Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Miz Vs Punk

  1. #1
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,408
    Blog Entries
    10

    Miz Vs Punk

    According to the news section on this site The miz and Cm punk might be getting ready for a feud.
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...nk-vs-miz-feud
    At first thought, I was almost disgusted by the thought of this. Then I got thinking, You are putting two of the best workers of the mic in a feud against each other? This could lead to some epic promo's, and CM Punk seems to be able to get the most out of wrestlers who are not quite at his talent level. I think this might actually help to make the miz relevant again, while keeping Cm punk in title contention... What do you guys think of a possible Punk vs Miz feud?
    #TeamGeeky


  2. #2
    I just commented on this in the news section.

    It really makes no sense AT ALL why Punk and Miz haven't feuded with each other one-on-one yet. Even if it was just quick filler that ended after one PPV match, it needs to happen for the sake of getting it over with.

    On another note, I'm up for anything that gives a babyface Miz something to do besides hosting those god-awful Miz TV segments.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 02-09-2013 at 07:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,408
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    I just commented on this in the news section.

    It really makes no sense AT ALL why Punk and Miz haven't feuded with each other one-on-one yet. Even if it was just quick filler that ended after one PPV match, it needs to happen for the sake of getting it over with.

    On another note, I'm up for anything that gives a babyface Miz something to do besides hosting those god-awful Miz TV segments.
    HA, good point... that segment is getting stale fast.
    #TeamGeeky


  4. #4
    I can't see much wrong with this feud, in fact I think it could be a great fall back if Undertaker isn't working Wrestlemania. The Miz seemed to really up his game to main event vs Cena and, like Dennis said, Punk tends to get the best out of less talented opponents. My only concern is that I've seen The Miz crumble in front of great talkers in the past and if that happened it would ruin a potentially hot feud.


    Divas to believe in.

  5. #5
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,670
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I can't see much wrong with this feud, in fact I think it could be a great fall back if Undertaker isn't working Wrestlemania. The Miz seemed to really up his game to main event vs Cena and, like Dennis said, Punk tends to get the best out of less talented opponents. My only concern is that I've seen The Miz crumble in front of great talkers in the past and if that happened it would ruin a potentially hot feud.
    They had pretty sold chemistry when The Miz proposed that lie detector test to CM Punk. I wouldn't mind seeing it personally.


  6. #6
    Miz has great delivery, but the actual content of his promos is usually rubbish. So, yeah. I'm not sure any of this will really elevate Miz so much as it will just continue to reinforce what we already know Punk is capable of. But as already said, anything other than Miz TV is a step in the right direction.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  7. #7
    Love it, love everything about it

  8. #8
    Miz TV would be fine, if he wasn't so insistent on running it like a talk show on TV. I liked when he would interrupt the people constantly when they wanted to talk. Otherwise, Miz is great on the mic; shame his face-turn has fallen flat.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

    Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

    Winner of BotN[Seraphim]



    I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

     

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Miz TV would be fine, if he wasn't so insistent on running it like a talk show on TV. I liked when he would interrupt the people constantly when they wanted to talk. Otherwise, Miz is great on the mic; shame his face-turn has fallen flat.
    Miz TV is the main reason The Miz's face turn has fallen flat.

    The moment he became a face, the segment went into overkill and hasn't looked back. Del Rio's face turn has worked because creative has invested time in it to work. With Miz, they seem more concerned with making him a corny talk show host instead of an underdog the crowd can get behind.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 02-09-2013 at 09:20 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    Miz TV is the main reason The Miz's face turn has fallen flat.

    The moment he became a face, the segment went into overkill and hasn't looked back. Del Rio's face turn has worked because creative has invested time in it to work. With Miz, they seem more concerned with making him a corny talk show host instead of an underdog the crowd can get behind.
    Miz shoving Brock Lesnar may have been his defining moment. It all depends if that will be looked at as dumb, or if they focus on his bravery. However, i think it will be seen as another lesnar beatdown and nothing more.
    Send us someone, just don't send anyone you want back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.