Fresh Member
    Blog Entries

Exclamation 30 minute booking challenge I: Time Machine Wrestling take one!

its been a while since I posted in the be the booker section, I gave up trying to transcribe my UWA notes because of problems with my course and time constraints. Though I thought I might as well put up the other stuff I do the 30 minute booker challenge...basically choose a moment in a promotion that went either horribly wrong or was successful, or something you think could have been done better, or in this case draft a roster of wrestlers past, present and dead and make a promotion out of them. In each case you got complete control over the rosters and booking and do whatever you want. You take ten minutes to decide what you might do in your head, then take thirty minutes and write it all down going into as much detail as you like and try to put as much as possible or to one big event.

I've done this plenty of times when I've been bored somewhere and I've had a go at re-booking the invasion, TNA after Bischoff/Hogan, WCW and ECW at the end, but I thought for the first one I'd write out what I did on my most recent go, which was take a roster of 30 wrestlers 5 dead, 10 of today, 10 of the past at times when they were at their best and 5 wild card picks and book a fantasy promotion called TIME MACHINE WRESTLING. I decided I want this promotion to be like classic wrestler with long feuds, gritty and realistical storylines and slightly like ROH today.

THE ROSTER:

1. Dead #1: CHRIS BENOIT (of course with a different end)
    2. Dead #2: EDDIE GUERRERO
    3. Dead #3: 'DR DEATH' STEVE WILLIAMS
    4. Dead #4: OWEN HART
    5. Dead #5: 'BRITISH BULLDOG' DAVID SMITH
    6. Now #1: AJ STYLES
    7. Now #2: CHRISTOPHER DANIELS
    8. Now #3: CM PUNK
    9. Now#4: BRYAN DANIELSON
    10. Now #5: CHRIS SABIN
    11. Now #6: ALEX SHELLEY
    12. Now #7: KURT ANGLE
    13. Now #8: CHRISTIAN
    14. Now #9: EDGE
    15. Now #10: SAMOA JOE
    16. Prime #1: RIC FLAIR
    17. Prime #2 RICKY STEAMBOAT
    18. Prime #3: BOOKER T
    19. Prime #4: RVD
    20. Prime #5: BRET HART
    21. Prime #6: LANCE STORM
    22. Prime #7: ARN ANDERSON
    23. Prime #8: OLE ANDERSON
    24. Prime #9: STING
    25. Prime #10: RODDY PIPER
    26. WILD CARD #1: (Dead) CURT HENING
    27. Wild Card #2: (now) JOHNNY MORRISON
    28. Wild card #3: (now) AUSTIN ARIES
    29. WIld card #4: (now) RODERICK STRONG
    30. Wild Card #5: (prime) REY MYSTERIO

I'll map out the road to crowning the promotions first world champion. The promotion would have a weekly TV spot but I won't really focus on it. The first three months will be a tournament, each round taking place at each month's PPV. There's 4 rounds, 16 wrestlers. The first world champion will be crowned at the third PPV.

PPV 1: The Road Begins (all matches 1st round of tournament):
    1) Guerrero (face) V Mysterio (face). EDDIE WINS.
    2) Hening (heel) V Williams (face). DR DEATH WINS.
    3) Bret Hart (face) V David Smith (heel). HART WINS.
    4) Styles (face) V Daniels (face). STYLES WINS.
    5) Angle (face) V Edge (heel). ANGEL WINS>
    6) Benoit (face) V Danielson (face). BENOIT WINS.
    7) Joe (heel) V Sting (face). JOE WINS.
    8) Steamboat (face) V Flair (heel). FLAIR WINS.

PPV #2: Style V Flair:

1) Edge/Christian V The Anderson's. ANDERSON'S WIN.
    2) QF: ANGLE V JOE. ANGLE WINS.
    3) MORRISON V ARIES V STRONG. MORRISON WINS.
    4) QF: GUERRERO V BENOIT. BENOIT WINS.
    5) MCMG's V BOOKER T/RVD. MCMG's WIN
    6) QF: BRET HART V STEVE WILLIAMS. BRET HART WINS.
    7) CM PUNK V CHRISTOPHER DANIELS. PUNK WINS.
    8) QF: FLAIR V STYLES. FLAIR WINS>

PPV 3: Rise of the WOLVERINE:

1) SF: FLAIR V HART. FLAIR WINS.
    2) MYSTERIO V DANIELS. DANIELS WINS.
    3) SF: BENOIT V ANGLE. BENOIT WINS.
    4) GURERRERO V STYLES. STYLES WINS.
    5) MCMG'S V EDGE AND CHRISTIAN V ARIES/STRONG V THE ANDERSONS. EDGE AND CHRISTIAN WIN
    6) OWEN HART AND DAVID SMITH V STEVE WILLIAMS AND STING. DR DEATH AND STING WINS.
    7) NO 1 CONTENDER: BRET HART V KURT ANGLE. ANGLE WINS AND WILL FACE GET A TITLE SHOT NEXT MONTH.
    8) WORLD TITLE MATCH: FLAIR V BENOIT. BENOIT WINS A TIGHT MATCH.
    PM: celebrations, even Flair gives it up to him. Eddie and Rey come out and celebrate with him. Flair leaves but Angle stares on from ramp.

After this I got as far as finishing off a big WRESTLEMANIA STYLE CARD FOR PPV #16. I wrote out where the storylines would be going for most of the lockeroom then I'll focus on the world title.

1) GUERRERO v STYLES and DANIELS v MYSTERIO will happen for a few months and eventually become GUERRERO/ MYSTERIO V DANIELS and STYLES.
    2) CM Punk V Bryan Danielson will go on for 6 months.
    3) TAG DIVISION AND TITLES: have interlocking fueds between following teams: EDGE/CHRISTIAN, MCMG's, The ANDERSON's, ARIES and STRONG, with other tag teams involed at times like HENING/MORRISON, DANIELS/STYLES, MYSTERIO/GUERRERO and even one month ANGLE/BENIOT. as for the title Edge/Christian will be the first champs but their swap it between them with MCMG's twice before the big PPV #16.
    4) STING V PIPER will build into a one year fued to end at the BIG PPV, same with STEAMBOAT V RVD.
    5) OWEN HART and SMITH will torment DR DEATH for a while then JOE enters the picture and feuds with DR DEATH until the big PPV.
    6) Hening will take Morrison under his wing as an apprenicate and they fued with Booker T for a year.

WORLD TITLE picture:
    BENOIT will be a fighting champion and he will feud with ANGLE for around six months. He beats Angle clean in first two ppv's but angle beats Beniot non-title after and gets another shot and loses. Flair then challenges Benoit be the man and they have a match on PPV but angle keeps interefering and won't let it go on until he's allowed a shot. this becomes a triple threat match and then Beniot makes Angle tap to the cross-face. Angle, full blown heel just can't believe what he did and attacks Benoit at any chance he gets and says he has to make Benoit tap. this leads to first a hardcore match then a cage which Benoit wins both barely but Angle refuses to let anyone else have a shot, so the feud ends with an ultimate submission match which Benoit wins 1-0.

After Angle goes to fued with FLAIR and BRET HART challenges for the title BENOIT wins the first match then in the next ppv, in Benoit's home town, Bret has the sharpshooter locked in but Beniot gets to the ropes. Owen and S
    mith come out and the next time Benoit gets to the ropes Owen gets on the ramp to distract the ref, but Bret doesnt relase and he can't see Smith. Benoit has the ropes again but Smith hits him with the belt. He releases the rope, Bret drags him to the centre and Beniot's KO'd. The ref calls for the bell and goes to hand Bret the belt when offical come out and tell him what happened. Bret's DQ'd. Owen and Smith go for Benoit and Bret clears house. He helps Benoit up. Next month's PPV main event is Bret and Benoit V Smith and Owen with Bret and Beniot going over. Next month they have a rematch. As Owen and Smith come out at the end GUERRERO and DANIELSON (now after finishing with Punk and has been looking to Benoit as his idol for help and such) cut them off and bet them down. Benoit hits a flying headbut gets up and we see Eddie grabbing him and saying something to him. When both men are up they fight. Bret looks to hit a suplex but Beniot punches him and takes him down into a small package for the win. PM, Bret's KO'd. We see Beniot gives something to Eddie and its brass knuckles. EDDIE and BRYAN pose with BENOIT who then puts BRET in the sharpshooter until Flair comes out and clears house.

On TV Benoit turns heel with Eddie and Danielson his friends forming an alliance to help him, Eddie because Chris is his best friend and because Eddie wants the newly created US title which Styles has and Danielson because Benoit is his idol and he'd do anything for him. Mysterio tries to help them by saying what they have become and such and leads to a two month feud where Beniot beats Mysterio twice in title matches and Eddie the month after puts Mysterio on the shelf and beats Styles for the US title.

At the same time Bret and Flair are feuding but both want Benoit and Flair wants to team with bret to take on Benoit but given their history Bret doesn't trust him. After a few matches they agree to work together. Three months before the big PPV it's announced there will be a war games match, Team Benoit V Team Flair and Hart. Flair and Hart recruit Styles and Christopher Daniels as their partners but Daniels turns and joins Benoit saying its better to be at the side of the devil and so and so...although Mysterio comes back and takes the final place in Team Flair/Hart.

Also the world title will be on the line in this PPV, whoever scores the pin also wins the world title, adding some drama to tensions in both teams, especially between Eddie/Chris/ Danielson, as well as Flair/Bret.

Big PPV: probably #16

1) Morrison/Hening V Booker T/Lance Storm. Morrison/Hening win
    2) CM Punk V Kurt Angle. ANGLE WINS
    3) STING V Roddy Piper. Piper wins.
    4) Ricky Steamboat V RVD. Steamboat wins.
    5) Dr Death V Samoe Joe. Hardcore match. Joe wins.
    6) War games style tag match for the tag titles: Edge and Christian (c) V MCMG's V the Anderson's V Aries/Strong. Edge and Christian retain.
    7) War games, world title on the line too: Team Benoit (Benoit (c), Guerrero, Danielson, Daniels) V Team Flair/Hart (Flair, Hart, Styles and Mysterio). TEAM FLAIR wins, FLAIR pins BENOIT after Styles hits a clash and he low blows Styles and steals the win.

Hope you enjoyed this. feel free to comment and try the 30 minute booking challenge the next time your bored.