Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1

    Is Christian good enough?

    Christian is a two time WHC. A lot of people waited for him to finally win the title. Then when he did win the title, he lost it on the following edition of Smackdown. He would, however, eventually win the title back at MITB in a feud against Orton, where he played both the heel and face. When Christian returns do you think he should have another WHC run? I say no. It felt like the title was given to him only as a thank you to Edge. In my opinion Christian has the same issues that many WWE superstars today (like Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, and Jack Swagger for example) have. It feels like he's always playing it safe.His mic work for example is very bland. His promos seem to be the same rehashed promo most superstars use (Face: Everynight I come out here I do it for all of you. Heel: I don't need any of you people. I'm better then all the guys in the back but I'm being held back), he acts in the cliche manner (Pandering to the crowds as a face. As a heel being the coward who gets angry when he loses), and there's nothing different or special in the way he delivers his promos.

    Another issue is physically, his stature isn't that impressive. Wrestlers often overcome this by either being spot monkeys or having amazing mic skills. I can understand a lot of fans getting angry with this thread, but take off your rose tinted glasses for a second. If Christian wasn't a veteran and was instead new superstar, would you really care about him? If so sound off below I'd like to hear why people are fans of his, and why people believe he deserves to be WHC again.

  2. #2
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,092
    Blog Entries
    5
    Pretty much everything you said about Christian can be applied to CM Punk too. Except that Punk is given much more of a free reign on the mic - Christian can match Punk there if given a chance. Particularly your description of his heel and face personas is exactly like Punk.


  3. #3
    TNA proved how great Christian could be.

  4. #4
    I remember Christian on the mic back when he had free reign, Christian can be up there with Jericho and Punk, he has a varied selection of moves the only thing I dont like about him is his finisher.

    I have been a Christian mark ever since he showed up as Edge's "Evil" brother, won the light weight title.

    Yes I think Christian should have another title run, but I'm not bothered if he doesn't, Mr Perfect didn't have a reign at the top and I'd still have him down as one of the greatest of all time

  5. #5
    I agree with the Punk aspect, but the thing that saves Punk is his delivery. It seems raw and real. A lot of people give praise how great Punks title reign was but it never picked up steam imo until he began to face Ryback. Only at that point did the title seem at risk and the number of days began to matter. Punk also shows an aggressive side at times, when he's a heel, and does deviate from being just another generic guy. Take his pipebombs promo against the Rock for example. But most of Punks reign was very lackluster.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWorldOrder View Post
    TNA proved how great Christian could be.
    TNA and WWE are two different environments. TNA had a choatic playground feel where, as a veteran, he stood out. In WWE he just kinds of blends into the background.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Pretty much everything you said about Christian can be applied to CM Punk too. Except that Punk is given much more of a free reign on the mic - Christian can match Punk there if given a chance. Particularly your description of his heel and face personas is exactly like Punk.
    This!

    Is Christian was given those opportunities it would be him facing The Rock.
     

  8. #8
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,391
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by redblade0 View Post
    Christian is a two time WHC. A lot of people waited for him to finally win the title. Then when he did win the title, he lost it on the following edition of Smackdown. He would, however, eventually win the title back at MITB in a feud against Orton, where he played both the heel and face. When Christian returns do you think he should have another WHC run? I say no. It felt like the title was given to him only as a thank you to Edge. In my opinion Christian has the same issues that many WWE superstars today (like Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, and Jack Swagger for example) have. It feels like he's always playing it safe.His mic work for example is very bland. His promos seem to be the same rehashed promo most superstars use (Face: Everynight I come out here I do it for all of you. Heel: I don't need any of you people. I'm better then all the guys in the back but I'm being held back), he acts in the cliche manner (Pandering to the crowds as a face. As a heel being the coward who gets angry when he loses), and there's nothing different or special in the way he delivers his promos.

    Another issue is physically, his stature isn't that impressive. Wrestlers often overcome this by either being spot monkeys or having amazing mic skills. I can understand a lot of fans getting angry with this thread, but take off your rose tinted glasses for a second. If Christian wasn't a veteran and was instead new superstar, would you really care about him? If so sound off below I'd like to hear why people are fans of his, and why people believe he deserves to be WHC again.
    I disagree with the bolded statement with so much that it's almost unbelievable. Christian is a great face, he's a great heel, and he puts on a show in every type of match. If you don't think he can drop a good promo watch christian cage talk in tna... WWE for some reason never gave edge and christian the respect they deserved when they were younger, and both men fought their way to the top, unlike many superstars of today. (Sheamus had the title with in like 2 months) Christian is a hall of famer, he deserves another run IMO.
    #TeamGeeky


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I disagree with the bolded statement with so much that it's almost unbelievable. Christian is a great face, he's a great heel, and he puts on a show in every type of match. If you don't think he can drop a good promo watch christian cage talk in tna... WWE for some reason never gave edge and christian the respect they deserved when they were younger, and both men fought their way to the top, unlike many superstars of today. (Sheamus had the title with in like 2 months) Christian is a hall of famer, he deserves another run IMO.
    Lets all forget TNA. That's a different environment. The reason why titles get dumped on superstars is because the younger guys of yesterday (Christian being one of them) didn't deliver. Anyone who thinks that Edge's retirement and Christian push are just a mere coincidence are kidding themselves.

  10. #10
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,092
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by redblade0 View Post
    Lets all forget TNA. That's a different environment. The reason why titles get dumped on superstars is because the younger guys of yesterday (Christian being one of them) didn't deliver. Anyone who thinks that Edge's retirement and Christian push are just a mere coincidence are kidding themselves.
    It certainly appears this way but it doesn't negate the fact that Christian A)deserved it and B)was likely going to get that push anyway at some stage. I'm sure he was pegged to feud with Edge for the belt until the inevitable happened and Edge was forced into retirement.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.