Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 172
  1. #121
    God el gabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    head and shoulders, no damn question about it.........Chris Jericho. I know he is great, but no one should ever say he is on the level of Rock/Austin.
    I was wondering who would be the one to utter these idiotic words. Jericho wrestled ALL OVER THE WORLD with the best of the best. Mexico, Canada, Germany, Japan, and the US. If there is any one wrestler alive that should not be mentioned on this thread, it's Jericho.

    I would also like to add that he wrestled in WCW during what I would think it was its peak, wrestling talent-wise. This was during the glory days of the Cruiserweight division and he managed to shine outside that division also.

    If you were referring to his mic skills, I think you're also wrong. RAW is Jericho, Junior, etc. were awesome catchphrases and he could definitely go back and forth against anyone.

    Not to mention he has reinvented himself time and time again. He has managed to change up his character.

    I could keep going...


    "I am not a NUGGET!"

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    In my opinion... His better than them...they are massively overrated, simply because they can whip up excitement in the crowd. Jericho can do that too. Then he out wrestles them...
    Jericho has never had the crowd in his hands like Rock and Austin. If Jericho heard you say he was in the same league as Austin and Rock.....he'd laugh at you. Jericho vs HBK WM19 isn't a top 4 main event? I got WM19 on DVD. No promo hyping the match happening. People consider HBK the best in ring performer of all-time. How can you be in the ring with Mr.Wrestlemania and not be a top 4 match if you are as good as Austin/Rock. Jericho is not in their league. If he was, he wouldn't have to go back to the midcards and winning the IC title. Austin/Rock never had to go battle and win the IC title after becoming main event talent. That is what seperates them. Jericho was in the midcard for so long after he won the undisputed title. After his HIAC match with HHH, he was an afterthought. Guys like Austin, Rock, Hogan, Flair, and HBK were not after thoughts. When they were on the show no matter who they faced......it was a main event match. WM20, advertised 7 main event matches, Jericho/Christian wasn't one of them. I could keep going, but do I really need to. You should know this. If he is as good as Austin or Rock, he wouldn't be facing the likes of Tomko, Christian, or IC title bouts over the IC title on ppvs.

  3. #123
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,478
    Blog Entries
    3
    I watched it and I think Jericho killed on the mic. The Rock is well overrated on the mic



  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by el gabo View Post
    I was wondering who would be the one to utter these idiotic words. Jericho wrestled ALL OVER THE WORLD with the best of the best. Mexico, Canada, Germany, Japan, and the US. If there is any one wrestler alive that should not be mentioned on this thread, it's Jericho.

    I would also like to add that he wrestled in WCW during what I would think it was its peak, wrestling talent-wise. This was during the glory days of the Cruiserweight division and he managed to shine outside that division also.

    If you were referring to his mic skills, I think you're also wrong. RAW is Jericho, Junior, etc. were awesome catchphrases and he could definitely go back and forth against anyone.

    Not to mention he has reinvented himself time and time again. He has managed to change up his character.

    I could keep going...
    So because he wrestled in x amount of different countries he doesn't belong on the over-rated list. He is over-rated because of people over-rating him. He is great and will certainly be in the HOF 1 day, but you should know that he isn't on the level of Austin/Rock. If all 3 of them went in to the HOF, who do you think would headline the ceremony? I certainly wouldn't pick Jericho. Which is the point yet again. How can you main event a WM with one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time like HHH. This isn't for the world or WWE title. This is for the undisputed title, in yet, people were less interested in that match. Why did Rock/Cena main event WM 28 and WM29 instead of Punk vs Jericho which was for the top prize in the biz? Jericho/Rock same level? I think not. Hell, Jericho and HHH admitted that shouldn't have been the main event of that WM even when the undisputed title was up for grabs. The same title that was formed of having both WCW and WWF title together.Rock vs Lesnar 2002 Summerslam main event. What did Jericho do for that Summerslam? I can't recall.....yet again the point.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I watched it and I think Jericho killed on the mic. The Rock is well overrated on the mic
    Rock is over-rated on the mic? You do realize the reason he got offers to do movies was because how well he could entertain on the mic. Why has Jericho not been a star in a movie? I'm certain he would have accepted if he was offered. He does all kinds of projects. Don't dare lie and claim he had no time because he has time to do books, VH1 among other things on his time off.

  6. #126
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,478
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    Rock is over-rated on the mic? You do realize the reason he got offers to do movies was because how well he could entertain on the mic. Why has Jericho not been a star in a movie? I'm certain he would have accepted if he was offered. He does all kinds of projects. Don't dare lie and claim he had no time because he has time to do books, VH1 among other things on his time off.
    Yeah he ad libs his movies. Honestly, for a Rock mark, you sure do talk a lot of shit. Your logic is flawed, your arguments are flawed and I think you better go visit the bathroom and address that bloodrush from your brain when you think about the Rock. I'll leave you with this FACT - the Rock, in ALL his promos in WWE ad libbed about 6 minutes in all the years he was on the mic. The rest was constantly regurgitated catchphrases. He never could think on his feet - a FACT that even Mick Foley highlights.

    I also think you are a bit overly fascinated by the movie world. It's hardly rocket science.



  7. #127
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,605
    Ahhh... There it is... I'll get back to you in an hour or so...
    ]

  8. #128
    God el gabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    So because he wrestled in x amount of different countries he doesn't belong on the over-rated list. He is over-rated because of people over-rating him. He is great and will certainly be in the HOF 1 day, but you should know that he isn't on the level of Austin/Rock. If all 3 of them went in to the HOF, who do you think would headline the ceremony? I certainly wouldn't pick Jericho. Which is the point yet again. How can you main event a WM with one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time like HHH. This isn't for the world or WWE title. This is for the undisputed title, in yet, people were less interested in that match. Why did Rock/Cena main event WM 28 and WM29 instead of Punk vs Jericho which was for the top prize in the biz? Jericho/Rock same level? I think not. Hell, Jericho and HHH admitted that shouldn't have been the main event of that WM even when the undisputed title was up for grabs. The same title that was formed of having both WCW and WWF title together.Rock vs Lesnar 2002 Summerslam main event. What did Jericho do for that Summerslam? I can't recall.....yet again the point.
    While we're at it, Austin and Rock weren't in Hogan's league.

    Look, I get it; Austin and Rock were huger stars, there's no disputing that, but to under appreciate Jericho the way you have is insane to me.

    When I mention Jericho traveling all over the world, I mean that he was able to wrestle so many different styles, I believe no other wrestler has. He wrestled so many great WRESTLERS, it's ridiculous I even have to mention them. Just his WCW days were so awesome: Rey, Malenko, Saturn, Juventud, Chavo, Benoit...

    Rock and Austin were groundbreaking on the mic and I won't argue their charisma, but Jericho held his own against both. Not saying he topped their catchphrases, but he did just fine.


    "I am not a NUGGET!"

  9. #129
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,478
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Ahhh... There it is... I'll get back to you in an hour or so...
    I know, my big words (more than 6 letters) give you a headache, don't they B Mac?



  10. #130
    God el gabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
    Rock is over-rated on the mic? You do realize the reason he got offers to do movies was because how well he could entertain on the mic. Why has Jericho not been a star in a movie? I'm certain he would have accepted if he was offered. He does all kinds of projects. Don't dare lie and claim he had no time because he has time to do books, VH1 among other things on his time off.
    Thanks for reminding me, he did VH1, and hosted the Golden God Awards on several occasions. I'd say he's achieved a bit.


    "I am not a NUGGET!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.