Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Triple H WAS great until Bret said he wasn't and now all of a sudden he doesn't even fit in the top 1000? Yes I would put Trips in the top 25 of all time at the very least. He has had some great matches, and after several months earlier last year after Mania when people were praising Triple H and Undertaker for having the best match at mania, and maybe one of the better HIAC matches of all time, maybe even on the top 10 best matches of all time, then a year later that match isn't even 4 1/2 stars to a lot of those same people? Does his involvement in the screw job change people's minds or something? Because Bret has bitterness toward him? Let me clear some things up for you, the screw job became almost 100% necessary when Bret refused to drop the title. Bret didn't want to do what was right for business, he was only out for himself. He was leaving the company for a more lucrative contract with WCW and yet didn't want to drop the title when Vince said so. Um, hello? The title owned by Vince? That's like taking your computer to a repair shop, the shop fixes your computer, you pay for it, and they all of a sudden don't want to give it back even though you paid for the service to fix it AND your the owner of the computer. Fast forward to today, Bret, who I do consider a legendary figure in this business, is telling his opinion that triple h is overrated, and all of a sudden the same people who rode Triple H's jock strap for years are now turning on him and saying, "he's not great at all." I'm sure some of you probably do share honest opinions about Trips that you've always had, but most of the posts I've seen putting down Triple H sound like Sheeple posts. Guess What? Bret Hart isn't the be all end all of this business. Just because he says something does not make it true. Bret used to be the excellence of execution, now he's a bitter old man who made some decisions that completely backfired on him. The fact that he thought it was HIS decision whether or not to drop the title is what made his bed. I respect Bret as one of the all time greats, but like I said, his word is not the word of the almighty, and sheep should NOT follow. Don't forget this is the same Bret that praises John Cena as one of the all time greats.
    Last edited by masakaritko; 02-05-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    "What was dat honey? Oh dat was da dragon screw leg whip!" -Dusty Rhodes on commentary during Rey Mysterio jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero at Halloween Havoc '96

After years of shrugging it off, Cena's beginning to get annoyed by his haters.

I noticed some of you saying Triple H is the greatest heal, I disagree with that Statement. Owen Hart and Shane McMahon was better heals. Owen and Shane would get me so mad that I actually wanted to punch the t.v. HHH could never do that with me. No questions about it, HHH knew how to sell his character despite backroom politics. I'm not his talent and far in work goes, thought he was better before he hooked up with Stephanie.

Blog Entries
    I used to hate Triple H so much from 2002-2005. He is definitely overrated. You can put alot of blame on HHH for why WWE has failed to create tons of successful superstars (I am not talking about Cena/Orton). He didn't put over Booker T at WM and this guy was hot back then, he was way over with the fans. He did the same thing Rob Van Dam, Kane, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton.

The Intercontinental Title helped put Orton over, so did HBK, RVD, Mick Foley. Ever since Orton's match with Foley, he never looked back. Foley put him over big time and let's not forget even Benoit. HHH burried Orton brutally and send him to midcard status just to fulfill his own ego and get another two title reigns. The reason Brock Lesnar was even sent to Smackdown was HHH refused to put him over, so they also sent Undertaker & Big Show along to Smackdown to help put Lesnar over. Also why HHH moved to Raw.

The only guys he pretty much lost cleanly to was HBK, Goldberg, Batista & Benoit. HBK for obvious reasons. Goldberg because his contact guaranteed a run with the world title. Benoit because they were running out of star power and needed someone else on RAW to fight HHH after he basically buried the roster.

I'll give credit where credit is due. Triple H is good in the ring and he can be really great on the mic when he is a heel. He sucks as a face.
    Last edited by Mr. McMahon; 02-05-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masakaritko View Post
    Triple H WAS great until Bret said he wasn't and now all of a sudden he doesn't even fit in the top 1000? Yes I would put Trips in the top 25 of all time at the very least. He has had some great matches, and after several months earlier last year after Mania when people were praising Triple H and Undertaker for having the best match at mania, and maybe one of the better HIAC matches of all time, maybe even on the top 10 best matches of all time, then a year later that match isn't even 4 1/2 stars to a lot of those same people? Does his involvement in the screw job change people's minds or something? Because Bret has bitterness toward him? Let me clear some things up for you, the screw job became almost 100% necessary when Bret refused to drop the title. Bret didn't want to do what was right for business, he was only out for himself. He was leaving the company for a more lucrative contract with WCW and yet didn't want to drop the title when Vince said so. Um, hello? The title owned by Vince? That's like taking your computer to a repair shop, the shop fixes your computer, you pay for it, and they all of a sudden don't want to give it back even though you paid for the service to fix it AND your the owner of the computer. Fast forward to today, Bret, who I do consider a legendary figure in this business, is telling his opinion that triple h is overrated, and all of a sudden the same people who rode Triple H's jock strap for years are now turning on him and saying, "he's not great at all." I'm sure some of you probably do share honest opinions about Trips that you've always had, but most of the posts I've seen putting down Triple H sound like Sheeple posts. Guess What? Bret Hart isn't the be all end all of this business. Just because he says something does not make it true. Bret used to be the excellence of execution, now he's a bitter old man who made some decisions that completely backfired on him. The fact that he thought it was HIS decision whether or not to drop the title is what made his bed. I respect Bret as one of the all time greats, but like I said, his word is not the word of the almighty, and sheep should NOT follow. Don't forget this is the same Bret that praises John Cena as one of the all time greats.

Nice and agree. Good post. *fist bump*

I'm personally not particularly fond of Trips, but it's impossible to look at things objectively and still come away thinking even remotely like Bret here. I mean, not even in the top 1000? Seriously?

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5