Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New WWE Title

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Well, surprise surprise, the main complaint is that it's not the attitude era type of belt. You people have to learn how to move on. Things tasted better then, the sun was brighter, people were nicer, ice cream was free and plentiful and strangers greeted you in the street; yeah yeah, we get it - your memory makes things seem so much better than they were.

Examples of things people mistakenly recall fondly and/or examples of VERY misplaced taste - 1996-2001;

*The Attitude Era
    *Two Guys, A Girl and A Pizza Place
    *Jason Biggs
    *Ja Rule
    *Felicity(tv show)
    *Clothing with flames
    *Frosted tips
    *The Attitude Era
    *Celebrity Deathmatch
    *The Nanny
    *Fred Durst
    *Tom Green
    *Ren & Stimpy
    *Beavis & Butthead
    *Walker: Texas Ranger
    *Korn
    *Reality TV
    *Blair Witch Project
    *Millionaire Game Shows
    *Hailey Joel Osment
    *The Olsen Twins
    *Austin Powers
    *The Attitude Era

I could go on, but these are some prime examples of things that only had a few certain good things going for them or were even downright terrible- but we loved anyway. It's only natural that people try to retroactively defend their choices but some were just shocking.

So it's not the best looking belt in the world - so what? Why are we concerned so much with the appearance of this belt? Does it make the holder look more legitimate? Does it make it harder for that certain section of fans to fap to? Or is it because now you have to go buy a new replica belt to complete your collection, even though you don't like the look of it? Get real - WWE's style has moved on even if your hasn't. Enjoy your camo cargo pants and backwards cap for as long as you want, just don't expect the rest of the world to be mired in the same time freeze.
    lol, so essentially what you're saying is people's choices or opinions dont count unless they match yours... Gotcha down.

I dont mind this title at all. I was never a fan of the spinner belt, but then again, I'm not a hip hop / rap fan so it never clicked with me. My favorite title was pre-attitude era. The belt that Bret, Diesel, Sid, Yokozuna, HBK, etc wore. Matter of fact, that belt became the piece of shit hardcore title in the Attitude era.

I actually disliked attitude era belts... Was never a fan of Stone Cold's Smoking Skull belt or the Rock's Brahma Bull belt.

I like it, especially the fact that the side plates are interchangeable. Also, due to the fact that anything is better then Cena's belt.

wrestlingsucks.net
    for all your random wrestling needs

I actually quite like it and the fact that each champion (i am presuming) can customise the side plates is a cool idea. Every new champion that is crowned we get to see their take on the belt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl View Post
    lol, so essentially what you're saying is people's choices or opinions dont count unless they match yours... Gotcha down.
    No, I'm saying people should grow up. I didn't say I liked it especially, I think it's pretty standard - so why would I need people to think the same thing? Please show me where I said that.

If people want to live in the past then that's fine but I will always get frustrated when people put forth the ridiculous opinion that things should stay the same forever. Oh that's not what the Attitude Era marks are saying? Then what are they saying? When you break it down, it's all about peoples inability to move on - build a damn bridge and get over it for jebus sake! Do I hate it when people get all bent out of shape about something as insignificant as a belt design? Damn right I do, because it's pointless and stupid. Meaningless.

Do we watch for the bling? The pyro? The outfits? I don't think so. But feel free to reinterpret this any which way you want

New WWE Title

So we have a new WWE title, I for one am thankful that the Spinner Belt is gone.

But a question occurs to me. Since there is no name plate on the new title to state who the champion is and just the logo's for the Brahma Bull, is this how it's going to be for every Champion?

Taped hands for CM Punk
    UCan't C Me for John Cena
    Celtic Cross for Sheamus
    Cheeseburger for Big Show
    Etc

Title.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cancron View Post
    So we have a new WWE title, I for one am thankful that the Spinner Belt is gone.

But a question occurs to me. Since there is no name plate on the new title to state who the champion is and just the logo's for the Brahma Bull, is this how it's going to be for every Champion?

Taped hands for CM Punk
    UCan't C Me for John Cena
    Celtic Cross for Sheamus
    Cheeseburger for Big Show
    Etc

Title.jpg
    I believe that is the idea going forward that all the champions will design and pick their own side plates to distinguish themselves as champion it might get tricky if someone without a logo etc. wins it.

Im not really a fan of this new belt, however I do like the idea of changing the sideplates to whoever is the current champion. This would be a smart idea for wweshop merchandisers to do, they could make a great deal of $$$ from people who would buy sideplates everytime a new champion was crowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    I believe that is the idea going forward that all the champions will design and pick their own side plates to distinguish themselves as champion it might get tricky if someone without a logo etc. wins it.
    They would probably stick the generic WWE logo side plates on it. For example:

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaiw...ail/W05070.jpg

That image seems much nicer than it did when I first saw it, but I actually like it anyway, it's like a traditional style mixed with a bit of modern contemporary shit.

Much better than the tacky spinner.