Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would happen if Superstars were given time off

After watching wrestling for pretty much my entire life, I still sit here and wonder how hard it would be to work the schedule they work. With very little time to themselves, and constantly being on the road it would be very easy to become lazy and not really care about what you are doing in the ring as well as increase the possibility of injuries.

I would like to see some sort of mandatory time off given to these guys, WWE and TNA. I just think something like a 20-30 day mandatory vacation per year would do great for the superstars as well as the show. It would give the work horses time off, and allow other guys to fill spots for a few weeks and get their time to show what they are made of. The time off could allow people to heal up, be at home, get back into tip top shape(I know they all are but when anyone is injured and comes back they are usually ripped for a few months then you see them go back to normal), as well as work on other adventures such as all the youtube and social media stuff the WWE is pushing at the moment.

Seems like something that is much needed to me. What do you guys think.

i think you are right, wwe should give their wrestlers some time off, maybe letting other main eventer to take the spot for a while, right now we got plenty of guys who could be just happy to take the spot, and it can help main eventers to freshen up and be happily welcome back

I've been saying this for a while, maybe after Mania they have a month or two where they only do Raw Smackdown and PPVs, no house shows, this should help the main guys get their steam back.

event though mid-card and top dogs are claiming over not getting enough time... I agree the WWE needs to give many time off...

Or and this might sound insane, but close the WRESTLING part of the WWE down for a month or so and let all wrestlers go home to their families and reconnect either their kids or wife

It would give the WWE time to actually fully think things through
    LET ME REMIND SOCIETY THAT I AM A LEGEND. AND ALSO I AM THE ONLY TRUE ENTITY THAT CAN CROSS TWO DIMENSIONS, AND STILL BE RELEVANT ​AMONG MY PEERS

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    event though mid-card and top dogs are claiming over not getting enough time... I agree the WWE needs to give many time off...

Or and this might sound insane, but close the WRESTLING part of the WWE down for a month or so and let all wrestlers go home to their families and reconnect either their kids or wife

It would give the WWE time to actually fully think things through
    I was thinking the time between the week of Thanksgiving and the week of New Years Day should be a relaxed period where there are no house shows and the wrestlers simply tape the TV shows and then go home for the rest of the week.

Yup. WWE have a large enough roster to rotate who's working and who isn't. They could even play it to their advantage by advertising who will be appearing on what Raw/Smackdown etc. to hype the coming shows AND imagine the storylines they could do by keeping some wrestlers apart. For example: Randy Orton and John Cena work opposite schedules and as such never face each other for the title but still have title feuds with a third person, CM Punk for argument's sake. WWE could build a rivalry between Cena and Orton so when they finally do meet at a PPV it's something special and not just "Oh, I've seen this match a hundred times before."

Not only that but by letting the guys and gals recover they'll be able to work longer careers and WWE can give exposure to other superstars who'll never get a chance otherwise.

Divas to believe in.

In my opinion, guys like Cena and Orton, who have been with WWE 10+ years straight deserves some serious time off, and maybe only work certain times of the year, like Undertaker did there towards the end. They've earned the right to not have to be on the road 24/7.

Blog Entries
    Unionize it. Regulate it. It would be for it's own good.

Depends on the superstars, I suppose. Carlito, I think, was one that said he didn't WANT time off. Whenever he got time off, he'd go work in PR.

Though, I do think they should get time off, but they know, or at least have some idea, of the work load they undertake when they go to WWE, for instance.

I wonder how a union would work in wrestling, particularly the smaller companies.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    Depends on the superstars, I suppose. Carlito, I think, was one that said he didn't WANT time off. Whenever he got time off, he'd go work in PR.
    Could've sworn Carlito had a reputation for being one of the laziest, uncaring Superstars in the locker room.