Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Is Triple H Overrated?

Reading some of the comments Bret Hart has made about Triple H and how ''he wouldn't put him in the top 1000 great wrestlers. To me he was very mediocre." It seems to me Bret thinks Triple H is overrated. and thinks that maybe his 13 time world titles are unwarranted.

So simple do you guys think Triple H is overrated?

For me I've never been a big Triple H fan, he never really had great matches unless he worked with top talent such as Mick Foley, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, and Shawn Michaels. His in-ring psychology is great, but the fact he couldn't put over Booker-t at Wrestlemania, (who really should have won that match) and the fact he has won 13 World Titles is ridiculous. Triple H is good, but he's not that great, compared to other top wrestlers on the roster. This of course is my opinion.

Thoughts?

never really have liked him, if you look at all his best matches, he was carried by his opponent(s)

Matches that come to mind: Against John Cena. You're face of the company. I doubt Cena carried him & those were great matches. Particularly WM 22 & Night Of Champions 2008.

Yes, I've thought he has been overrated for years. He is a good wrestler, good performer, no doubt about that. But not great. He rode Shawn Michaels' coat tails, then married Vinnie Mac's daughter to get to the top.

Off the top of my head, I can recall Triple H in bloody battles but can't really think of matches that stick out. HHH vs Cactus Jack Hell in a Cell, but that was mainly Foley taking all the bumps like a champ. HHH got hit with the fake 2x4 barb wire as well. Rock/HHH Iron Man Match I remember that, but I remember that more as Undertaker coming back as the American Bad Ass. Austin vs HHH 3 stages of hell was probably his best match I can recall. That and his last WM match vs Taker.

Maybe it's just me but I just think he is good, not great.

Blog Entries
    Yeah what these guys said. Good, but not great. Not overly big on charisma, enough to get through but a definite game player, lol, and that's what counts most in this business.

Certainly, I have always hated HHH...hated him heel and face...And I laughed HARD about Brett not putting him in even "The greatest 1000"...damn that's pretty fucked up .

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    Funny that Bret can show up at a PPV one minute, then the next rip the shit out of the companies number 2 guy. Something went down I reckon!

That's what I thought too...He was working with them not that long ago at all...Seemed so out of the blue....I'm almost halfway interested in a response from H just out of curiosity....Hey look at that...it takes someone rippin the shit out him to make me actually care about him.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Triple H is good, but he's not that great, compared to other top wrestlers on the roster.
    You mean the current roster? You've gotta be kidding me. Triple H is better than most of the roster.
    I don't think he's overrated. Triple H is the first heel I truly hated & every weekend I just wanted to see what he would do next.
    He's only gotten better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Reading some of the comments Bret Hart has made about Triple H and how ''he wouldn't put him in the top 1000 great wrestlers. To me he was very mediocre." It seems to me Bret thinks Triple H is overrated. and thinks that maybe his 13 time world titles are unwarranted.

So simple do you guys think Triple H is overrated?

For me I've never been a big Triple H fan, he never really had great matches unless he worked with top talent such as Mick Foley, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, and Shawn Michaels. His in-ring psychology is great, but the fact he couldn't put over Booker-t at Wrestlemania, (who really should have won that match) and the fact he has won 13 World Titles is ridiculous. Triple H is good, but he's not that great, compared to other top wrestlers on the roster. This of course is my opinion.

Thoughts?
    i'm almost 40, been watching wrestling since i was 5. if i were to make a list of greatest wrestlers i've seen in my life his name never even crosses my mind....