Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
  1. #31
    1.) How do we go from Christian to CM Punk? I'm sorry, but those guys are nothing alike. They don't look similar, they don't have a similar gimmick, and hell they have complete different personalities. The problem is that Punk has gotten to big and so now it is uncool to like CM Punk, also known as the John Cena affect. People can not seem to really support the top guy anymore in wrestling. If Dolph gets to Punk and Cena's level I guarantee a majority of people are going to turn on him as well. That's just my two cents into the the CM Punk topic.

    2.) Christian's mic work has always been good, but his problem is his size. It isn't his look or gimmick it's his size. Edge stands at about 6'6" if I'm not mistaken, while Christian is approximately 6'2". That is a major gap in height. I think Christian is a very underrated performer for WWE and I never thought he should've left TNA.

    3.) For the original topic of should Christian get another run at a major title? The answer is no. Christian's time has come and gone and he should be focused on putting over younger talent. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing him either put over Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett, or Brad Maddox. Christian should be primarily used as someone who will feud with up and comers and give them the rub or compete in the tag team division to help revive/rebuild it.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!


  2. #32
    I think Christian is good enough. He was able to become popular during the attitude era when there were so many great wrestlers. The problem is Vince didn't see himas a star, main reason I think is his size. Vince has a fetish for big bodies. My biggest issue with Christian when he was fueding with Orton was, WWE turned Christian into another whiney heel. If they let be the Christian he was back in the day, it would of been better. Christian use to always come up with schemes to screw someone over. Far as Chrisitian injuries, of coarse he will suffer alot of injuries, look how any tlc matches he did, ladder matches, etc etc. Even during his fued with Orton, who was taking all the hard hits.....it wasn't Orton.

  3. #33
    The answer to the main question is yes, he is good enough to carry the WHC or the WWE title. Christian is one of the very few wrestlers who can work as either a face or a heel. His in-ring work is comparable to (if not better than) Ziggler, Jericho, and Punk. He puts on an entertaining, believeable match with anyone he's in the ring with whether it be a Sheamus or a Rey Mysterio...how many other wrestlers can make that claim? Now to chime in on a subject brought up earlier (cant remember who, im sorry), Christian was castrated by that belt drop to Orton...He had the "WWE universe" in his corner and two days, TWO DAYS!!!!! after WrestleMania he drops to Orton?!?! In summary, Christian can and should be a great champion but it comes down to one thing. Its the same thing that ruins so many careers and chances....booking.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by AOF666 View Post
    I think Christian is good enough. He was able to become popular during the attitude era when there were so many great wrestlers. The problem is Vince didn't see himas a star, main reason I think is his size. Vince has a fetish for big bodies. My biggest issue with Christian when he was fueding with Orton was, WWE turned Christian into another whiney heel. If they let be the Christian he was back in the day, it would of been better. Christian use to always come up with schemes to screw someone over. Far as Chrisitian injuries, of coarse he will suffer alot of injuries, look how any tlc matches he did, ladder matches, etc etc. Even during his fued with Orton, who was taking all the hard hits.....it wasn't Orton.
    There were ALOT of popular mid-carders during the Attitude Era, and many of them were more popular than Christian, starting with his own tag team partner, Edge. The guy was nothing special then, and he's nothing special now. Just an okay talent to have on the roster.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 02-07-2013 at 08:54 AM.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    1.) How do we go from Christian to CM Punk? I'm sorry, but those guys are nothing alike. They don't look similar, they don't have a similar gimmick, and hell they have complete different personalities. The problem is that Punk has gotten to big and so now it is uncool to like CM Punk, also known as the John Cena affect. People can not seem to really support the top guy anymore in wrestling. If Dolph gets to Punk and Cena's level I guarantee a majority of people are going to turn on him as well. That's just my two cents into the the CM Punk topic.

    2.) Christian's mic work has always been good, but his problem is his size. It isn't his look or gimmick it's his size. Edge stands at about 6'6" if I'm not mistaken, while Christian is approximately 6'2". That is a major gap in height. I think Christian is a very underrated performer for WWE and I never thought he should've left TNA.

    3.) For the original topic of should Christian get another run at a major title? The answer is no. Christian's time has come and gone and he should be focused on putting over younger talent. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing him either put over Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett, or Brad Maddox. Christian should be primarily used as someone who will feud with up and comers and give them the rub or compete in the tag team division to help revive/rebuild it.
    I disagree with the bolded. When did it become uncool to like CM Punk? He's still one of my favourites and i also know a lot of people that love him aswell? The majority of the IWC are still fans of him too arent they?
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    That's Awesome...I think you just stomped the nuts of the entire IWC with this comment. A thing of beauty.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by bcfccalum View Post
    I disagree with the bolded. When did it become uncool to like CM Punk? He's still one of my favourites and i also know a lot of people that love him aswell? The majority of the IWC are still fans of him too arent they?
    I've never been a big fan of the guy myself, but it's the truth. Most Internet fans BLINDLY worship CM Punk almost as badly as the casual fans do with John Cena.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 02-07-2013 at 09:09 AM.

  7. #37
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,449
    Blog Entries
    10
    Ok, quick things to say to other notable statements in this thread. Punk and Christian don't look alike? Are we being serious here? They are both great performers who are just slightly smaller than the 6'2" 220 pound wrestlers that vince so dearly loves... And they both were overlooked for quite a while...

    Also, Are we seriously still talking about christian being a coattail rider to edge? This is 2013 guys, not 2003. Christian is a hall of famer yes in part because of his work with edge, but are you guys really going to say that edge isn't a hall of famer because some of his work with christian? If so, I don't even know what to say to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by redblade0 View Post
    Lets all forget TNA. That's a different environment. The reason why titles get dumped on superstars is because the younger guys of yesterday (Christian being one of them) didn't deliver. Anyone who thinks that Edge's retirement and Christian push are just a mere coincidence are kidding themselves.
    This is what's wrong with WWE fans in general, we tend to just want to ignore other promotions. The fact that christian, when given a chance on a big stage level like tna thrived under the pressure of being a MAJOR face in tna shouldn't be overlooked. If anything TNA made WWE realize that they could put the title on Christian.

    Also, the younger guys of yesterday didn't perform and that's why sheamus got a title after 2 months? Are we really using that as an argument? First I'm pretty sure if I remember right that Christian was fighting for the WHC with randy orton when sheamus won his first wwe title... Also, Sheamus beat JOHN CENA for the belt... Cena didn't have to drop the belt, it's not like sheamus brought attitude era like ratings, which did happen when Edge was WWE champion. The reason people like sheamus win the title so early in their career is because they are vince's type of guys... Sheamus is 6'6" 267 pounds he actually out sizes John Cena, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, etc etc etc... I have no problem with vince pushing the guys who beat his 6'2" 220 pound idea of a superstar, but don't say the reason is because christian under performed because that's just silly.
    #BeJelly


  8. #38
    I think it's fairly simple. He's just not good enough. I don't think the casual fan really cares about Christian. Honestly after a while even I stopped caring about Christian. I think his matches are good, I think he has a way with the mic to get people to like or hate him but it's for a limited amount of time.

    A lot of people have compared Punk to Christian in this discussion and i just think that's silly. Punk's delivery on the mic is just head and shoulders better than Christian. For example I think if both were given the same exact paragraph to read by creative and couldn't deviate from it Punk's promo will sound more engaging. Think me wrong if you'd like but ALL of Punk's mic work, not even counting his 434 Title Reign, has been amazing. Christian not so much.

    I think Christian is a great ring worker but we have all know that doesn't guarantee you championships or a spot on the card. It's how people react to you and no matter how much creative has tried the casual fan won't buy Christian as a Main Eventer. I think that ship has sailed for him.
    List of Things I want to see happen in WWE: Will remove when they actually happen

    [ ] Jack Swagger gets a legitimate push

    [X] John Cena is beaten clean

    [ ] Dolph Ziggler Leaves Vickie

    [ ] William Regal becomes World Champion

    [X] Cody Rhodes loses this mask

    [ ] All of the Nexus members, barring Wade, get "Future Endeavored"

  9. #39
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    717
    I actually prefer Christian as the whiney / weasel heel. The WWE could push him at the main event level much like they did HBK back in the mid-90s. Stick him with a legit body guard (like they are doing with Dolph now). This would make his title run(s) more believable.




  10. #40
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,293
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    1.) How do we go from Christian to CM Punk? I'm sorry, but those guys are nothing alike. They don't look similar, they don't have a similar gimmick, and hell they have complete different personalities. The problem is that Punk has gotten to big and so now it is uncool to like CM Punk, also known as the John Cena affect. People can not seem to really support the top guy anymore in wrestling. If Dolph gets to Punk and Cena's level I guarantee a majority of people are going to turn on him as well. That's just my two cents into the the CM Punk topic.

    2.) Christian's mic work has always been good, but his problem is his size. It isn't his look or gimmick it's his size. Edge stands at about 6'6" if I'm not mistaken, while Christian is approximately 6'2". That is a major gap in height. I think Christian is a very underrated performer for WWE and I never thought he should've left TNA.

    3.) For the original topic of should Christian get another run at a major title? The answer is no. Christian's time has come and gone and he should be focused on putting over younger talent. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing him either put over Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett, or Brad Maddox. Christian should be primarily used as someone who will feud with up and comers and give them the rub or compete in the tag team division to help revive/rebuild it.
    If you can't see it, I can't help you. Really, how ridiculously narrow is your vision? They have to look like each other now? Fuck me dead.



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.