Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Passing of the torch... Such an outdated concept... Something that should literally make no difference. But I guess you could say that Rocly is going to pass the torch on now... Too bad they are booking so he passes it to the only guy in the company that doesn't need his help.
    This is nothing new. They did it with Hogan/Andre, Hogan/Rock, and now Rock/Cena. Neither of the guys who got the torched pass to them needed the help.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWWEFan View Post
    This is nothing new. They did it with Hogan/Andre, Hogan/Rock, and now Rock/Cena. Neither of the guys who got the torched pass to them needed the help.
    Where do the battles between Chris Jericho and CM Punk fall in terms of "passing the torch"? Jericho makes him look like a million bucks, from the booze angle to that match on RAW this week. For me, that's what I call "passing the torch". It's not always the biggest guy from back then and the biggest guy now.

How about Alberto Del Rio and Big Show? Yeah, you could say that these two feuding is getting pretty old but the way that they're being written right now is really good. I think we missed out on a lot of that with Eddie and Chris dying, as they would've been either retired right now or on the twilight of their careers. Batista and Ryback would've been a behemoth match at a big PPV.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    Where do the battles between Chris Jericho and CM Punk fall in terms of "passing the torch"? Jericho makes him look like a million bucks, from the booze angle to that match on RAW this week. For me, that's what I call "passing the torch". It's not always the biggest guy from back then and the biggest guy now.

How about Alberto Del Rio and Big Show? Yeah, you could say that these two feuding is getting pretty old but the way that they're being written right now is really good. I think we missed out on a lot of that with Eddie and Chris dying, as they would've been either retired right now or on the twilight of their careers. Batista and Ryback would've been a behemoth match at a big PPV.
    And this is why it's a stupid concept...

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

I don't think it's a stupid concept, I just think there is no real chance for it now. The older stars have all moved on, or have gotten too broken down to do anything substantial(Some notable exceptions like the Rock, Brock Lesner, Batista, maybe). And the ones that are still in the game, get passed around in matches where they COULD 'pass the torch' so much that it doesn't really matter.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    WWE lost an incredible amount of talent during the 2000s that should've been around a lot longer to become torch-passers or top draws. The biggest one that I can name is Brock Lesnar. Can you imagine if he had never left? Kurt Angle should still be around if he didn't have so many neck problems. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit both had untimely deaths, and they were both in the solid main event picture when they died. Goldberg could've stuck around longer. I don't know how long Umaga would've been in the main event for but he was up there for awhile.
    this is so spot on . those guys were the top talents and never got to live up to their full potential ! the E would have been crazy different if these things didnt happen!
    Best Gimmick on NXT

What's there to say? The PG Era is the New Generation Era: Part II.

Most of the top stars and veterans have left the company, most of the newer guys aren't over with the fans, ratings are at an all-time low, and wrestling just isn't as popular as it used to be. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan might as well be the Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, minus the backstage bickering. They got over because it was DEMANDED that they get over - either by themselves or by the fans.

The PG generation will NEVER be as big as the Ruthless Aggression generation, just like the New generation was never as big as the Hulkamania generation. The next generation will probably outshine the current guys, like the Attitude era before it. History repeats itself.

Most people on here myself included were really spoilt by seeing the Attitude Era and todays show is nothing compared to it. Although i think WWE has changed i do really enjoy the independent circuits so i am content to see whats happening.

Everybody looking the same doesn't help. Most of the roster today are just 'pretty-boys in tiny pants', e.g. Miz, Cody Rhodes, Sandow, Orton, Kofi, Del Rio, Barratt, Sheamus, etc and to a lesser extent Punk. Seems the only ones allowed to have a unique outfit are Cena with his jean shorts and Kane because he had one in the Attitude Era

Also the matches aren't the same intensity as they used to be and the World Title means A LOT less. When it was the WWF title and constantly around the waist of either Austin, Rock or Triple H it seemed like the ultimate prize that everyone wanted but very few got. Now there are 2 apparently equal titles which have been handed around like candy in the past, they just don't have the wow-factor like the old one did. World title matches used to seem like wars with blood, chairshots, outside interference, fighting through the crowd, complicated finishes to keep the crowd guessing and wrestlers having to be helped from the ring at the end, now it's more like 'super-cena activate' - 5 moves of doom - 1,2,3 - too easy. It doesn't feel like they really earned it. I know you don't need blood to put on a good match but when you are trying to present someone as a tough and credible fighter and champion it certainly helps

There are alot of factors in this. Back then they didn't have social media, so the wrestlers I grew up watching had this mystery but also larger then life look to them. We didn't know nothing about them outside the ring. Also there were territories where they wrestled and learned to hone their skills. They had to learn to do their own promos, so they had to learn to sell their character. In WWF then, they had way more lean way for what they were allow to do. Today is way different, Vince bought up all the territories, so no place for these guys to learn. Promos are written for them, so they have to try and sell what is written. With social media, you realize they are just average joes, there are no mystery to them. They don't come off as larger then life. I don't hate the talent but alot of them can't cut a promo to save their lives, so they are bad at selling their characters. Most importantly, they don't build new stars, they keep relying on John Cena all the time. So from open cards, and mid cards are lost in the shuffle, they focus mainly on top stars. WWE?F use to have interesting stories where you were entertained all through the show. Today product is missing that.

TNA has the opposite effect, they have a lot of good young stars are are being pushed in the shadows for the bigger more establish stars, Mainly Hulk Hogan.