Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WHC Picture from EC to Mania

The following contains Raw 2/11 Spoilers***

I think tonight's Raw gave us a handful of puzzle pieces to start seeing the WHC Title picture for Wrestlemania. I'll try to coherently and neatly break this down, first the facts, then the implications, ... bear with me:

1. They've acknowledged Dolph isn't finished with Jericho. It's why he wanted in the EC tonight.
    1A. Dolph lost to Kane. Therefore, Dolph won't get his hands on Y2J in the Chamber, so Mania is looking likely.
    2.. Jack Swagger basically cut an anti-immigration, ultra pro-America promo. He's essentially Del Rio's polar opposite at this point.
    2A. So they've introduced a storyline angle for Del Rio and Swagger, regardless of if the title is involved.
    3. Jericho is officially in the Chamber.
    4. Daniel Bryan and Kane are BOTH in the Chamber.

So here's how I think things logically play out heading to Mania.
    1. How does Dolph get his hands on Jericho? Ziggler cashes in on Del Rio at EC. If the WHC is what Jericho wants, Ziggler will take the initiative to go get it.
    2. With Del Rio out of the title picture, he's got a very game opponent with Swagger - storyline is already shaping up. I can see Ricardo and that bearded Vet dude going at it already.
    3. Jericho wins the Chamber.
    4. Bryan and Kane fight in the Chamber, one screws over the other, they fight at Mania.

If my theories hold true, the Mania picture for the guys currently involved in the WHC picture at EC would look as follows:
    Ziggler (c) vs Y2J
    Del Rio vs Swagger
    Bryan vs Kane
    Big Show vs ______
    Mark Henry vs Orton

All of this said, I could be completely wrong. Thoughts?

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Well first off great job my friend, I agree with you on almost every aspect except for one...and that is the Del Rio vs Swagger storyline I do think you are totally correct about this being an upcoming fued....I do believe Ziggler cashes in and Jericho will win the chamber and so on......I see Del Rio beating Big Show and as he is celebrating his victory I see Big Show blasting him with a WMD knockout punch and that's when Ziggler with cash in.....and either before or after that Jericho wins the chamber, but I am doubting that we will see a singles match with Swagger and Del Rio given Del Rio will have a rematch and that is the variable because he could get his rematch on Raw the next night or on Smackdown after the chamber ppv and then Swagger helping his old pal retain the Title he cost Del Rio setting up their feud for WM....or another option is the Chamber match ends controversially between Swagger and Jericho and maybe we see a Fatal 4 Way with Del Rio vs Ziggler vs Jericho vs Swagger, but that is just my point of view like I said I totally agree with you but I just had to throw a couple other options creative could go...so what do you think my friend...

The idea of a 4-Way at Mania would work quite well; I like the idea of two developing feuds in 1 match, and both Ziggler and Swagger could benefit from working with more experienced wrestlers like Jericho and Del Rio.

For me, Ziggler v Jericho isn't strong enough to headline Wrestlemania, nor Del Rio v Swagger, but together it would work nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Regal>Cena View Post
    The idea of a 4-Way at Mania would work quite well; I like the idea of two developing feuds in 1 match, and both Ziggler and Swagger could benefit from working with more experienced wrestlers like Jericho and Del Rio.

For me, Ziggler v Jericho isn't strong enough to headline Wrestlemania, nor Del Rio v Swagger, but together it would work nicely.

Sadly. I agree with this, I wish they were strong enough to headline but they aren't, That being said WM is packed heavy this year so I can't see why they wouldn't give them a 10 minute match for the WHC, Look at the last couple of WM WHC title matches.

The only thing about the original post is how are they going to get Del Rio and Swagger into a feud??? I don't want to just see Swagger taking him out because he is not American, Hell half the roster isn't America.
    "If the devil can't defeat me, cancer doesn't stand a chance in hell! Pray for sick children who face this horrible disease 'cause The Snake will be just fine."
    Get well soon Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Jessie J has nothing on her

Quote Originally Posted by TNA 'The very best' View Post
    Sadly. I agree with this, I wish they were strong enough to headline but they aren't, That being said WM is packed heavy this year so I can't see why they wouldn't give them a 10 minute match for the WHC, Look at the last couple of WM WHC title matches.

The only thing about the original post is how are they going to get Del Rio and Swagger into a feud??? I don't want to just see Swagger taking him out because he is not American, Hell half the roster isn't America.
    They have been making a big deal of Del Rio's Dad recently; you could have Swagger's new manager attack Mil Mascaras backstage to set up a feud. Or Ricardo Rodriguez; apparently Del Rio is now fond of him and his whole face turn has been down so sloppily that it wouldn't be THAT out of place.

Ziggler won't be champ any time before or at Wrestlemania, he'll have a post Mania cash in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Regal>Cena View Post

I think it's much stronger than last year's 18 second extravaganza between Bryan and Sheamus, which I didn't think was strong enough. At best though, they'd be the 4th biggest match on the card behind the WWE Title Match, Taker Match, and Lesnar/HHH match.

Quote Originally Posted by jhorton1215 View Post
    I think it's much stronger than last year's 18 second extravaganza between Bryan and Sheamus, which I didn't think was strong enough. At best though, they'd be the 4th biggest match on the card behind the WWE Title Match, Taker Match, and Lesnar/HHH match.
    That's a fair point, but the only way to bring credibility back to the title is to have strong characters competing in well written feuds; using two developing feuds would work reasonably well given that we are a fairly late stage to start booking these things.

The WHC ought to mean something still, and it just doesn't anymore. I'd like to see it treated with something approaching the same prestige as the WWE title, even though I know it will never be looked upon as strongly anymore.

Blog Entries
    Here's what I see happening:

• ADR retains the WHC against Big Show.
    • Ziggler will cash in to win the WHC after Big Show KO's ADR post match.
    • Jericho or Orton will win the Elimination Chamber match.
    • This leads to a Jericho/Orton vs Ziggler WHC match at Wrestlemania while ADR moves on to feud with Swagger. OR, It can lead to a 3 way match between Orton/Jerich vs Ziggler vs ADR.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Here's what I see happening:

• ADR retains the WHC against Big Show.
    • Ziggler will cash in to win the WHC after Big Show KO's ADR post match.
    • Jericho or Orton will win the Elimination Chamber match.
    • This leads to a Jericho/Orton vs Ziggler WHC match at Wrestlemania while ADR moves on to feud with Swagger. OR, It can lead to a 3 way match between Orton/Jerich vs Ziggler vs ADR.
    Morning Tommy. Valid points as always. I tend to lean towards Jericho fighting Ziggler (rather than Orton), only because they have already planted the seeds for it. It's clear after watching Raw that Ziggler has unfinished business with Jericho, he decided he wanted to enter the Chamber after learning Jericho was in it. They also drilled the fact that Jericho has been in more Chambers than anyone else, so it will seem legit when he wins. I think they are setting the stage for Y2J vs Ziggs at Mania. This also makes sense because Y2J has been notorious for putting over new talents, and Dolph could use the rub (a rub not from AJ).

ALSO, I know I am jumping to conclusions here, but I think Orton is a better fit for Mark Henry. The viscious-unstoppable-monster-ultra-heel Henry VS. the badass-coldblooded-ultra face Orton. Hell, this feud could really help Orton out. He was getting pinned clean by Cesaro a few weeks ago (although I agree Cesaro is a stud), a solid feud against the (IMO) coolest heel going in the WWE at the moment Henry, isn't a bad thing.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL