: 4th

Blog Entries

What are you looking for in WWE 2K14?

Are their any new ideas that you want put into the new WWE 2K14 video game coming out later this year?
    Some things I would like are:
    • new environments, such as climbing the Jumbo-tron
    • When in a match, go backstage from the entrace way, or go back in the crowd, such as in smackdown v.s. raw 2008
    • General Manager Mode
    • attack someone during entrance or after match manually
    • Triple Threat Tag Team Matches(2007 & 2008)
    • 8 people in the ring at a time
    • 5 v.s. 5 Survivor Series Matches

How about you? Any Ideas?

IWC mode: Where grown ass men bitch and moan after every show and PPV and they get bonus points for saying the following:

1: Calling someone else a Mark
    2: Saying sick of Cena being shoved down our throats
    3: Saying Randy Orton is boring
    4: Saying Punk stole the GTS from Kenta
    5: Saying PG sux
    6: Asking for the Attitude Era back
    7: Blaming everything on Linda McMahon
    8: Saying they will never watch again but still watch and comment on every episode
    9: Saying WWE sux and they love TNA but never actually say anything about TNA just berate WWE every chance they get
    10: Saying TNA will fold in a year
    11: Saying Hulk and Bischoff are ruining TNA, overlooking the fact they are enjoying one of their best ever periods
    12: Create a list of top 5 or 10 of something or other
    13: Calling other people idiots or stupid or saying their top 5/10 sux because they don't agree or how have they left out such and such not realising it's a top 5/10 and not a list of everything in wrestling ever
    14: Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Bonus points for being capable of posting threads in the right section!