Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shelley's too good for the WWE midcard, he has too much charisma to be stuck in a filler role. But he doesn't fit the mould for their main event. As much as I want to see more Shelley on TV I don't think WWE is the way

Loved the MCMG in TNA. Took a break from TNA when they got injured (one after the other). Stopped completely when they left. I always felt Shelly was too good for the role they had him in. He should have gotten the Aries push. I'm not the type for WWE pairings, but I think he would do well with being associated with Y2J, he always seemed to be that type of worker. A small, charismatic, high flyer. But with no free reign on the mic I don't think he'd ever get past the Kofi level and would probably be a jobber.

Blog Entries
    WWE has made it pretty clear their prime focus is on finding big men, just like it's no secret they are still going for looks over athleticism in the Diva division, despite what a failure that approach has been for years.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Quote Originally Posted by imswm View Post
    WWE has made it pretty clear their prime focus is on finding big men, just like it's no secret they are still going for looks over athleticism in the Diva division, despite what a failure that approach has been for years.
    Have you read about there past tryouts Adam Cole, Luke Hawx, and Samuray Del Sol are hardly big men.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Have you read about there past tryouts Adam Cole, Luke Hawx, and Samuray Del Sol are hardly big men.
    Totally agree with you. If you look at the developmental system currently there's a lot of small to mid size guys on the roster. Not too many big guys. Conor, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan are the three big guys that are fairly close to getting a call up anytime soon.

The thing is WWE has so much power and $$$ they can sign just about whoever they want but not use them properly. They can sign them and just have them on the roster and not use them. It's happening right now with a lot of guys. I remember a few years ago they kept Charlie Haas under contract for a long time just so TNA, ROH wouldn't get him.

Quote Originally Posted by imswm View Post
    That was there old stance on hiring talent it changes nearly every month. They are signing smaller guys that can wrestle now.

this would be horrible. i would love to see mcmg back in tna because just like el generico they would change them and make them pathetic! i hope they were on xplosion but i doubt it . it would be all over this sight and every other wrestling news sight
    Best Gimmick on NXT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Sure, they have smaller workers in the system, but that certainly doesn't mean they'll make it onto the main roster, a VERY large leap. And massive guys get far more latitude when it comes to not producing and being kept in the fold with hopes they'll catch on under another gimmick (did someone just say "Feed me more"?) or being bereft of much talent beyond being large, e.g. Khali. One would have to suspect Dolph Z would be much harder pushed by now if he were a bit taller and more filled-out; and Drew McIntyre would have been endeavored quite some time ago if he were 6'2" and 230 lbs.

Look at all the forum threads wherein some recent development had fans crowing about the return of the Cruiserweight division and subsequent push of it, only to have that never come to fruition. For the record, I am NOT endorsing WWE's policy.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm