Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE: Monopoly

Normal Member

WWE: Monopoly

I made a thread in the past, which spoke about the implications of a hypothetical change of the WWE reverting back to the WWF. It was evident that this would not be the case due to the legal issues surrounding the topic, and that being the reason for the initial change of name for the company.

However this got me thinking of why the WWF was so controversial, edgy and on-the-edge-of-seat entertaining.

I feel the main thing that WWE is lacking today, is genuine competition. I feel as if the only reason there was such an "attitude era" that we all seem to love on here [or most of us] is because there was a reason for the WWF to prove they were the must see show every week. They needed to bring in fans of all backgrounds, genders and ages, because otherwise they may have gone bust and we might have seen a role reversal with the WWF taking the WCW path to death.

We can clearly see that in current times, the WWE no longer needs to innovate. This being the reasoning behind recycled storylines and "spots" *cough cough* Ring collapse *cough cough*. Because they don't need to think of anything new due to competition not being viable enough for wrestling fans to start purchasing more merch and tickets from them.

So IWC, what is your opinion on this?

True competition would have a greater impact on the talent not innovation. Story lines are always rehashed and always will be. Problem with no big comp is that good talent only has one true choice and for most that means few pushes and less control over themselves. With a big-time competitor young talent has a chance to progress and established stars can reform themselves by swapping to the competition. Ex Kevin Nash/chris jericho. With a big competitor you have a chance for the midcard talent of one brand to be the star of another brand.

I was hoping this thread was about the release of a new board game. I had my Platinum card out of my wallet and everything! #hopescrashed

Can I recommend Benylin.

Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    I was hoping this thread was about the release of a new board game. I had my Platinum card out of my wallet and everything! #hopescrashed
    Me too. A WWE Monopoly with all the locations being shows/arenas throughout the year. Someone make it happen!

Divas to believe in.

Rich Uncle Pennybags deserves a main-event push. You can tell he's really over with the kids.

well IF the reports are true about wwe trying to screw over tna by booking venues, we are not going to get big enough competition to make them improve their worthless product. It would nice though, but meh tna is better even if it is smaller

Quote Originally Posted by #BITW View Post
    well IF the reports are true about wwe trying to screw over tna by booking venues, we are not going to get big enough competition to make them improve their worthless product. It would nice though, but meh tna is better even if it is smaller
    Your sig sums up 90% of the IWC hahaha. Most anoying when they say someone sucks, and say one of the reasons is because they can't "Draw" which most of the time there wrong lol.

I will admit you caught me with that title i thought WWE had made a version of Monopoly!

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ewantu2 View Post
    Your sig sums up 90% of the IWC hahaha. Most anoying when they say someone sucks, and say one of the reasons is because they can't "Draw" which most of the time there wrong lol.
    I totally agree. Making money does not equate to being good. Is Selena Gomez a better musician than Steve Vai?