Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roman Reigns!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Anyone lamenting Reigns in the ring, on the mic or anything else, I have two words for ya: Ry Borg!

If Vince wants you to be huge and over, you'll be huge and over!

Honestly, people need to just give it time. I remember when people were saying that Rocky Maivia was the shits and would go nowhere. Now most are quick to label him in the top 5-10 of all time greats. Give Roman a chance to prove himself. If he's where he is at 3-5 years down the road, I might agree with some who are so willing to write him off so early in his run with the WWE by labeling him the next Batista.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Honestly, people need to just give it time. I remember when people were saying that Rocky Maivia was the shits and would go nowhere. Now most are quick to label him in the top 5-10 of all time greats. Give Roman a chance to prove himself. If he's where he is at 3-5 years down the road, I might agree with some who are so willing to write him off so early in his run with the WWE by labeling him the next Batista.
    It's all part of the instant gratification society that has been created, which is especially prevalent among those who worship at the alter of the AE but know of nothing outside of that.

It's all part of the instant gratification society that has been created, which is especially prevalent among those who worship at the alter of the AE but know of nothing outside of that.

Such truth. It amazes me that people will write off someone like Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston, and Alex Riley as being as having already peeked in their careers. Sure they are all in a position that many wouldn't want to be in, but has the glass ceiling really been lowered that far on top of them? All are young men who have talent enough to keep their jobs this far. When the time is right and they can find the right feud to be in, they will emerge and move up the ladder to the proper spot on the card. Acts like Mark Henry, Stunning Steve and MANY others *cough* Undertaker *cough* had to go through MANY transitions before they got to the top of the card.

But NO... If they aren't pushed to the top and involve in a feud for the WWE belt, then they are the shits. This mentality is a contributing factor as to why the midcard belts are held in such low regard. Everyone feels that if they aren't involved in the WWE title hunt, they are just enhancement talent.

DRG hates everyone

Such truth. It amazes me that people will write off someone like Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston, and Alex Riley as being as having already peeked in their careers. Sure they are all in a position that many wouldn't want to be in, but has the glass ceiling really been lowered that far on top of them? All are young men who have talent enough to keep their jobs this far. When the time is right and they can find the right feud to be in, they will emerge and move up the ladder to the proper spot on the card. Acts like Mark Henry, Stunning Steve and MANY others *cough* Undertaker *cough* had to go through MANY transitions before they got to the top of the card.

But NO... If they aren't pushed to the top and involve in a feud for the WWE belt, then they are the shits. This mentality is a contributing factor as to why the midcard belts are held in such low regard. Everyone feels that if they aren't involved in the WWE title hunt, they are just enhancement talent.
    Absolutely, I think professional wrestling is far out on it's own among both sports and entertainment offerings, wherein most of the actual problems lie not in the product itself but by the perception of those that watch the product.

Absolutely, I think professional wrestling is far out on it's own among both sports and entertainment offerings, wherein most of the actual problems lie not in the product itself but by the perception of those that watch the product.

Precisely; the over analytical fans are the one who tend the product the way that your friend who nitpicked the smallest shit can ruin an entire movie for you whereas had you watched the film for yourself, you would have been content with the 2 hours of your life you just spent. I like the position that the wrestling industry sits in. Are there things I am not fond of? Sure, but this is the way with most everything in life; from your position in the work place, to your relationships with common people in your reality. There is always room for improvement and when it improves in the way you had envisioned, it makes the gratification that much more joyous.

Side note - I am stuck on the "Fandango" gimmick now. Everyone keeps bashing it as being the death of young Curtis, but for some reason I am anxious to see this Dancing with the Stars reject gimmick debut.

DRG hates everyone

Precisely; the over analytical fans are the one who tend the product the way that your friend who nitpicked the smallest shit can ruin an entire movie for you whereas had you watched the film for yourself, you would have been content with the 2 hours of your life you just spent. I like the position that the wrestling industry sits in. Are there things I am not fond of? Sure, but this is the way with most everything in life; from your position in the work place, to your relationships with common people in your reality. There is always room for improvement and when it improves in the way you had envisioned, it makes the gratification that much more joyous.

Side note - I am stuck on the "Fandango" gimmick now. Everyone keeps bashing it as being the death of young Curtis, but for some reason I am anxious to see this Dancing with the Stars reject gimmick debut.
    Exactly, that's why I tend to take 99.99% of what is said with a pinch of very incredulous salt.

It's getting to Brodus Clay levels of impatience from me, with Fandango.

One of these days I'd love for them to keep showing these types of vignettes for years and years but never debut them.

Exactly, that's why I tend to take 99.99% of what is said with a pinch of very incredulous salt.

It's getting to Brodus Clay levels of impatience from me, with Fandango.

One of these days I'd love for them to keep showing these types of vignettes for years and years but never debut them.

I tend to take things at face value as well, but I do love me my chances to get into heated debate. I always manage to slip in a bit of logic, reality, and history that leaves the most bitter of fans shaking their head in anger as they agree that my point has the logic to make their opinions invalid. I guess it's that whole narcissistic side of me coming out.

I am genuinely excited for the Fandango debut. Not because I think it will be a revolution, but I want to see what Curtis does with it. Ziggler emerged from the Spirit Squad but it took him a bit of time to rebound to the upper level he currently sits on. This is more or less going to be a way for me to evaluate Curtis' talent and see what the kid can do when given a gimmick that virtually no wrestle would desire; will he be Johnny Flamingo who eventually morphs into the Raven character, or will he fall victim to being the next Bastion Booger of a wrestler?

And you idea would be brilliant. Yet another way for Trips to work the IWC over. Perhaps this is his plan with the WWE Anonymous CAM that seems to be the rage among the IWC this month.

DRG hates everyone

I would love to see Reigns interfere in Rock's match at WM, or atleast be involved in some capacity.