Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56
  1. #11
    Super Member jhorton1215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    640
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
    0x Relevant, 0x Over
    He may not be over with the IWC, but he gets great reactions from the live show crowds.

  2. #12
    You can say that Kofi is not a draw, but you can say that about a very large portion of the roster.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    You can say that Kofi is not a draw, but you can say that about a very large portion of the roster.
    to a loyal WWE fan, he could have the whole "underdog" thing going for him, which would make him a Rey Mysterio-esque drawer

  4. #14
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,407
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I think that guys like Kofi Kingston, Ted DiBiase, Drew McIntyre, and other "jobbers" could really do well with a cult like following group. I know the cult thing has been done to death, but I think with this twist it could do better. Get a manager who comes out during matches at first interrupting the match and asking the guys do they want better with their careers? He could play on their insecurities about their careers not going where they thought. I think if done right it could really work, but they would need a really good talker for this group. Someone who really could make you believe that he was a legitimate cult leader. What do you guys think?
    I have seen this gimmick before in the WWE. Kind of sounds AW-esk (Primo and Epico, later switched to the Prime Time Players).
    #TeamGeeky


  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have seen this gimmick before in the WWE. Kind of sounds AW-esk (Primo and Epico, later switched to the Prime Time Players).
    but at least it wasn't WWE's fault that didn't work

  6. #16
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,407
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    but at least it wasn't WWE's fault that didn't work
    I didn't say it was a bad gimmick. I liked AW, he was obnoxious.
    #TeamGeeky


  7. #17
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I didn't say it was a bad gimmick. I liked AW, he was obnoxious.
    Like your face

  8. #18
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,670
    Blog Entries
    5
    The point is this, most of these mid-carders/jobbers are where they are today because that's just the way it is. They can't draw, no one gives a shit about them and they can't break out of the pack. Managers won't work unless it's a total repackage to their character and having them beat main eventers won't work either. It gets them over, sure, but in the end, no one cares enough to keep the ball rolling and unfortunately, DiBiase and McIntyre fall in that category. Kingston? He could've probably become something if not for Orton but that's really all I can say right now out of the people in the OP's list.


  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    The point is this, most of these mid-carders/jobbers are where they are today because that's just the way it is. They can't draw, no one gives a shit about them and they can't break out of the pack. Managers won't work unless it's a total repackage to their character and having them beat main eventers won't work either. It gets them over, sure, but in the end, no one cares enough to keep the ball rolling and unfortunately, DiBiase and McIntyre fall in that category. Kingston? He could've probably become something if not for Orton but that's really all I can say right now out of the people in the OP's list.
    My list is just guys on the roster who came to mind. Also I think it would be assumed that the gimmick would change to fit the cult like group created.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!


  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Like your face


    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! What a got dang good one! Better though would have been, "Oh, so he's a lot like you then, Judging from the similar personalities I can totally see why you like him. "




    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.