Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The High Point of John Cena and Randy Orton passed?

OK. This thread's about asking you all at what point did Cena and Orton reach their high point and when they lost their steam in WWE where it didn't feel forced, like the WrestleMania 29 victory of John Cena over the Rock as we all know is happening. Now, we all felt it back in 2011 some time after CM Punk totally owned John Cena on the mic, that Superman's momentum has passed.

Now, to me, their High Points were their rivalry back in 2009, Randy Orton and John Cena both fought in the WWE and World title matches, the night Cena won his, and Orton lost, then a month later at Back Lash, John Cena lost the World Title where Orton regained his. Now, WrestleMania 25 was a decent event, then Orton finished his rivalry with HHH and Cena finished his long time rivalry with Edge and then moved on to defeat Big Show. Thus the rivalry began again for the "Rock/Austin" of the new generation.

Started at Summer Slam then extended to Breaing Point's "I Quit" match, then onto the brutal Hell in a Cell, which finally culminated in the 60-minute Iron man match. which Cena was the over all victor. Now, John Cena and Randy Orton's rivalry didn't seem too big to me, and I often wondered, since they fought at Summer Slam in 2007, then again in 2009, were they gonna do what Austin/Rock did for WM and fight at Summer Slam 2011? Then it hit me, they didn't have t, because there rivalry is done, and if their blood feud is finished, then what's left for them?

So over the span of 2009 was the hieght of their careers, Cena's pushes are getting really really old, I mean, faster than usual and I am getting super tired of them, and it feels everyone else is, maybe Cena's victory over Rock at WrestleMania's gonna be the last thing he needs to do. What else does he need to prove? That's the absolute last of his energy and steam, his superman momentum has faded and lost everything it had back 4 years ago. And we all know Orton has nothing left to fight for anyway, he lost to Cena, he won his world title in 2004, he's now a semi-main eventer who will never taste the main spot ever again.

Now, we make way for CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, (probably not Roman Reigns), Kofi Kingston, The Miz(sadly), Wade Barrett, Sheamus(sad but true), and the next few big indy anmes waiting in the side lines, just waiting for their moment. Hogan lasted for only 10 years, Austin/Rock lost their steam after 10 years, Cena's time is done. His time is up, and who;s time will it be next year?

Cena and Orton's High Points and Beginning of their Ends.
    (And who ever else you believe's time's are up)and while you're at it, who's time is it to be the next face of WWE?

Blog Entries
    And to this I say, take comfort, fore the pain is almost done. Soon, we will rest finally after Cena and Orton are done.

I actually disagree. I'm sure we'll see a few more Randy Orton world title reigns before it's over.

I think that this Cena reign at WM 29 might be his last.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanb1306 View Post
    I actually disagree. I'm sure we'll see a few more Randy Orton world title reigns before it's over.

I think that this Cena reign at WM 29 might be his last.
    OH, yeah. I guess I was thinking more about John Cena, but Randy really doesn't have much to his career of height after that, World Title run against Christian, was probably the only thing since. But yeah, Randy does have a few more runs left in him. Where John Cena is meeting his end. I guess we are gonna see Randy become the next big name who is simply waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBison View Post
    And to this I say, take comfort, fore the pain is almost done. Soon, we will rest finally after Cena and Orton are done.
    Here have a clutch at these

Blog Entries
    Randy Orton is only 32. I highly doubt that we've seen the end of him as far as world championships go.

John Cena is only 35. I'm of the opinion that he's got at least 5 more years left in him. I'll be damned if he doesn't win a few more world titles.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Here have a clutch at these

1st of all, good one. lol.

Yeah, that's how I kinda feel after expressing this, but I truly believe Cena's gotten boring and even the fans are getting tired of his repetitive promos. After beating Rock, what does he have left? Undertaker? And after beating HHH, HBK, Batista, (and soon Rock), he will be stuck in an ugly place if he challenges the streak at WrestleMania. If he ends the streak, fans will really riot(probably not literally,) and go nuts atleast, but if he loses to an old man with a bad back, then he will only show how phony he is after showing off his strength all these years. Holding back in huge match is an insult to anyone who stepped in the ring, and I know it's wrestling, everyone's gotta hold back at some point to get others over, but Cena makes it too obvious.

Orton has few years left, but like I said, Austin/Rock went after 10 years, due to movie career and a bad neck, and Hogan left for a "sweeter deal" from WcW, all around a decade each. Cena;s celebrating 10 years, and I am feeling his time is almost up, you can;t remain on top forever. Undertaker remained for 2 decades, but he wasn't the face of the company, and basically an insult to him Cena and Orton have more World title runs than him. They are young, they have everything going for them, they have no injuries(Austin), they are not interested in moving to another company(Hogan), they have no movie careers that they have to leave for(Rock); They are not going anywhere, but does WWE expect the fans to sit through these guys for another 5 years or even decades without giving the other guys the main event spot? really? I'd back off if Cena actually was put back a bit and not main event as much to allow the other guys to ascend the ranks, but if Cena in the spot light goes on for another decade, then I feel anyone will be interested by time he celebrates the 20th year. Undertaker had a better decorated career, and he didn't need mega star power blown up his ass by the billion dollar company and forced in our faces for 20 years. He maintained that streak because of his work. Cena has worked hard, but seriously throwing all the attitude era guys at him for every PPV wasn't the best thing to do. He has many years left and many fueds, but let's face it, he defeated the big names and proved he can, but from now on, all he's gonna be doing is burying all these young guys, no matter how much a threat they become.

That's where I am coming from. I sincerely hope it isn't the end of Orton anytime soon, because haven't felt his story yet, all Cena.

The problem is that Cena has been pushed too high, and is pretty much a full time special attraction now. Ever since The Rock came back and started working with Cena, everything else that Cena does comes off as filler, and seemingly only serves to kill time until Cena's next program with The Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBison View Post
    1st of all, good one. lol.

Yeah, that's how I kinda feel after expressing this, but I truly believe Cena's gotten boring and even the fans are getting tired of his repetitive promos. After beating Rock, what does he have left? Undertaker? And after beating HHH, HBK, Batista, (and soon Rock), he will be stuck in an ugly place if he challenges the streak at WrestleMania. If he ends the streak, fans will really riot(probably not literally,) and go nuts atleast, but if he loses to an old man with a bad back, then he will only show how phony he is after showing off his strength all these years. Holding back in huge match is an insult to anyone who stepped in the ring, and I know it's wrestling, everyone's gotta hold back at some point to get others over, but Cena makes it too obvious.

Orton has few years left, but like I said, Austin/Rock went after 10 years, due to movie career and a bad neck, and Hogan left for a "sweeter deal" from WcW, all around a decade each. Cena;s celebrating 10 years, and I am feeling his time is almost up, you can;t remain on top forever. Undertaker remained for 2 decades, but he wasn't the face of the company, and basically an insult to him Cena and Orton have more World title runs than him. They are young, they have everything going for them, they have no injuries(Austin), they are not interested in moving to another company(Hogan), they have no movie careers that they have to leave for(Rock); They are not going anywhere, but does WWE expect the fans to sit through these guys for another 5 years or even decades without giving the other guys the main event spot? really? I'd back off if Cena actually was put back a bit and not main event as much to allow the other guys to ascend the ranks, but if Cena in the spot light goes on for another decade, then I feel anyone will be interested by time he celebrates the 20th year. Undertaker had a better decorated career, and he didn't need mega star power blown up his ass by the billion dollar company and forced in our faces for 20 years. He maintained that streak because of his work. Cena has worked hard, but seriously throwing all the attitude era guys at him for every PPV wasn't the best thing to do. He has many years left and many fueds, but let's face it, he defeated the big names and proved he can, but from now on, all he's gonna be doing is burying all these young guys, no matter how much a threat they become.

That's where I am coming from. I sincerely hope it isn't the end of Orton anytime soon, because haven't felt his story yet, all Cena.
    I know what you're trying to say but while Cena generates them $110m a year, he's not going anywhere. Also as I try to make people here aware time and time again, the drive by IWC is a very small portion of their viewer ship so no matter now much we bleat, there is enough of their core audience that still love Orton and Cena enough and buy enough of their merch for them to be kept on top.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I know what you're trying to say but while Cena generates them $110m a year, he's not going anywhere. Also as I try to make people here aware time and time again, the drive by IWC is a very small portion of their viewer ship so no matter now much we bleat, there is enough of their core audience that still love Orton and Cena enough and buy enough of their merch for them to be kept on top.
    I know WWE will always try and push them to the moon no matter what, but it is no longer up to them to keep on top, the best they can do soon is keep them afloat, they hit their peak already, Cena has no one to fight except to bury everyone else. Like I said about Randy Orton, he still has potential, becaus ehe hasn't reached his "Cena" level of filling his potential.