Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Isn't Regal already sort of retired?

You can't really count part time wrestlers as part of the roster imo.
    Remove Taker, Lesnar, The Rock, HHH, Jericho.
    Regal ISNT an active wrestler anymore. Besides the odd match and live events, he's now NXT commentator/occasional "acquantance". Hornswoggle is a joke character, so can't really count him either.

I feel all of these are winding down however. Taker has one - two matches left.
    Lesnar and Rock will have Sporadic matches until WM 30, but mostly promos or confrontations. HHH could possibly retire at Mania.
    Jericho is just here when he's able to, but i'd say he could be finished for good by WM30 too. Henry is talking of retirement so i'd say he's a good shout by the end of the year, as is Khali.

Tensai is fine for now, as is R-Truth. They aren't showing signs of retirement yet and are being focused on TV quite a bit lately. Christian can still go and is popular - besides injuries, he seems to be fine in the ring still.

Mysterio will definitely be winding down now.

Under 40 is still not old in wrestling though. I think this year, with WWE actually going for a politically motivated storyline with Swagger, i think it's a sign that they may have actually held this idea back until the result of Linda's run had come in. Seeing as they actually went through with it, it could be a sign that they will start culling again- something they didn't do when Linda was running or had plans to run.
    Truth is still going strong so he will be around a few years.
    I'd say the following are looking likely;
    Tatsu, hunico, Jackson and McGillicutty - age to relevance ratio. Worse thing for Hunico is that he was brought in to help Sin Cara settle. Now Sin Cara seems to have slowed in momentum, it may be the end for Hun. Jackson received a slight push a while back but has essentially disappeared with no news of an injury. Could see him going too as they've tried a push but it fell flat. They've got Big E debuting too. Tatsu is an NXT jobber now, which isn't good. McGillicutty also appears to be more enhancement talent material on the show. He is actually one of the biggest named, "full time" NXT talents though so does tend to get placed in title matches when needed - Example is fatal four way a few months back.

Curtis
    is getting his push (when he debuts) but it depends how fast this Fandago thing ends. If it doesn't catch on, that's his chance gone.
    Riley -Started with abang but a supposed "fall out with cena" ended his push fast. Injured and relegated to NXT isn't always a good sign, but i can't see them releasing him soon. It's not even as if he's jobbing on NXT like Tatsu, plus, Jinder and drew were relegated to NXT and soon made it straight back onto television.
    Ryan - Hasn't done anything since new nexus. Relegated to NXT but has redebuted recently in a squash match vs sakamoto. Could be built up on NXT and called up in the summer, depending on how well he's received.
    Ted Dibiase - Injured but his dibiase posse gimmick seemed over before his injury. I'd say he's got one more run to prove himself before he's released.
    Bourne - will get one more push IF he returns soon. If he spends the rest of the year injured he will get fired.
    Camacho - Jobbed a few times on NXT lately, and even then the commentators talk about hunico more. Not looking good. Unless he gets a gimmick change, i can see this being his last year.

JTG - heat backstage due to his vocal outbursts. More chance of being kept on and jobbing now and again to piss him off, than getting released. That's Vince's humour all over. If he was vocal and genuinely didn't care anymore (like carlito), he'd be gone by now.
    Hawkins - Barettas gone, and doesn't even appear anymore. I'd say very good chance of release.

I would say Kidd, but he seems to have some support from higher up - people like Punk have mentioned his mis-use in promos, which must mean the writers/vince like him to even have that scripted in. It could also just be the amount of people on twitter saying that he's underrated too.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    You can't really count part time wrestlers as part of the roster imo.
    Remove Taker, Lesnar, The Rock, HHH, Jericho.
    Regal ISNT an active wrestler anymore. Besides the odd match and live events, he's now NXT commentator/occasional "acquantance". Hornswoggle is a joke character, so can't really count him either.
    Done.
    Really interesting to read what you had to say.
    I hope Ted Dibiase will soon prove himself, I like that guy. Riley too.

Blog Entries
    Even though he'll be 46, Kane still has a few years in the tank. I have to think Big Show may not be around much longer, maybe just long enough to put over some younger guys. Mysterio is one more knee injury away from being forced to retire.

Punk still has a lot of time left, but he's repeatedly stated that he won't be that guy wrestling into his 40's. So I see him retiring within 4-5 years.

As for guys getting released soon: Hunico, Camacho, Jackson, Tatsu and a few others that never appear on TV might be gone.

Looking at the age of the roster though why is it Jericho gets such a long run in the rumble, and a long run in EC too. He's definitely doing the right thing being part time cause he's out lasting the full time roster that's younger than him

mark Henry is the only one I could see retire this year
    some others may be released because they aren t used, but they will just go to an other promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Done.
    Really interesting to read what you had to say.
    I hope Ted Dibiase will soon prove himself, I like that guy. Riley too.
    Thanks, i tried to think about age and everything else that factors in releases.
    Yeah, I actually thought he'd go far. He did appear a little lazy though tbh Might get one last chance.
    Riley was pushed and actually got over pretty quickly, guess the politics rumour may have a little bit of merit.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Age should be the last intangible to consider when making rosters cuts. It's almost in consequential and as a matter of fact, it's ageism which is defined as a motivation for hate crime in thirteen U.S. states so I don't think the WWE would want to be label as an ageist organization.

Productivity, work ethic, motivation, morale, attitude etc. Now those are what really decides if a superstar will continue to be employed.
    But it has to be. Eventually you just grow to old to perform.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Kane I think has one last title run in him. But this is coming from a Kane mark.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

That is a wicked problem in the workplace lately is ageism and i think if they are more than capable of being able to compete it should be up to them when they retire not when WWE feels its time for them retire. There are excepts to the rule though an example is Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan etc.