Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Pretty much everything you said about Christian can be applied to CM Punk too. Except that Punk is given much more of a free reign on the mic - Christian can match Punk there if given a chance. Particularly your description of his heel and face personas is exactly like Punk.
    Spot on. I could say one advantage Punk has though, is that his personality is more "heelish" than Christian.

    G
    GMU - UTID!
     
    2012 - 2nd!

  2. #12
    My honest opinion on Christian being good enough? No he is not good enough to be WHC or WWE Champ. I'm sorry for saying this, because they are a lot of people on this site who love him, but he's just not main event material for the WWE. He has the curse of Owen Hart and Chavo Guerrero. He will always be held up to the standards of Edge much like Chavo is to Eddie and Owen was to Bret.

    Nothing personal and Idk why this is the way it is, but it is.

    Christian was great in TNA IMO, because he got to be his own person and away from the shadow of Edge.



  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It certainly appears this way but it doesn't negate the fact that Christian A)deserved it and B)was likely going to get that push anyway at some stage. I'm sure he was pegged to feud with Edge for the belt until the inevitable happened and Edge was forced into retirement.
    Sure he deserved it. But for me it felt like he only deserved it for being there for so long. He wasn't consistently in Main event matches. If anyone thought Christian vs Edge for the WHC was a good idea they would've done a program with those two years ago. I remember watching a Raw after the WWE draft where Edge was drafted to Raw, and they had him face Christian. Neither the crowd or the commentators pegged it as a big deal.

  4. #14
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,418
    Blog Entries
    3
    So greatly is Punk cut from the same cloth as Christian, means Captain Charisma is fairly redundant in WWE. Why do they need him when they have Punk who has taken up the mantle so well? Sadly, they don't seem to feel pressed into utilising him as well as possible. One of the most negative aspects of lack of brand division is the knock on effect of having only one massive stage instead of two to work from

  5. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Richardson, TX
    Posts
    710
    The biggest and most glaring problem for Christian is that Vince doesnt find him as a believable Champion. That's it. On the mic he's great. His wit is fantastic. His in ring technique is spot on. Just that Vince doesnt see him as a main eventer... which sucks.




  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mt. Olympus
    Posts
    326
    Blog Entries
    1
    The reason his promos, so you claim, sound so much like the other wrestlers is because the same small bunch of people are writing them for everyone, and unless you're extremely high in the pecking order, you are given very little slack as far as spicing things up on your own. And because you are considered a low priority, not much thought is put into coming up with something creative or clever for you to say.

    Don't kill the messenger. Your beef is really with the writing and booking team, as it is with a lot of stuff I see on forums, with the performers getting unjustly blamed.
    --Stately

    visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm


  7. #17
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,082
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think Christian is good enough to be a main event star in WWE. I don't think he has much value as a main event heel these days, if his last heel run is anything to go by that is. But as a face, he is very over, and he does have god mic skills. He's also sound in the ring despite being a pretty small-ish guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by imswm View Post
    The reason his promos, so you claim, sound so much like the other wrestlers is because the same small bunch of people are writing them for everyone, and unless you're extremely high in the pecking order, you are given very little slack as far as spicing things up on your own. And because you are considered a low priority, not much thought is put into coming up with something creative or clever for you to say.

    Don't kill the messenger. Your beef is really with the writing and booking team, as it is with a lot of stuff I see on forums, with the performers getting unjustly blamed.
    The bolded is very true.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    So greatly is Punk cut from the same cloth as Christian, means Captain Charisma is fairly redundant in WWE. Why do they need him when they have Punk who has taken up the mantle so well? Sadly, they don't seem to feel pressed into utilising him as well as possible. One of the most negative aspects of lack of brand division is the knock on effect of having only one massive stage instead of two to work from
    The only issue I have with your assessment is if that was really the case why isn't Christian WWE champion. He was here first. If anything Punk should at a disadvantage. I think it all comes down to the look. Christian seems like the kind of guy you'd see doing an office job. Punk is the kind of guy you'd see alone in an alleyway just staring at a knife. He seems more like a sociopath so him being p****d off all the time is fitting. (It's the reason I hated his face turn, the guy just screams antisocial). Christian seems like the guy who would deal with his issues in a more calm and rationale manner, so when he does go on a rampage it seems less like him being angry and more like him being goofy.

  9. #19
    Then it should come down to the delivery of the promo. Take Brad Maddox for example. His mic work may not be that great, but when he presents it seems like it's Brad Maddox and not just another wrestler. Remember all wrestlers are in the same boat so if guys can rise above the pecking order why can't Christian.

  10. #20
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,418
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by redblade0 View Post
    The only issue I have with your assessment is if that was really the case why isn't Christian WWE champion. He was here first. If anything Punk should at a disadvantage. I think it all comes down to the look. Christian seems like the kind of guy you'd see doing an office job. Punk is the kind of guy you'd see alone in an alleyway just staring at a knife. He seems more like a sociopath so him being p****d off all the time is fitting. (It's the reason I hated his face turn, the guy just screams antisocial). Christian seems like the guy who would deal with his issues in a more calm and rationale manner, so when he does go on a rampage it seems less like him being angry and more like him being goofy.
    Fan perception eh? It's still given to the typical social judgements of everyday life. Lol, I bet in real life Punk rescues kittens and shit. Also, you never really see stories on the news about the guy you'd suspect doing some fucked up shit (you DO but not as often) it's usually the guy next door looking fella who gets caught sticking it to the local kiddies or shooting up a mall or some equally horrible shit.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.