Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    If they merged the IC and US, I would want to see a whole new name for the title.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    If they merged the IC and US, I would want to see a whole new name for the title.
    The Uni-Continental States of the Midcard Championship?

The X Division.....

oh wait!

The development has nothing for you championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
    The development has nothing for you championship?
    So Wade was right then?

Or would that be another set of tag-belts?
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    With Monday Night Raw being 3 hours now plus SmackDown, MainEvent & SuperStars, I actually think more belts are needed. There is plenty of talent on the roster not being utilized (& a whole lot of talented guys waiting in-the-wings in FCW & NXT), while MNR & SD are filled with silly segments & more rewinds & recaps than humanly necessary.

In the late 80's the NWA had these belts defended on their shows at any given time: NWA World Heavyweight Championship, U.S. Heavyweight Championship, World T.V. Championship, NWA World Tag-Team Championship, U.S. Tag-Team Championship, Florida Championship Wrestling Heavywieght Championship, UWF World Heavyweight Championship, UWF T.V. Championship, Western States Heritage Championship, 6-Man Tag Team Championship.......etc. Every wrestler & every belt weren't on every show. It wasn't necessary because of the various titles & storylines surrounding them allowed a myriad of different feuds to be developed & highlighted on any particular night.

Having all those belts also helped promote so many different guys into the spotlight. in 1988 in the NWA champions included the likes of Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Mike Rotundo, Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson, Midnight Express, Dr. Death Steve Williams, & Larry Zybysko. They feuded with guys like Lex Luger, Sting, Barry Windham, Nikita Koloff, the Road Warriors.....& the list goes on & on. The point is that without the litany of titles back then, I don't know how relevant some of those rivalries would have been.

With a slew of unhappy mid-card talent & a bored demographic desperatley in need of some sort of life-infusion within the product, more championships could produce that excitement. I'd love to see these belts:

WWE
    WHC
    United States
    Intercontinental
    T.V.
    World Tag Team
    U.S.Tag Team
    Cruiserweight
    I am Rebel Lion. Come, now....I shall set you free!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    You mean you don't give a damn about it right now with Cesaro?

It's definitely viewed as the 4th most prestigious title in the eyes of WWE management, however, I think Cesaro is doing a great job with it right now. I'd like to see it featured more prominently but I can't see it happening anytime soon.
    In fact, with Cesaro involved in this Intercontinental Cup, I wouldn't put it past WWE to unify both IC and US title.
    That's not really the point that I was trying to get across. It has less to do with Cesaro as champion and more with the title's treatment overall. See, the U.S. title is treated as an inconsequential prop, a measly trinket that's brought up the Justin Roberts or given a brief mention by the commentary team. The champion barely acknowledges it anymore and whenever a promo is cut by the champion, it seems to follow the same, scripted format:

"I am now the U.S. Champion. Many greats have held onto it and now, I'm going to be even better than them."

And if the champion has to defend his title, the build-up for that match is pretty bland. We usually won't get any thoughts from the challenger, what the title means to them and how they've always wanted to have it. U.S. title feuds seems to be about two guys who hate each other and the U.S. title just so happens to be on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom Menace View Post
    Put it in the trash. The U.S. title hasn't meant anything since Eddie was the first champion. Or at least change the design of the belt. Use a variation of the U.S. spinner(which was beautiful).

That's funny because I could have swore the first champion to the US Belt (post NWA Mid-Atlantic) was Harley Race back in 75...

Yeah, these comments are what Rob was talking about when he said...

I'm annoyed at how people view the US title in a WWE-centric fashion and ignore the full history of the belt. It's been held by the likes of Ric Flair, Stan Hansen, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, Sting and Steve Austin. The list goes on. It's been around longer than the IC title and really doesn't get a fair rap I think because people associate it with being a WCW belt which instantly devalues anything to be associated with those initials.
    so I fully see where Rob is coming from on the whole thing with WCW belts. People would rather focus on WCW as the "brand that took on my beloved WWE" rather than see the NWA and the history involved with the Association as a whole.

So what should the WWE opt for?

Here are some titles ('borrowed' from other promotions of course) ideas

The "Braveheart" Title - (2AW)
    The "World Middleweight" Title - (CMLL)
    The "Global Crown Openweight" Title (NOAH) *sorry to the NOAH fans but I removed the 'hardcore' because WWE is against that shit*
    The "Breakthrough" Title - (GSW)
    The "International Heavyweight" Title - (IWA)
    The "Middleweight" Title - (NWA) *history back to Octavio Gaona and Tarzan Lopez in the late 30's/early 40's*
    The "Unified World Wrestling" Title - (wXw)
    The "International" Title - (WCW)
    The "Pure" Title - (ROH)

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    The Interplanetary Title?

The Continental Title?

The Oceanic Title?

The Australian Title!

The Interplanetary Title?

The Continental Title?

The Oceanic Title?

The Australian Title!
    This was a valid title at one point

http://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.p...les&titel=1104

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone