Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where does the US-championship belong?

If rumours are true and when the Intercontinental championship will be mainly on Main Event, every show from NXT, to Smackdown and RAW has his own championship; which leads to my question : what to do with the US-title?

I have the impression that both the IC and US title are getting kinda lost in the shuffle nowadays; even the Tag Team title doesn't feel as relevant anymore as a few months ago.

US-title to Saturday Morning Slam ? :-)

I think the Intercontinental and the United States Championship should both be featured on Main Event. Save the World Tag Team Championship and the Diva's Championship for Raw and Smackdown since they are on both shows now anyways.

PPV pre-shows.

Defense-wise anyways. The US title has, for whatever reason, never been considered as prestigous as the other 3, and dosen't even count towards the Triple Crown or the Grand Slam. If it's defended during an actual PPV, it's almost always last minute filler. The 30 minutes that airs online before the monthly PPV should be given solely to defending it.

Blog Entries
    With the Brand split pretty much over and being pretty much over for the last year or so now does it matter???
    They are mid-card titles....... or stepping stones... I feel both should be featured on any show WWE has in some way or some form... Be it Smackdown, Main Event, Raw, Superstars, or even at PPVs as they should be defended not over looked.... Esp at Wrestlemania!!!
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    PPV pre-shows.

Defense-wise anyways. The US title has, for whatever reason, never been considered as prestigous as the other 3, and dosen't even count towards the Triple Crown or the Grand Slam. If it's defended during an actual PPV, it's almost always last minute filler. The 30 minutes that airs online before the monthly PPV should be given solely to defending it.
    ^^^^
    I second this.

btw, love the sig

Blog Entries
    I'm annoyed at how people view the US title in a WWE-centric fashion and ignore the full history of the belt. It's been held by the likes of Ric Flair, Stan Hansen, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, Sting and Steve Austin. The list goes on. It's been around longer than the IC title and really doesn't get a fair rap I think because people associate it with being a WCW belt which instantly devalues anything to be associated with those initials.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it'll have a place in any relevant feuds or storylines at the moment. Such a shame, too. I remember when that title was actually a valued belt. The last time I remember anyone really giving a damn about that title was Zack Ryder. :S

Yeah, that belt actually had more prestige in WCW than it ever has in the WWE. When Goldberg won it during his streak, it was a lot like The Ultimate Warrior's IC Title run prior to winning the WWF Championship. I hope they dont make the IC title a Main Event belt. That would rob of us good title matches on RAW and SD.

The U.S TITLE can be placed with a greater appeal if it is used in the right way again... Now it is just for show and means nothing

It needs to be brought back to it's roots again and recaptured by the fans and not by the sake of a name... It has to mean something again
    LET ME REMIND SOCIETY THAT I AM A LEGEND. AND ALSO I AM THE ONLY TRUE ENTITY THAT CAN CROSS TWO DIMENSIONS, AND STILL BE RELEVANT ​AMONG MY PEERS

Put it in the trash. The U.S. title hasn't meant anything since Eddie was the first champion. Or at least change the design of the belt. Use a variation of the U.S. spinner(which was beautiful).