Threaded View

Blog Entries

Ryback - As Good As It Gets?

I've heard a lot of talk about Ryan Reeves/Ryback being 'green'. The definition for this purpose being - not fully developed or perfected in growth or condition; unripe; not properly aged.

Which is to say - not sufficiently experienced.

Hang on a second; Ryback's first exposure to the business was in 2004. For arguments sake, lets round that down to 8 years ago. Then, he's been wrestling practically full time since 2005. So, let's say that is 7 years to be absolutely fair.

Tell me- how long is he still going to be 'green' for?? How long are people going to be able to make excuses for his limited moveset and clunky execution? I hardly think working squash matches against lesser opponents is offering him much more of a learning experience than developmental. And his matches with upper echelon stars are just heavily scripted spot-fests.

I have nothing against Ryback but I really think this guy is as good as he's going to get. He has little to no charisma and all he does have in that regard is hype and catchphrases. They don't last.