Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sorry to come across all IWC but...

Wrestlemania so far not really shaping up to grab my attention. Twice in a Lifetime doesn't appeal to me in the slightest and neither Del Rio or Swagger interest me greatly (although I'm willing to give Jack a little more time with the new direction his character is going. Certainly seemed a lot more intense at Elimination Chamber).

I know what I'm gonna get thrown at me: "Punk Mark!" and "Its all about buy rates, Rock and Cena will make a ton of money!" Maybe so, still doesn't appeal to me.

I just hope the rest of the card can fill the void the "main events" do. So far the rumoured matches:

HHH v Lesnar - make it a gimmick match like last man standing or if Brock wins, Heyman gets control of WWE, if HHH wins Vince stays in control and Heyman is fired, THEN it has my attention

CM Punk v Undertaker - I'm a Punk fan, would be cool to see Punk end the streak, but I can't see after him jobbing to The Rock two PPV's in a row. Regardless of the result I'd love to see these two go at it. They had a good feud when Punk was in his SES gimmick

Bryan v Kane - I see them losing the titles between now and Mania and feuding. I'd like to see it. They have great on screen chemistry and I'm sure they could have a 5 star match together

Cody Rhodes v Goldust - PLEASE make it happen WWE. Would be a feather in the cap for Cody and would be great to see these two go at it. Owen v Brett worked well, if built up right this could work too

That leaves a lot of top talent in limbo. The Shield, Ryback, Sheamus, Orton, Jericho, Ziggler (who will probably cash in that night), Big Show. Where will THEIR road to Wrestlemania lead?
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

I did no like the 1st Cena vs Rock, and I'm not really interested by the 2nd one.
    The match I'm really looking for is Del Rio vs Swagger because both are talented in ring performers so the match should be huge (I hope so), Triple H vs brock Lesnar should be good. I enjoyed the 1st one so if there's a 2nd, I'm interested. Cody vs Goldust could be interesting, I hope with Dusty Rhodes involved. Kane vs Daniel Bryan is definitely a match I would like to see, and at Wrestlemania it would put an end to their team & rivalry. Punk vs Taker will certainly be an OK match, but I'm not so much interested with it. I would prefre Punk vs Lesnar. And I can't wait for Ziggler to cash in on Swagger :-)

Some of the matches being rumoured are the second installment in the feuds

Cena vs. Rock 2nd Match
    HHH vs. Lesnar 2nd Match

Punk v Lesnar would be interesting, who would be face in it though? Can't see away way back for Punk with his actions over the past few months (especially mocking the King's heart attack!) Lesnar doesn't really scream "face" either. Be weird to have a heel vs heel match at Mania
    "INCE...INCE WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!"

Blog Entries
    Rock V Cena again doesn't interest me either, but the mass love it and that's all that matters.

Black Ninja!
    Battle royal.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

For the leftovers, I was thinking we'd get:

Ziggler vs Jericho
    Ryback vs Big Show (Although, Ryback vs Mark Henry could be awesome)
    Mark Henry vs Orton (Orton eliminated him at EC)

BUT, I'm curious where that leaves The Shield. These guys are, in my opinion, the best thing going on WWE TV right now. I'd hate for them to not get a match, but I also don't know if using up Ryback, Sheamus, and someone else for another 6 man match is the best utilization of talents.

Has anyone heard anything about a TLC/MITB match at Mania? Is that completely out of the question now that it's a gimmick PPV?

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Based on previous WM's... I would be surprised if the Shield got a match. I mean Bryan and Sheamus were scratched at WM27. They had an 18 second match at WM28. WWE typically reserves the WM PPV slots for their vets.

I'm really confused by Thwagger being in the WHC match. The WWE made him a jobber for almost a year, took him off TV for 9 months and now all the sudden we're supposed to believe he's a draw and main eventer? I'm a Thwagger fan, but this seems odd to me.

From what I've heard / read, there will not be a MITB match at WM. They want to keep that on a separate PPV.

I could definitely see a Tag Team Turmoil / Tag Team Tornado style match up with:
    Rhodes Scholars, Brodus & Tensai, Rey & Sin Cara, and some thrown together team like Miz & Kofi. That would get 8 guys on 1 PPV slot.

The money making match will be the Twice in a Lifetime Match between Cena & Rock.

I HOPE Taker is ready to go so we can see the Punk v Taker match. No way the streak is ended, but would still be great to see this one.

I am still waiting for the Randy Orton heel turn which doesnt seem likely. Would like to see Heel Orton v Sheamus.

I do want to see HHH v Lesner II.

Ryback v Show would be very interesting.

Based on how the WWE likes the vets taking up the slots, I'm not sure we would see a Cesaro match. I was thinking Cesaro v Jericho would be great.

Also have to find something to do with Wade Barrett and the IC Title.

If Kane & DB lose the title soon, that would be a great match.

I think we will see The Sheild vs Ryback/Sheamus and 1 other guy. Ending the feud at mania with Ryback getting his revenge on the Sheild would wrap things up nicely.