Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    Normal Member deadly56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England London
    Posts
    251
    Blog Entries
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I see your point, but this type of back and forth between closed minds really negates the entire point. If someone is dense enough to think that people coming in from an outside country is the reason that their life is so hard, they are usually the types of people who are too proud to take jobs that don't pay them what they think they are worth. These are also the same people who would bitch, piss, and moan about having to pay taxes to the country, yet have no idea just how hard life would be if they lived in a country outside of the U.S. Maybe it's just because I have been having this conversation a lot as of late with family members, but I don't think that following the rules and paying my taxes to the government is 'unfair' when one of the benefits I have of living in this country is that I have better jobs at my disposal that will pay me more than $2.20 for an hour of work.


    I guess it set me off because I hear that response so commonly; if you're not native American than you are a foreigner to the US. Do we honestly feel that Native Americans were the ONLY people to inhabit America before the beloved "white man" came to trade beads? Most of the tribes of Native Americans (especially those at Plymouth Rock) were indeed immigrants from another part of the world that happened to venture to that location. But because they were the first to come in contact with the "white man", apparently they cannot be called immigrants to this land and we are subject to ridicule for them getting to that location first.


    People can look at it three ways - Either we are ALL immigrants (all being absolute), an immigrant is someone who wasn't born in that specific location (meaning that if you were born in a hospital in that country, it is your home and native land), or home is where the heart is and you become a part of that land, adopting the cultures and trying your best to be a constructive citizen of where ever you choose to lay your head. I live in Texas and I can give a fuck less what people think about Mexicans and illegal immigrants; I have worked with and been friends with some illegal immigrants that were some of the most honest and hard working people I ever met, and I have worked alongside some of which I could care less to ever venture around. Race, gender, nationality, or religious beliefs do not determine if you should accept a person; their character does... For me at least


    *steps down from the soap box*

    Wooow, best speech I heard for a very long time. Darkside for mod!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Sorry SESA, wasn't trying to make it a directive towards you; just got on my high horse and had to rant.


    Yeah, we cool.


    Quote Originally Posted by Daveman101 View Post
    Let me put my story down and you let me know then.
    I myself identify with being 'Canadian' as I am from here as are my parents and their parents before them.
    On my mothers side, my lineage can easily be traced back to the Napoleon times where in fact we were very important people working under the little bastard.
    On my fathers side theres a lot of hit and miss on where and who we are. We know theres some viking lineage tied into Newfoundland as we have the same sizde and stature + a lot of th 'arian' looks, and also my great uncle was known as 'The Giant of the Rock' standing in at 7'6

    Anyways, I digress, I am Canadian. I have a nice mix of history behind me, that is at this point silly. I dont speak french, I am over 6' tall but am not built like a big bad viking. I am skinny as they come.

    So what do I say to people? I am a Canadian.
    It seems that you failed the realized I was merely pointing the point out, not trying to dispute anything. *points to point below*
    Quote Originally Posted by SESAfro View Post
    Yeah, trying to come up with opposing arguments talking about this specific topic is for naught. But what you said is true, and I'm not disputing that one bit.


  3. #23
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,268
    Blog Entries
    14
    It'll be absolutely hilarious to see what places give him a face reaction. Lol

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SkilletBoi View Post
    if it was a racist gimmick, he would've beat the crap out of Kofi after their match

    I don't think it is a racist gimmick, but your analogy is incorrect there is more to race than just color.




  5. #25
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    I don't think it is a racist gimmick, but your analogy is incorrect there is more to race than just color.
    but a gimmick is something that is so over-simplified that the 6-10 year old demo WWE is aiming for can get it, so yeah, racist Jack would have torn Kofi up, probably even called him "boy" while doing it.


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  6. #26
    I'm so happy my favorite wrestler in WWE, is going to main-event wrestlemania. He's great, and I hope he wins the World Title at WrestleMania.

  7. #27
    The WWE will never have an obviously racist gimmick. The closest thing to one was the feud between HHH and Booker T, and even then, all HHH would say was that 'someone like Boooker T doesn't deserve to be champion.' No slurs or suggestive themes were used then, and I doubt they will be used now. However, given the state of politcs in America right now, I can very easily see people on the left believing the storyline to be racist instead of xenophobic or jingoistic, especially considering that Vince and Linda are known Republicans.

  8. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,378
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly56 View Post
    Wooow, best speech I heard for a very long time. Darkside for mod!
    Let's not go that far! (my stuff is better)

  9. #29
    Has anyone said that Swagger could be hypnotized/Manipulated/Tricked by Zeb Colter? Seems way out of left field that this guy suddenly appears and all of a sudden swagger is chanting We The People? could be a cult type move for mine




  10. #30
    Black Ninja! Wade Barrett 1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pedestal of Superiority
    Posts
    15,861
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    Has anyone said that Swagger could be hypnotized/Manipulated/Tricked by Zeb Colter? Seems way out of left field that this guy suddenly appears and all of a sudden swagger is chanting We The People? could be a cult type move for mine
    Need to avoid the Flavour Aid then.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.