View Poll Results: How should it play out?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heel forever

7 22.58%
  • Turn face and stay there

0 0%
  • Keep switching back and forth

10 32.26%
  • He's a tweener

10 32.26%
  • Something else

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

CM Punk - Heel For Life?

Considering CM Punks's awesome momentum currently as a heel, I have to wonder if he should ever go back. Or even if he could and be convincing. I really don't think I could buy it and I'm pretty sure I'd see him as less if he was face now.

Initially, during his early runs in WWECW and on Raw(I can't speak for his bingo hall stuff), he was a great face. He seemed to hit the right note with fans and that was helped by his little boy smile. He still has the same smile but now it reminds me of the little boy you have to keep an eye on lest he burn your house down. But nowadays, I just can't help but think he can never go back.

With the amount of vitriolic hatred he has convincingly spewed forth, I think Punk has firmly cemented himself in the heel-for-life club. For one thing, he would lose half his fan base if he went face. True fact. People like to say that they are true Punk fans but I doubt they would go for long with him kissing the asses of fans and still proudly wear his as-corny-as-Cena T-shirts. (Ok they are slightly cooler but I still wouldn't be caught dead in them!)

I'm not going to sit here and suggest they won't try turning Punk face again - that's the nature of the industry. His ass kissing promos will still be just as scripted as his venomous heel ones but he'll do it all the same because like it or not - it's all about the Benjamins, even to Punk. And CM Punk does the business.

Vote for how you would like to see Punk's heel/face career trajectory go.

Blog Entries
    I personally don't believe it will be that long before punk is a face again. If cena were to get injured they really don't have a guy to take his place minus Orton and Ryback. Do you really want to trust your flagship show to a guy as green as Ryback?

I personally find the most enjoyment out of punk as a tweener, the anti hero guy who gets people to love him because of his anti authority facade. I'm well aware that I might be in the minority when it comes to this though... I am well aware the wwe will do whatever they need to, to make money. I do agree with you though, punk will probably never be the face that he was 8 months ago when he would give up his title to not hurt the feelings of AJ Lee, he will probably be a heel for the majority of his remaining career.
    #TeamGeeky

Heel forever his best moments in WWE have been heel and most of his Indie career he was a heel as well its his best alignment.

A heel that will still get huge cheers from certain sections of the crowd.

Need to switch it up to avoid irrelevancy

I'm pretty sure regardless if they use him as a face or not, his heel character is etched in stone. Regardless how he is angled he will be cheered and have is constant fan base. Like Steve Austin, HHH, Undertaker, Rock...etc.

He will be like Edge and Jericho. Basically will flip back and forth a lot. Will be better at being a heel but will be so over that gets cheered more than boo'd while being a heel. All of these guys reached the point of being so good at being a heel they garnered tons of respect and therefore cheers.

Black Ninja!
    I changed my mind since I clicked the stupid button...

He should stay as a heel, if he were to go face then he would end up the way that orton has. Someone who does good things but can't fully get people behind him as the good guy. Basically he has made it impossible to go back now.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    I changed my mind since I clicked the stupid button...

He should stay as a heel, if he were to go face then he would end up the way that orton has. Someone who does good things but can't fully get people behind him as the good guy. Basically he has made it impossible to go back now.
    I don't believe that too be true at all. I don't think he will ever get as much heat as he did when he was doing the SES stuff. The Hardy and Rey Mysterio feuds were really great and really pissed people off.

I think now is the time he can switch back and forth with ease. When he gets into his attitude and vents backstage politics people eat it up. Even the 30 year old dudes decked out in Cena purple will cheer Punk when he is talking shit about how the business is ran.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Basically he has made it impossible to go back now.
    Nothing is impossible in the WWE. Look at how popular that Tensai has become in the last week with his babyface turn. In his match against Titus O'Neil on Main Event the other day he really had the crowd behind him after Brodus Clay came out and stood in his corner to help keep Darren Young out of the match. He even had a little dance with the Funkadactyls afterwards. Punk can be made to look like a babyface in a heartbeat if needed. All it would take is for two main babyfaces like Cena and Sheamus to get hurt and Punk could be there pretty quickly if the writers do it right.

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

WWE PPV Prediction Contest Standings:
    22nd place overall

Royal Rumble - 29th
    Elimination Chamber - 33rd
    Wrestlemania - 25th
    Extreme Rules - ooops, I forgot
    Payback - 9th
    MITB - 6th
    Battleground - 15th

Current 2014 overall standing:
    23rd