Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anybody else noticed that Randy Orton uses the Angle Slam?

I watched last Monday on Raw that Randy Orton used the Angle Slam and then once again watching the Tribute to the Troops tonight he used the Angle Slam on the Miz.

I dont know if people would give him flack about this since he is using Angle's Move like Michelle McCool and AJ Styles. I mean i know Orton is WWE's top star/prize and I wouldnt see anything coming against him from Angle since he wrestled Orton and would respect him at how he got to where he is.

Just my two cents as many wrestlers are taking others signature moves and using them as their own. Maybe just overanalyzing it all ahah.

Probably similar to HBK using the Crossface. Get the younger generation to associate the move with Orton.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    No one can do it better than Angle.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't Daniel Bryan use a version of the Crossface although slightly different?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Doesn't Daniel Bryan use a version of the Crossface although slightly different?
    It is a crossface variation.

Blog Entries
    I don't see too much problem with it. I do think Orton's move set has become a bit stale as of late (the snap scoop slam pin, inverted headlock back braker, rope hung ddt) so I think he's just trying to spice up his move set and keep it fresh. A lot of wrestlers share moves in the industry. I'm sure if you went to the indies, you'd find others that use the Angle Slam. Kane, Undertaker and Big Show all use the Chokeslam as a finisher and Vladmir Kozlov uses a variation of it; Ezekiel jackson does the Rock Bottom; Orton does a variation of a stunner etc. So with that in mind, I don't have a problem with it.

On a side note, I'm surprised WWE haven't told Jack Swagger to use it lol!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    On a side note, I'm surprised WWE haven't told Jack Swagger to use it lol!
    Like you said, theyr'e keeping it fresh. So if they let Swagger use it, it would be kind of a recycled version of Angle (just look at Swagger already lol). I find it better that someone else do it, to break out of their usual moveset that wer'e used to.

Its just a High Angle Suplex.... its on the Olympic/Angle Slam because Kurt Angle called it that.... Santino Marella uses the Stunner... But shall we call that the Stone Cold Stunner....? pretty much everyone uses a DDT shall we say there using the Raven Effect....?

Orton uses the RKO which is a Cutter variation.... Homicide has been using that move since Orton was in nappys probably so....???

Moves are moves they just have different names is what im tryin to get at...

Without sounding like a douche... this thread is slightly pointless!

"Dont Drop the Soap" *clap clap clap clap clap* "Dont Drop the Soap" *clap clap clap clap clap* "Dont Drop the Soap" *clap clap clap clap clap* "Dont Drop the Soap" *clap clap clap clap clap*

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...ship-Wrestling We need YOU!!!

www.myspace.com/twinjets

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJHawkesybaby View Post
    Its just a High Angle Suplex.... its on the Olympic/Angle Slam because Kurt Angle called it that.... Santino Marella uses the Stunner... But shall we call that the Stone Cold Stunner....? pretty much everyone uses a DDT shall we say there using the Raven Effect....?

Orton uses the RKO which is a Cutter variation.... Homicide has been using that move since Orton was in nappys probably so....???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that

Quote Originally Posted by TJHawkesybaby View Post

And Stone Cold could have just called it the Whippersnapper. Mikey Whipwreck anyone?

Orton could have called the RKO the Diamond Cutter, and DDP could have just called it the Ace Crusher. Johhny Ace anyone?

Call it the Raven Effect? No, it can just be called the DDT. Jake The Snake Roberts anyone?