Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Cena

10 30.30%
  • The Rock

23 69.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whose the better wrestler John Cena or The Rock

Simple, everything aside in the ring, who do you guys think is the better wrestler, and you prefer to see in the ring.

For me, I'm not the biggest Cena fan, but I think John Cena is the better in-ring wrestler. I've always felt though John Cena may not have been as flashier than The Rock, he doesn't do kip ups, he doesn't get cheered by most of the crowd when he does his moves of doom. (they both have there own moves of doom, John Cena with his shoulder block, spinning side slam, 5 knuckle shuffle, The Attitude Adjustment, and the STFU, while The Rock didn't have 5 he had The Rock his spinebuster, or sometimes the Rock Bottom, than the People's elbow) I feel I've always enjoyed Cena's matches more but then again its my opinion.

Simple for me, but will get some frowns. Character and on the mic...The Rock by far.

In the ring, they are about even. They are both spot monkeys with moves that are not that hard to do. They both have a lot of charisma to make a firemans carry, fist drop, elbow, rock bottom look cool and get people on their feet.

They are really not that different.

All around I like the Rock better. He actually used to lose, plus the Heel Rock effing rules. One of the best heels ever.

Okat first let me say this, there's a difference between a set up move and cenas five moves of doom. A lot of superstars have always used setup moves. Main difference though is cenas is longer and usually hits it is say 8/10 and that's it, where as rock can hit his but a decent amount of time his finisher move gets countered. BTW he doesn't really have a set up move for rock bottom.

Now second hands down the rock. Have you ever seen cena do a belly to belly or German suplex? And didn't he recently botch a normal suplex orr something?

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Champion View Post
    Okat first let me say this, there's a difference between a set up move and cenas five moves of doom. A lot of superstars have always used setup moves. Main difference though is cenas is longer and usually hits it is say 8/10 and that's it, where as rock can hit his but a decent amount of time his finisher move gets countered. BTW he doesn't really have a set up move for rock bottom.

Now second hands down the rock. Have you ever seen cena do a belly to belly or German suplex? And didn't he recently botch a normal suplex orr something?
    I'm not disagreeing and you could be right, but I just want to point out Cena did do a middle rope pinning German suplex to CM Punk at one of last years PPVs.

Cena, simply because he has done suicide dives and hurricanranas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Champion View Post

There's Cena doing belly to belly here - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-moves/page/2

Your desperate attempt to differentiate 'setup' moves from any wrestlers 'go-to' moves is just as amusing as it is off base. Nice try though.

As much as I hate The Rock he is the better in ring competitor in my opinion. Mainly because of the iron man match vs HHH but also because Cena hates 2 states in the ring: 1) performing a basic move or 5 moves of doom move 2) looking like he's a gnat's pube away from a botch. Maybe it's his ring gear or just his build but Cena never looks comfortable outside of his rather narrow comfort zone. Don't get me wrong though, I'd rather Cena was champ and we had to watch 3 hours of him on Raw as opposed to Dwayne any day.

Divas to believe in.

Blog Entries
    For me is - they're both about the same. Like trying to pick between Road Dogg and HHH - they're both pretty average. Exciting on occasion - but still average. I think too many people confuse hype and excitement for talent

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    As much as I hate The Rock he is the better in ring competitor in my opinion. Mainly because of the iron man match vs HHH but also because Cena hates 2 states in the ring: 1) performing a basic move or 5 moves of doom move 2) looking like he's a gnat's pube away from a botch. Maybe it's his ring gear or just his build but Cena never looks comfortable outside of his rather narrow comfort zone. Don't get me wrong though, I'd rather Cena was champ and we had to watch 3 hours of him on Raw as opposed to Dwayne any day.
    I would probably also agree with you and add in that both are good enough to be carried in ring by a good performer and are very good at there own style of wrestling. Also if someone was going to take the title from Phil it might as well have been Dwayne and then Cena will take it at mania and you will get your wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Adreme View Post
    I would probably also agree with you and add in that both are good enough to be carried in ring by a good performer and are very good at there own style of wrestling. Also if someone was going to take the title from Phil it might as well have been Dwayne and then Cena will take it at mania and you will get your wish.
    Oh god no that's not my wish. I'd rather Cena filled a marquee role like he did last year, closing the show but not always the champion.

Divas to believe in.