Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goldust?

Blog Entries

Question Goldust?

What do we expect or hope for from the return of Goldust? How can WWE ignore that reaction? It was a Road Warrior pop - the biggest you can get. I know that the crowd was amped up for possible exciting returns but even that was beyond the norm.

This was interesting too;

Cody Rhodes tweeted that he didn't know Goldust would be returning at the Royal Rumble.

He wrote: "Watching TheRumble. Well handled secrecy, @WWEDustyRhodes didn't even smarten me up, didn't see Dustin the whole day, then I heard his music. We have MANY differences, but you're pretty undeniable when I can barely hear said music because the crowd. Amused that I spoiled it for him"

As noted earlier, the Goldust return had been planned for a week or so prior to the pay-per-view due to the angle with his real-life brother, Cody Rhodes. With Cody claiming he was unaware of the return, it's likely WWE was "shooting" and wanted a genuine reaction from Cody when his brother entered the match.

Blog Entries
    I think Rhodes might be pulling our leg here. Aren't all the spots in the Rumble planned? There's no way that Rhodes would be expected to just work with his brother nearly the entire length he was in without there being some kind of plan behind it. Out of all the matches in the WWE, the Royal Rumble is one match you don't want to fuck up in, especially concerning eliminations.

Anyways, I doubt WWE will go for it. They really didn't do anything with G-Dust last time he was around and I doubt they'd do it again now.

Blog Entries
    Word is they kept Jericho a secret too. They're professionals Jelly. They CAN improvise you know. It's their job. There's no difference wrangling with Drew McIntyre than there is with Goldust in the Rumble. They call the spots and eliminations when they're out there for the most part. It hardly matters who goes out when if they know they aren't winning.

So while Kofi's spots were definitely planned and I'm sure everyone was told not to eliminate Dolph and Jericho until later, it's not until late in the match that the spots are absolutely set out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Word is they kept Jericho a secret too. They're professionals Jelly. They CAN improvise you know. It's their job. There's no difference wrangling with Drew McIntyre than there is with Goldust in the Rumble. They call the spots and eliminations when they're out there for the most part. It hardly matters who goes out when if they know they aren't winning.

So while Kofi's spots were definitely planned and I'm sure everyone was told not to eliminate Dolph and Jericho until later, it's not until late in the match that the spots are absolutely set out.
    Alright. That makes sense then. I completely forgot about wrestlers calling spots during the match in a hushed tone to one another or through hand signals. My bad. Now that this seems like less than a work on Cody's part, maybe they're just trying to promote a possible feud? But then again, he's a bit busy with The Rhodes Scholars at the moment but I guess they could always do an angle where Goldust tries to turn his brother to the light or something. Sandow/Goldust interaction is anything but bad.

Blog Entries
    I saw one moment recently, I think it was in the Rumble, where one guy possibly Dolph buried his head into the neck of someone int the corner - it looked like he was giving him a hiccy lol - and you could just tell they were calling a spot. Guys with long hair have an advantage here too. Sometimes though, it's so blatant it's embarrassing.

It's doubtful we will see a reemergence from Goldy as is the case with the Godfather.

"The past is just that" - Mad Bill

Just ONE match between the Rhodes brothers. That's all I ask.

I'd really like to see Cody vs Goldie at Mania. Brother vs Brother. I'm sure Dusty would get involved some way too. It could make for a great storyline, the dashing good looking brother who dad was proud of, vs. the daranged one who dad was ashamed of.

I do not believe Cody didn't actually know he was coming out. Sure they are professionals, but they were clearly targeting each other - and its not a coincidence he eliminated him. Sure, Codys reaction would be genuine if he REALLY didn't know, but its hardly worth it. Its a much safer bet to just keep Cody in the know, and tell him to act surprised- by the logic that he's'a professional - he is very capable of acting surprised. The flipside, he's flustered that his brother is in the ring after 5+ years and it leads to a botch cause he's distracted. No reason to not inform Cody.

"I'm so damn good when I'm finished there won't be a dry eye - or dry seat - sorry ladies - in the entire arena." #HEEL

Blog Entries
    Just one match between the brothers would be a great feud to see. I'm happy enough for it not to be at Wrestlemania even. Of course, it's potentially a feud worthy of Wrestlemania, but I'm all for seeing it at any ppv to be honest.
    It's a feud with so much potential it would make for some great tv.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Just one match between the brothers would be a great feud to see. I'm happy enough for it not to be at Wrestlemania even. Of course, it's potentially a feud worthy of Wrestlemania, but I'm all for seeing it at any ppv to be honest.
    It's a feud with so much potential it would make for some great tv.
    I'd be content if it happened on an episode of SmackDown, tbh. As long as it happens. This is one of those matches that HAS to happen before the world ends.