Blog Entries

UFC 154 - Spoiler Talk

So, as we all know, this was GSP's big comeback from injury. What did we all see?

To me, I actually saw GSP trying for a finish. Carlos Condit, to his eternal credit, put up one hell of a fight - specifically from his back. If the fight could have been judged by the work a guy did in a defensive position, Condit was a big winner. I totally rate CC as one of the very best welterweights around now.

GSP got another decision win and he's lucky to have that. But in true GSP style, he came back from a shot that would have seen lesser fighters crying in their dressing rooms. Such is the make up of this man - this champion.

Will we see GSP vs Anderson Silva? Maybe. If GSP had won more convincingly, then it might have very well been announced tonight. As it was, he really did eke this one out. One single turn from the bottom could have given Carlos the victory. It was still a convincing victory - but only just.

In other news - that Hendricks knockout was bloody superb!

Thoughts?

GSP vs Silva isn't going to happen.
    Jones vs Silva might though.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    GSP vs Silva isn't going to happen.
    Jones vs Silva might though.
    Silva doesn't want to face Jones or fight in another division again.Jones has no intentions to face Silva.GSP wants a shot for the middleweight title

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Silva doesn't want to face Jones or fight in another division again.Jones has no intentions to face Silva.GSP wants a shot for the middleweight title
    Really? That would be a really stupid decision, if he wanted that. Silva is much bigger than him, but maybe he just wants to see if he can control Silva with wrestling. I also don't think he'll be as good at 185 then he is at 170.
    Jones and Silva are much more equal.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Really? That would be a really stupid decision, if he wanted that. Silva is much bigger than him, but maybe he just wants to see if he can control Silva with wrestling. I also don't think he'll be as good at 185 then he is at 170.
    Jones and Silva are much more equal.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/1...va-may-ufc-154

There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Yeah that knockout from Hendricks was pretty damn sweet.
    I think there's a good chance we could see him (Hendricks) face GSP in the near future, these dream fights very rarely happen, But I would love to see Silva vs GSP so hopefully it can be sorted out.

So much respect for GSP to come back after that injury and perform the way he did against a very tough opponent.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Yeah that knockout from Hendricks was pretty damn sweet.
    I think there's a good chance we could see him (Hendricks) face GSP in the near future, these dream fights very rarely happen, But I would love to see Silva vs GSP so hopefully it can be sorted out.

So much respect for GSP to come back after that injury and perform the way he did against a very tough opponent.
    I didn't know that you follow MMA

Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    I didn't know that you follow MMA
    I'm not going to pretend I'm a massive fan or know that much about it.. But I like watching UFC when it's on and if it happens to be a fighter that I like, I always enjoy watching it

So yeah, not a big fan.. but I do enjoy watching it when I know it's on.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.