Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Regal>Cena View Post
    How about as the swerve Cena doesn't make it to 'Mania? I was thinking the other day, he doesn't need it and they could still sell without him. You could have The Shield beat him down so badly at Elimination Chamber that he can't compete at Wrestlemania - I'm not sure I can ever remember a Rumble winner who was injured before Wrestlemania so it would be a big deal.

You could have Rock retain v Punk, but with Cena out they have to find a big alternative replacement; Brock Lesnar, who goes on to win the Title. Rock won't be sticking around, but seeing as Brock has signed a new 2 year deal then you could see him having at least a short run with the title.
    I think the chances of WWE doing a Wrestlemania without Cena are very slim to none. If Cena's legitimately fit to compete, then he'll be there and he'll have a match. Believe it or not, there's people out there who will buy Wrestlemania or buy tickets to it just to see John Cena.

Also, Lesnar's new 2 ear deal is the same as the one he's had this year. He'll make as many appearances in the following year and the one after that as he made during the past one. So him winning the title isn't really feasible either.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I think the chances of WWE doing a Wrestlemania without Cena are very slim to none. If Cena's legitimately fit to compete, then he'll be there and he'll have a match. Believe it or not, there's people out there who will buy Wrestlemania or buy tickets to it just to see John Cena.

Also, Lesnar's new 2 ear deal is the same as the one he's had this year. He'll make as many appearances in the following year and the one after that as he made during the past one. So him winning the title isn't really feasible either.
    I know, but you have to admit it would be one that nobody saw coming.

Except me, of course

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Regal>Cena View Post
    I know, but you have to admit it would be one that nobody saw coming.

Except me, of course
    True, but I think the chances of it happening are very unlikely to be honest. I mean Lesnar has worked about 30 dates or thereabouts for WWE this year? If his new deal means that he's going to work the same for the next 2 years, then WWE aren't going to waste a good bulk of those dates on a WWE title run, since that would require him being at most shows during his title run (like The Rock has been doing).

So with that in mind, the chances of Lesnar getting a title run are slim IMO. But as you say, anything's possible I guess.

I like the direction they are going with Lesnar and the I don't give a shit attitude ( all about the money win or lose ) attacking anyone he feels even old vinnie mac. If Lesnar is to sign another one year deal maybe later getting involved in the title down the road but for right now i like seeing him as this bulldozer don't fuck with me attitude i don't give a shit. I hope his match ups with big names througout the year if he signs are wins which would build him back up to headline maybe next years wrestlmania against the undertaker.

Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    If you go by the huge hints from the WWE, the probably predictable 'creative' style of the writers and the overall (no I don't speak for ALL of you, nor do I know what ALL of you think, so don't whine about this statement) feeling seems to be from the IWC. Rock will retain at the Elimination Chamber. He will go on to face Cena at Mania for Cena vs Rock II. Cena will win at Mania. Tying the two of them at one each, but Cena will have taken the title from Rock. Making it a semi-torch pass. Cena will have to retain for a few PPVs, he normally does. This give you about 6 months of the title picture. All ready sewn up.

But what if we're wrong? What if the E are playing us and that's not how it goes down? How much would we all enjoy a huge swerve? A proper old fashioned WTF moment. Something huge and unexpected.

Side note: I predict the Punk will win by disqualification and not win the title. (waits patiently for someone to try and correct him)
    If the Rock gets DQ'd/Counted out CM Punk wins the title as per last Raw's stipulation
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

I think if the Undertaker can't wrestle at Mania then it'll be a triple threat match between CM Punk vs the Rock vs John Cena
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I think if the Undertaker can't wrestle at Mania then it'll be a triple threat match between CM Punk vs the Rock vs John Cena
    This. I think it all depends on Taker. If Taker does wrestle, I think we'll get Punk vs. Taker. Rock vs Cena II. and Lesnar vs HHH.

If Taker does not wrestle - I just don't know. I'd think a Punk Lesnar feud centerered around Heyman would make sense, but where does HHH fit in? Lesnar almost killed him at Summerslam and his father-in-law a few weeks ago. They have unfinished biz for sure.

Throwing it out there
    : During Rock vs Punk, the lights go out. Everyone assumes its the Shield, until GONGGG. Lights back on - Rock Bottom for the win. It's not really DQ for the lights to turn off. Just because the Rock took advantage of it doesn't mean he cheated.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Uh...Punk vs Stone Cold anyone? But it won't be worth it unless SCSA can actually wrestle.
    And I know this probably won't happen, but I'd love a Punk vs HBK match.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares91 View Post
    Uh...Punk vs Stone Cold anyone? But it won't be worth it unless SCSA can actually wrestle.
    And I know this probably won't happen, but I'd love a Punk vs HBK match.
    IMO, if that match ever happens, then next year is the time to do it.
    SCSA himself has said that he's not recovered enough from his knee surgery to be able to wrestle at this year's Wrestlemania. I think if they're going to do it, then Wrestlemania 30 next year is the time to do it. I think beyond that, SCSA will be too old IMO. He'll be 49 by the time WM 30 comes around, so I think it's do the match then or never IMO.

By God, I would love to see Punk get screwed at EC and find some way to make it a triple threat match at Wrestlemania. Punk beating both Rock and Cena for the WWE title would be the ultimate swerve.