11 35.48%
  • The WWE Will Never Recreate Another Undertaker Again And Should Accept That

7 22.58%
  • Should Retire And Train New Talent BackStage

9 29.03%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    He needs to retire.

Blog Entries
    IMO, he should have retired after last year's Hell in a Cell. I can't find a better ending to such an lillustrious career than him, Triple H and Shawn all together on top of the ramp. That image is invaluable.

However, I've come to terms with the fact that he will decide when to stop. I guess he'll make it up to WM 30th, then retire. He can't go in the ring as he did, but he's still able to pull awesome once a year matches.

I think he could train future superstars in NXT. His experience will be priceless for the youngsters.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    As far as being a weekly regular, I think those days are behind him. I'd like to still see him wrestle 3 times a year though. A quick token match at SummerSlam and Survivor Series and of course a biggy at Wrestlemania.
    Look at Flair, Sting, Bret Hart, Hogan, Terry Funk, Lawler, Bob Armstrong, Jay Strongbow; even Freddie Blassie; they've all wrestled watchable matches past their prime. I really enjoyed Vince vs Bret at Wrestlemania and I loved Hogan vs String at Bound For Glory. They had the build; they told a great story and they had the pay-off.
    That's all I need from Undertaker. He could have a great match with Del Rio and Daniel Bryan, trading blows and technical holds. He could have a 10 minute match with Barrett or Sheamus, telling a story and making them look good. All he needs to do it a punch flurry, walk the ropes, scoop slam, side slam, big boot, chokeslam and last ride. Done.
    Doesn't matter if he's wrestling 5 star or even 2 star matches, all that matters is that he's wrestling. Once he's had matches with Bryan, Del Rio, Barrett, Sheamus, Ambrose, Rhodes and Ziggler I'd be happy to see him have a match with Cena and then retire for in-ring work.
    I still want to see him on-screen though, maybe as a manager or authority figure of some sort.
    As long as there are superstars on the roster he hasn't defeated then he can't retire.
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bryanb1306 View Post
    10-4. I'm sorry. Would you like to see 30 minutes of Ryder vs Tensai?
    Are you saying Undertaker is the equivalent of two jobber?

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Why should he retire? He wrestles once a year...and for the last 4 Wrestlemania's...Taker's match has been not only the best match at each WM, but arguably match of the year. Of course he still has "it"...those 4 matches were amazing and he was just as much a part of them as HBK or HHH. As far as I'm concerned, until he's embarrassing himself in the ring...he can continue for as long as he wants to come back each year and defend his Wrestlemania streak. I'd love to see Punk-Taker this year...Cena-Taker at WM30...then who knows beyond that. Maybe he will step out at that point. Depends where he's at in 2 years physically and mentally. Only he knows where his body is at...what he can handle. No one else can judge that. I don't know him personally, but Taker strikes me as a sharp guy...I don't think he'd come back and build up to a Wrestlemania match that he knows his body can't deliver on. I think that's the point...when he feels like HE can't do it...that its time to step away. And I have the utmost confidence that he would go out at that point.

Obviously he cant wrestle a weekly/monthly schedule anymore. But thats fine. I look forward to him coming back each year around this time and all the talk of who he's going to face at WM...the build to it...the match itself. Undertaker has become synonymous with Wrestlemania. As long as he can still deliver the actual match at Wrestlemania...physically and mentally...then he can stay around as long as he wants. He's earned the right to decide when to call it quits...even if he doesn't deliver a 5 star match like the last 4 years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyraines View Post
    Why should he retire? He wrestles once a year...and for the last 4 Wrestlemania's...Taker's match has been not only the best match at each WM, but arguably match of the year. Of course he still has "it"...those 4 matches were amazing and he was just as much a part of them as HBK or HHH. As far as I'm concerned, until he's embarrassing himself in the ring...he can continue for as long as he wants to come back each year and defend his Wrestlemania streak. I'd love to see Punk-Taker this year...Cena-Taker at WM30...then who knows beyond that. Maybe he will step out at that point. Depends where he's at in 2 years physically and mentally. Only he knows where his body is at...what he can handle. No one else can judge that. I don't know him personally, but Taker strikes me as a sharp guy...I don't think he'd come back and build up to a Wrestlemania match that he knows his body can't deliver on. I think that's the point...when he feels like HE can't do it...that its time to step away. And I have the utmost confidence that he would go out at that point.

Obviously he cant wrestle a weekly/monthly schedule anymore. But thats fine. I look forward to him coming back each year around this time and all the talk of who he's going to face at WM...the build to it...the match itself. Undertaker has become synonymous with Wrestlemania. As long as he can still deliver the actual match at Wrestlemania...physically and mentally...then he can stay around as long as he wants. He's earned the right to decide when to call it quits...even if he doesn't deliver a 5 star match like the last 4 years.
    I completely agree. Maybe have him retire after 25/0 at WM?
    LONG LIVE ROCK 'N' ROLL!

i believe 22-0 is fitting retirement for him... It makes him come full circle
    ​LET ME REMIND SOCIETY THAT I AM A LEGEND. AND ALSO I AM THE ONLY TRUE ENTITY THAT CAN CROSS TWO DIMENSIONS, AND STILL BE RELEVANT ​AMONG MY PEERS

The man still has match of the year every single year. He has to still got it if he is beating out all these young guns for that award consistantly. Hasn't it been like 4 years straight he has had match of the year now with his WM match?

Time to go i think. The last match he had i had the same feeling i get anytime i see Ric Flair wrestling, worried.

As long as he can still put on great matches (honestly, when was the last bad Taker match you've seen) in a safe manner I have no problem with him wrestling.

Every year for the past 3 years this same topic has been brought up, and every year Taker puts on the match of the year. Nobody is better than Undertaker.