Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53
  1. #11
    This is tough one!!! Overall in ring work is good, he has good mic skills, he can go from heel to face and back to heel in 1 show. Then again he played back room politics with Shawn Michaels, married Stephanie, buried other wrestlers, gave himself the title like 13 times. The real question should be, would he be where he is today if he didn't play politics? Rock started after Triple H but became a bigger star.

  2. #12
    I don't think he is, I think he as great charisma, promos are top drawer and I'm quite shocked Bret thinks his last two WM matches with Taker aren't that great. I thought they were excellent.

    I'd put him just below Austin and The Rock.
     

  3. #13
    HHH is in the top 1000; regardless what the beloved Bret Hart says to the contrary.


    As for the question asked; Yes, HHH is over rated. HHH is a great wrestler for his ring psychology in SPECIFIC matches (example: HHH vs. Taker, HBK vs. HHH, Rock vs. HHH) but when he is the one that is supposed to be relied upon to carry the match to a full success, the match usually falls flat. Trips has evolved into what he is now and there it is no mistake that he will be remembered as one of the greats for many years to come. However, when most fans associate HHH, it will be because he married the bosses daughter; not for him hosting 5 star matches.



    If HHH had not married the boss’s daughter, would he have had the reigns he had? Would he have been booked so dominant? Would he have been given the position of leader? These are questions that no one will know the answer too because speculation is just that. And while his association with the McMahon family has attached the stigma to his career, he shouldn't be remembered for this being his sole accomplishment in the wrestling industry. Vince liked HHH before Hunter and Steph even began dating so who knows just where Trips path would have taken him without the tie in to VKM's daughter.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  4. #14
    I think it's ridiculous to say he isn't in the top 1000 wrestlers when there probably aren't even 200 top wrestlers. He always had a good look, a few good gimmicks like the water spray, but he is overrated. He was around in hte era of Austin and Rock and yet few will identify him unless they're a wrestling fan, he never broke out beyond the confines of the WWE. He will be remembered well, but as others have said, his memory will always be tainted by the fact he is working there and so any time people mention HHH it will be referenced back to that, and his career will be thought of hte same.

    I also think his last Taker match was overrated, maybe because I didn't see the build up just the match itself, but it was boring and very little went on, mostly just lots of weapon shots.

  5. #15
    Yeah, HHH is over rated by WWE. No one I know actually holds him in that high regard as one might The Rock #spits#, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, The Undertaker etc. and I can't remember anyone online or otherwise ever saying HHH was their favourite. WWE have a habit of putting him in the same category as Dwayne and Stone Cold as if he drove the AE as much as they did and they make out that he's a legend or and icon but really he's second fiddle to the greats.
    Don't get me wrong, HHH is definitely very good and his work justifies his main event status for the most part but as his match against Kevin Nash recently will attest he's only ever been as good as his opponent. Top 1000 wrestlers? I'd struggle to name a list of 1000 that left him out let alone one he wouldn't deserve to be on somewhere.


    Divas to believe in.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hague View Post
    I think it's ridiculous to say he isn't in the top 1000 wrestlers when there probably aren't even 200 top wrestlers. He always had a good look, a few good gimmicks like the water spray, but he is overrated. He was around in hte era of Austin and Rock and yet few will identify him unless they're a wrestling fan, he never broke out beyond the confines of the WWE. He will be remembered well, but as others have said, his memory will always be tainted by the fact he is working there and so any time people mention HHH it will be referenced back to that, and his career will be thought of hte same.

    I also think his last Taker match was overrated, maybe because I didn't see the build up just the match itself, but it was boring and very little went on, mostly just lots of weapon shots.

    Sorry, but you lost me here...

    You do know that PWI comes out with a top 500 every year, right? So there would be well over 200 wrestlers.

    Check this site out -

    http://www.wrestlingdata.com/

    Over 21k registered profiles of wrestlers... So yeah, to be in the top 1000 is a bit harder than you're making it out to be. And more people will identify with HHH than what you are speculating - after all he was in the top 5 names of the same era that Austin and Rock were in, which was when the viewership for wrestling as a whole was reaching 10's of millions of people a week. The HHH name recognition is also a bit higher than what you are making it out to be.


    As for the HHH vs. Taker match being over rated - You are entitled to your own opinion I guess... But I think that match was better than anything put out in the year 2012. The closest thing to it (for me) wasn't even a WWE match.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Sorry, but you lost me here...

    You do know that PWI comes out with a top 500 every year, right? So there would be well over 200 wrestlers.

    Check this site out -

    http://www.wrestlingdata.com/

    Over 21k registered profiles of wrestlers... So yeah, to be in the top 1000 is a bit harder than you're making it out to be. And more people will identify with HHH than what you are speculating - after all he was in the top 5 names of the same era that Austin and Rock were in, which was when the viewership for wrestling as a whole was reaching 10's of millions of people a week. The HHH name recognition is also a bit higher than what you are making it out to be.


    As for the HHH vs. Taker match being over rated - You are entitled to your own opinion I guess... But I think that match was better than anything put out in the year 2012. The closest thing to it (for me) wasn't even a WWE match.
    I felt CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk Vs Jericho where much better matches than HHH Vs Undertaker. Not saying the match was bad but I felt it wasn't the best match in WWE from 2012

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Sorry, but you lost me here...

    You do know that PWI comes out with a top 500 every year, right? So there would be well over 200 wrestlers.

    Check this site out -

    http://www.wrestlingdata.com/

    Over 21k registered profiles of wrestlers... So yeah, to be in the top 1000 is a bit harder than you're making it out to be. And more people will identify with HHH than what you are speculating - after all he was in the top 5 names of the same era that Austin and Rock were in, which was when the viewership for wrestling as a whole was reaching 10's of millions of people a week. The HHH name recognition is also a bit higher than what you are making it out to be.


    As for the HHH vs. Taker match being over rated - You are entitled to your own opinion I guess... But I think that match was better than anything put out in the year 2012. The closest thing to it (for me) wasn't even a WWE match.
    I meant that you'd struggle to name 200 high quality top tier wrestlers. I 'thought' that was what Bret was referring to.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I felt CM Punk Vs Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk Vs Jericho where much better matches than HHH Vs Undertaker. Not saying the match was bad but I felt it wasn't the best match in WWE from 2012


    Fair enough but Punk vs. Bryan OTL wasn't as good as some of the matches they had in the past. I guess because I had seen it before, it wasn't that "special" to me. *Check out the Ted Petty Invitational 2004 or ROH: Reborn 2004* and Jericho vs. Punk was about the Angle for me... Not the matches. Sure watching Jericho and Punk together was great, but I remember the feud (specifically the psychology and mic work) more than I remember the actual matches.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hague View Post
    I meant that you'd struggle to name 200 high quality top tier wrestlers. I 'thought' that was what Bret was referring to.
    Depends on the kind of fan you are...


    If you are a fan of Rock music or someone who listens to it over all other choices in music, you could easily come up with 200 band names that you like. If you are a casual fan of rock music, you would probably struggle.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.