Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was very shocked by the things this guy was able to get away with saying. It is a different recipe for a heel presentation within the current realm of the World Wrestling Entertainment. Normally the age old shtick was to insult the audience as a whole. This guy clearly targeted the 'border jumpers'. I wonder if ole' Dutch will pop up more down the line outside of this one random appearance.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamModest

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Jack Swagger is about to be really great, now that he has a mouthpiece. I love it, the whole speech he gave was just perfect. Now I'm certain Swagger will win the Elimination Chamber and face Del Rio at Mania. I can see the whole racist all-american gimmick, vs Alberto Del Rio. It would be a great feud.

But regardless this should be great for Jack Swagger.
    Swagger winning the EC chamber match is logical for me so I agree with you

Great move for Jack. Great personality with Dutch. Swagger's about to get relevant again.

And the way they are promoting him his genius. This country is split in half right not by two extremest views and Jack and Zeb are pulling out the far right tea party angle. This will gain A LOT of heat in some areas and actual cheers in other parts.

Great timing for this great idea. Clap, clap, clap.

I'm waiting for them to change Swagger's name to Jack Hannity.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Nothing like some good 'ole racism to push someone as a heel

I think it's great. I've been a Swagger fan for years (and most of that time the only one there was.) I watched the promo and I myself was a little shocked by what Zeb was able to say but it definitely got them instantly over. The crowd responded with I think the original intent: stunned silence then boos. I think Swagger will win the EC match. It just makes logical sense.

There is no point in Ziggs chasing in at EC. If he does he will almost definitely have to wrestle Del Rio at Mania. Del Rio is to far over to blow the rematch on SD or Raw just to have him wrestle Jericho or Orton. Swagger/Del Rio seems like the best overall choice to garner interest and give a credible threat after defeating Big Show. I think people are interested in this new Jack Swagger more than Ziggler.
    List of Things I want to see happen in WWE: Will remove when they actually happen

[ ] Jack Swagger gets a legitimate push

[X] John Cena is beaten clean

[ ] Dolph Ziggler Leaves Vickie

[ ] William Regal becomes World Champion

[X] Cody Rhodes loses this mask

[ ] All of the Nexus members, barring Wade, get "Future Endeavored"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    Nothing like some good 'ole racism to push someone as a heel
    Xenophobia. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Xenophobia. There is a difference.
    but isn't being Xenophobic also being racist?

Fresh Member
    I really enjoyed Colter's promo. Was totally unexpected, and the way the what chants slowly turned into boos conveyed the surprise at what he was able to say! It certainly planted the seed for a Del Rio v Swagger WHC match or at least a feud between the two, although I wouldn't yet rule out Orton or Mark Henry from the title picture yet either, not forgetting Ziggler.
    Smell That!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    but isn't being Xenophobic also being racist?
    Nope.

Though the terms "racism" and "xenophobia" are used interchangeably, they don't mean the same thing. Racism is believing that a certain quality or trait about a race makes it either inferior or superior to another. Xenophobia, on the other hand, is fearing something that is unknown or unfamiliar.