Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Rock vs John Cena III

I heard that WWE might have a rubber match at Summerslam between John Cena and The Rock. We already seen Rock beat Cena last year, and since its a title match we know Cena will win this year, so i guess it makes sense to do this and at least its not at another WM. So what do you guys think? Is this good or bad?
    I'm the best in the world, and you can rest in piece.

Blog Entries
    I've always been of the opinion that they'd do a best of 3 series out of Cena vs Rock.
    Given that IMO Cena will face Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30, then I guess that this is a big match for WWE to do at Summerslam this year.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I've always been of the opinion that they'd do a best of 3 series out of Cena vs Rock.
    Given that IMO Cena will face Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30, then I guess that this is a big match for WWE to do at Summerslam this year.
    I think you nailed it TT. The Rock and Cena feud will need a third match, but having a third match at mania would be silly. Summerslam is one of the big 4 PPV's not named Wrestlemania, so it seems like a very logical time to have this match IMO.
    #TeamGeeky

How do you know Cena will face Taker next year? It could be anyone. My vote is for Kane so they can retire together on the grandest stage of them all.

Blog Entries
    I don't think there needs to be a 3rd match - in fact I believe it would be detrimental, especially if Rock packs up his wagon and moves on forever after that. At one a piece the argument can always be made that so and so would win if we saw one more. However, a 3rd match puts out a definitive winner, thereby diminishing the loser forever in the history books. In the same way that too many sequels can just spoil a movie franchise (Rocky says hello/Die Hard is knocking too) the argument that more is better is hardly ever true. They would have to pull out an amazing story to sell it and who do you have winning it and why?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Undertaker View Post
    How do you know Cena will face Taker next year? It could be anyone. My vote is for Kane so they can retire together on the grandest stage of them all.
    *facepalm*

I didn't say that Cena will face Taker at Wrestlemania next year. I said that in my opinion he will. That means that I'm speculating. Nobody knows who will face who at next year's Wrestlemania.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

The Rock should win simply because Cena doesn't need the win and The Rock is obviously the better wrestler. Although I don't like that The Rock can come and go as he pleases, but theres no denying his great ring work. Cena can move on and not brag for years that he beat The Rock twice and Rock being the man he is will brag about it one day and move on to doing epic movies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    *facepalm*

I didn't say that Cena will face Taker at Wrestlemania next year. I said that in my opinion he will. That means that I'm speculating. Nobody knows who will face who at next year's Wrestlemania.
    Isn't this thread based on a speculation? I mean, we don't know for sure that the rock will even have the title at mania lol.
    #TeamGeeky

If (and when) Cena wins the title at WM, Rock will need a rematch no matter what, so it could happen at Extreme Rules, or even Raw

*facepalms*
    now I know what IMO means lol. Sorry i thought it meant something like that its a fact.